Doin' God's Work-Phase II

KRAM1

OK, following up on the comment about getting a group of willing Mean Green supporters together one Saturday to pass out football posters...we are set to go on SATURDAY, JULY 28th beginning at 9:00AM.

I have arranged to pick up a stack of posters and, hopefully some mini-schedules, for folks to pass out to accomodating businesses in the Denton-Dallas-Ft. Worth or where ever areas.

Those willing to "donate" as little as one hour or as much time as you have to help that Saturday...please PM me and I'll give you the rest of the details and assign an area for you to cover that morning. I can only work that morning and I am sure others are tied up at various times as well...so if you want to just come pick up posters and distribute to your assigned area later...great, no problem. But, the more folks we have going around that morning the better.

PLEASE wear Mean Green gear as well on your appointed rounds....

OK, so, I know some folks have already expressed interest in helping with this project...it really will take very little time...so, just PM me here on GMG.Com and we'll get all the details out to you as far as meet up location. If you have an area in mind that you would like to cover just let me know and we'll make sure you get that assignment as well.

So...who is in on this fun little Saturday project??????

ALSO...if you are a business owner and would like a poster delivered to your place of business...just PM me or let me know in this thread and I'll make certain you are "hand delivered" a poster...and hopefully some mini-schedules if they are available as well.

Folks, this is the sort of thing you can do to support the Mean Green and to make a positive difference for YOUR university and YOUR team that really doesn't cost anything at all in the way of dollars...maybe a little gas money, but that's it. So, if you can and would like to be part of this event...let me know. Should be fun!

GO MEAN GREEN! Hope to see at least 8-10 interested folks...won't take long and it's a positive way to help.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

If coming from the South or East, you have to go to 380 and make a U turn. They have all the passes under 35E closed for some reason. (bridge looking good!)

Bonnie Brae exit closed coming up I35W also, just FYI

• Upvote 2

I had a great time hanging posters with UNT90 around Denton today. We got around 34 posters in businesses around the Best Buy, Walmart, Kroger, and Target shopping centers. I hope all the other people had similar success. Thanks KRAM1 for organizing this event.

• Upvote 7

For those wondering. Side Show Joe and I ran out of posters to give. We got great cooperation from Jersey Mikes (poster hung inside and on the entry door), Buffalo Wild Wings (took 4 posters to hang throughout the restaurant), Wataburger, Popeyes (off the loop and I35E) and the pizza place attached to it, Car Toys, Walgreens, and a bunch of other places I can't remember (little help, Side Show?)

Most of the corporate stores took posters with the promise to ask for permission to hang them up. Some took smaller posters to hang in their break rooms when their company policy wouldn't allow them to hang them in the store.

We were generally met with enthusiasm, even from the folks who couldn't allow the posters to go up.

This is something that we could do every year. Hell, we could all meet before a football tailgate and do it with basketball season posters.

The feedback was over 90 percent positive. It's there, folks, we just have to go get it.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 7

For those wondering. Side Show Joe and I ran out of posters to give. We got great cooperation from Jersey Mikes (poster hung inside and on the entry door), Buffalo Wild Wings (took 4 posters to hang throughout the restaurant), Wataburger, Popeyes (off the loop and I35E) and the pizza place attached to it, Car Toys, Eckards, and a bunch of other places I can't remember (little help, Side Show?)

Most of the corporate stores took posters with the promise to ask for permission to hang them up. Some took smaller posters to hang in their break rooms when their company policy wouldn't allow them to hang them in the store.

We were generally met with enthusiasm, even from the folks who couldn't allow the posters to go up.

This is something that we could do every year. Hell, we could all meet before a football tailgate and do it with basketball season posters.

The feedback was over 90 percent positive. It's there, folks, we just have to go get it.

Wallgreens posted one by their UNT Shirt section.

Game Stop, Smoothy King, Wing Stop, the that nail salon by Jersey Mike's, and the Sport's Authority. I'm sure there are a few more, but I can't remember.

• Upvote 2

went up and acquired some posters at the stadium t-shirt shop and looked at the new pedestrian bridge. I'll be distributing some posters in the Saginaw area. I have a standing invitation from a donut shop in south Saginaw (the owner is a TCU grad) and I'll hit a couple of sports bars in the area. The donut shop gets a LOT of business from the new families that have moved into the new home construction in that area. AND they get more than their share of the Police businessl........ :rolleyes:

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 4

The stores within Golden Triangle all pretty much had their corporate hands tied, wouldn't allow any to be put up. I get that about clothing retail, obstructing merchandise... However, theres now a poster hung inside the window of the main entry of the mall itself. (permission not granted..) Take that Golden Triangle!

Got others hung at a couple of jiffy lube places, Diesel Fitness, few other mom n pop places close to the mall. I still have about 5 or 6 left, but I have to go to Denton next weekend, so I'm gonna look for some more places.

• Upvote 5

Just got home from doing my part in Allen and Fairview. I also ran into some corporate policy stuff as well as some "just leave it and we'll hang it later" (which hopefully they do). I personally hung posters at (from what I remember):

Finish Line

Twisted Root

Old Navy

A Real Bookstore

Rally House Texas

Uptown Popcorn

Purple Cow

Fairview Dry Cleaners

Sport Clips

Bicycle Shop

Plucker's

Smoothie King

MooYa

Freebird's

Thai Box

Tootie's

Which Wich

Rudy's BBQ

• Upvote 7

Thanks for your hard work! I am sure the businesses in Denton were glad to have a football poster instead of the latest vegan coop market poster, or some sort of weird Indy band playing at Dan's.

*No offense meant to a certain coop person here, just directed at weird Denton.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 5

The stores within Golden Triangle all pretty much had their corporate hands tied, wouldn't allow any to be put up. I get that about clothing retail, obstructing merchandise... However, theres now a poster hung inside the window of the main entry of the mall itself. (permission not granted..) Take that Golden Triangle!

Got others hung at a couple of jiffy lube places, Diesel Fitness, few other mom n pop places close to the mall. I still have about 5 or 6 left, but I have to go to Denton next weekend, so I'm gonna look for some more places.

If you didn't hit Discount Sport Nutrition , next to Mooyah's , the manager would be more than happy to hang one in window. He is close friend and big UNT fan.

Thanks to all you guys for the hard work !!

• Upvote 1

went up and acquired some posters at the stadium t-shirt shop and looked at the new pedestrian bridge. I'll be distributing some posters in the Saginaw area. I have a standing invitation from a donut shop in south Saginaw (the owner is a TCU grad) and I'll hit a couple of sports bars in the area. The donut shop gets a LOT of business from the new families that have moved into the new home construction in that area. AND they get more than their share of the Police businessl........ :rolleyes:

The donut shop? Silver, you've been holding out on us.

• Upvote 1

Hit south Teasley all the way to Kroger at Hickory Creek.

Several nail shops, cleaners, Vittys, Wing Stop, Papa whatever pizza, smoke shop, bunch of mom and Pop spots. Also Metzlers. Metzlers wants some of the pocket schedules, too. Hope I can get a few of those.

Everybody was pretty cool, and were glad to help out by putting a poster up. Taking the 3 or 4 large posters I have left to Highland Village and Arlington on Monday.

• Upvote 5

University drive from 35 to the TWU campus is saturated now as well. Also, nice to see some of the posters put out a few weeks ago still up...I know they went just pacifying me. ;-)

If I'd have known how successful this could've been I'd have asked for help years ago. Kudos Kram for bringing the rest of the work crew on board.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

gallery_1_23_30490.jpg

What a great day....many thanks to the "Spread the Green" football paster crew. WE met at 9:00AM at the UNT Alumni pavilion...had a look-see at the new pedestrian bridge...had some coffee and juice and a donut/kolache or two, distributed posters and off everyone went...there were nine (9) of us this morning...the crew consisted of:

KRAM1

UNT90

UNT 90 Grad

Long Jim

NMGreen

Emmitt01

Diet Coke Boy

trud1966

Slide Shoe Joe

Everyone of these volunteers deserve a pat on the back for giving up a good part of there Saturday to help be part of the solution for the Mean green. personally, I had a great time! I got to meet Slide Show Joe and trud1966 who i had not had the pleasure of meeting before...and I got to meet NMGreen's Mom who came to ride shotgun for NMGreen on his appointed rounds...and how about UNT90 who drove in from Granbury, UNT 90 Grad who made the trek down from the Allen area and NMGreen who actually came in from las Vegas, Nevada for a visit home and volunteered to give up part of that visit home to help the Mean Green!!!! All you guys are the greatest!

Asa for my day...well, it could not have gone any better...I only had until about 11:30AM to work as I had to get to another commitment, but in the time I had I was welcomed in each and every shop I entered and NO ONE turned me away...and only one did not allow me to personally put up the poster/s before I left...they had to check with the owner, but took the poster...my list included (19 posters at 15 locations):

Sticker Station

Denton Bicycle center

Unique Barber

Burguesa Burger

Rooster's Roadhouse

Fuzzy's Tacos (they were excited to see me as customer's have been asking where the posters were..clients wanted them)

The Love Shack

Ramen Republic

Hickory Street Lounge

Weienberger's Deli (They asked for more Mean Green "swag" to display...very enthusiastic about UNT)

Mellow Mushroom (had to ask owner, but took a poster)

Campus Barber Shop

Hoochie's

Hooter's

Oak Street Draft House

I have a photo of the "Poster Crew" and if I can figure out how to post it, I'll get it up here on GMG.Com.

Again...each and every one of you guys are GREAT! And, I really appreciate your support for this project and for the Mean Green.

• Upvote 5

What a great day....many thanks to the "Spread the Green" football paster crew. WE met at 9:00AM at the UNT Alumni pavilion...had a look-see at the new pedestrian bridge...had some coffee and juice and a donut/kolache or two, distributed posters and off everyone went...there were nine (9) of us this morning...the crew consisted of:

KRAM1

UNT90

UNT 90 Grad

Long Jim

NMGreen

Emmitt01

Diet Coke Boy

trud1966

Slide Shoe Joe

Everyone of these volunteers deserve a pat on the back for giving up a good part of there Saturday to help be part of the solution for the Mean green. personally, I had a great time! I got to meet Slide Show Joe and trud1966 who i had not had the pleasure of meeting before...and I got to meet NMGreen's Mom who came to ride shotgun for NMGreen on his appointed rounds...and how about UNT90 who drove in from Granbury, UNT 90 Grad who made the trek down from the Allen area and NMGreen who actually came in from las Vegas, Nevada for a visit home and volunteered to give up part of that visit home to help the Mean Green!!!! All you guys are the greatest!

Asa for my day...well, it could not have gone any better...I only had until about 11:30AM to work as I had to get to another commitment, but in the time I had I was welcomed in each and every shop I entered and NO ONE turned me away...and only one did not allow me to personally put up the poster/s before I left...they had to check with the owner, but took the poster...my list included (19 posters at 15 locations):

Sticker Station

Denton Bicycle center

Unique Barber

Burguesa Burger

Rooster's Roadhouse

Fuzzy's Tacos (they were excited to see me as customer's have been asking where the posters were..clients wanted them)

The Love Shack

Ramen Republic

Hickory Street Lounge

Weienberger's Deli (They asked for more Mean Green "swag" to display...very enthusiastic about UNT)

Campus Barber Shop

Hoochie's

Hooter's

Oak Street Draft House

I have a photo of the "Poster Crew" and if I can figure out how to post it, I'll get it up

here on GMG.Com.

Again...each and every one of you guys are GREAT! And, I really appreciate your support for this project and for the Mean Green.

The Love Shack? Yea Baby!!

• Upvote 1

The Love Shack? Yea Baby!!

LOL - if I remember right ole Kram1 assigned the areas where y'all (sorry Stormchaser) were to go...........and thereby was able to keep Hooters for himself. Did you linger?

Way to go Kram - I knew you were a "right" smart feller and this proves it!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

gallery_1_23_30490.jpg

KRAM1

UNT90

UNT 90 Grad

Long Jim

NMGreen

Emmitt01

Diet Coke Boy

trud1966

Slide Shoe Joe

Sticker Station

Denton Bicycle center

Unique Barber

Burguesa Burger

Rooster's Roadhouse

The Love Shack

Ramen Republic

Hickory Street Lounge

Campus Barber Shop

Hoochie's

Hooter's

Oak Street Draft House

I have a photo of the "Poster Crew" and if I can figure out how to post it, I'll get it up here on GMG.Com.

Mark, Side Show had some really good ideas for the next time around. You 2 should talk.

We should do this yearly for football AND basketball. I would be in.

Mark, Side Show had some really good ideas for the next time around. You 2 should talk.

We should do this yearly for football AND basketball. I would be in.

If we do this for basketball I'd love to help out, providing it isn't on a weekend before a major exam or something. I can hit up the Flower Mound/Lewisville area.

• Upvote 1

Welll...didn't linger at Hooter's TOO LONG as I still had some posters to deliver...such as Oak Street Draft House...yep, I took the local "arts"...errr...bar area...Ha!

We might just have to get the crew back together for a basketball poster day..."Spread the Green" Day was great fun...hopefully next time we can have even more volunteers. Thanks again to all....

• Upvote 1