C-USA 2013 Football Home/Away is released

smoothfresh

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Since we will have the benefit of having 6 home games (along with the added bonus of being solid opponents), we should easily set the all time attendance record. We almost did it this year with 5 home games. Is it reasonable to think we can top 23k in average attendance next year? We were basically at 19k this season. A 20% increase is a pretty steep hil to climb.

If they use the same technique for counting attendance that they used on the Middle game when Lance broke Cobbs record, we'll destroy the all time attendance record this coming year

This schedule is tremendous. I see myself going to at least three of the road trips and am really look forward to a weekend in New Orleans. After the 2013 season is completed I wonder how many of our home games will make this top 10 all time attendance list.

Top All-Time Crowds

Attend. Opponent Date

1. 29,437 Baylor Sept. 6, 2003

2. 28,315 Baylor Aug. 31, 2000

3. 28,075 Houston* Sept. 10, 2011

3. 26,012 Navy Nov. 10, 2007

4. 25,231 SMU Sept. 9, 2006

5. 23,743 Rice Sept. 11, 2010

6. 23,647 Army Nov. 21, 2009

7. 23,112 Tulsa Sept. 17, 2005

8. 22,837 TCU Sept. 1, 2001

9. 22,785 Tulsa Sept. 22, 2008

10. 22,750 SMU Oct. 6, 1990

*Apogee Stadium

• Upvote 3

This schedule is tremendous. I see myself going to at least three of the road trips and am really look forward to a weekend in New Orleans. After the 2013 season is completed I wonder how many of our home games will make this top 10 all time attendance list.

Top All-Time Crowds

Attend. Opponent Date

1. 29,437 Baylor Sept. 6, 2003

2. 28,315 Baylor Aug. 31, 2000

3. 28,075 Houston* Sept. 10, 2011

3. 26,012 Navy Nov. 10, 2007

4. 25,231 SMU Sept. 9, 2006

5. 23,743 Rice Sept. 11, 2010

6. 23,647 Army Nov. 21, 2009

7. 23,112 Tulsa Sept. 17, 2005

8. 22,837 TCU Sept. 1, 2001

9. 22,785 Tulsa Sept. 22, 2008

10. 22,750 SMU Oct. 6, 1990

*Apogee Stadium

I'm willing to bet that if we have a winning record at mid-season, and play UTEP, Rice, or UTSA at home late in the year, that game/s will climb into this list.

• Upvote 3

The first season in Conference USA for North Texas will be marked by the renewal of old rivalries and the first ever games against Tulane and UTSA.

North Texas and UTEP will play for the first time since 1980, while the Mean Green and Southern Miss meet for the first time since playing in the 2004 Wyndham New Orleans Bowl. North Texas and Southern Miss have not played a regular season game since 1981.

North Texas and Rice will battle for only the fourth time in series history while the Mean Green and Louisiana Tech meet for the first time since 2006.

Read more: http://www.meangreensports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=1800&ATCLID=206079075

I was that La. Tech game in 2006 and it was in the final year of Dickey... it was an odd year as we beat a down SMU at home but also suffered a terrible mauling by MUTS at home -- that Tech loss could have been the final nail in the coffin as we came up just short at 31-34... 2006 was also the year of the 7 overtime win against FIU at Fouts...

I will say this, the La. Tech game is a nice easy trip and you can work Shreveport into the equation which is nice.. looking forward to it!

Would have liked to have seen Tulsa at home before they run off and leave us, but otherwise a nice schedule. Looks like all of our toughest games will be on the road, with the exception of maybe Rice. Mac will get a chance to pad our home record with this schedule, but it might be year 4 before we see a big difference in our end of year record under him? I'll go on record with an early, early prediction of a 6-6 finish next season.

• Upvote 1

Would have liked to have seen Tulsa at home before they run off and leave us, but otherwise a nice schedule. Looks like all of our toughest games will be on the road, with the exception of maybe Rice. Mac will get a chance to pad our home record with this schedule, but it might be year 4 before we see a big difference in our end of year record under him? I'll go on record with an early, early prediction of a 6-6 finish next season.

come on man... it's January... at this point in the year, all predictions should be for a 12-0 season

• Upvote 1

This leaves the possibility for UTSA, UTEP, and Rice all to be on the road next year though, doesn't it? I'm not really sure how the rotation is going to work out.

All of these are good road trips (maybe not so much UTEP). But I don't think I'll be able to make a Rice and UTSA trip both in one year. Not that I'm trying to be the proverbial Mean Green Rain on the Parade poster. I'm just saying.

• Upvote 1

My football pants are fitting quite snugly right now with thoughts of a Fri-Sun trip to N.O. and a weekend in Shreveport (with a trip to Rustin thrown in). Add in an attractive home slate and a potential flight into Atlanta (never stopped in and seen the actual city before) and I'm pumped.

• Upvote 1

HOME- Idaho, Ball State, MUTS, Rice, UTEP, UTSA

AWAY- Ohio, Georgia, La Tech, So. Miss, Tulane, Tulsa

Very tough road schedule. At least we're back to 6 home games.

OMG, the AD screwed up again - only six home games this season!

Sarcasm for those of you who might not grasp................

• Upvote 1

I count 5 possible wins. At home against UTSA and UTEP (only because we have them at home), on the road S.Miss., Tulane, and La Tech.

Just because they are winnable, that doesn't mean we win them.

We had 7 or 8 winnable games on the schedule last year.

OMG, the AD screwed up again - only six home games this season!

Sarcasm for those of you who might not grasp................

Perhaps you should compare SMU's home OOC schedule to ours.

Just sayin..,

The bare minimum should be at six home games and go from there, dontcha think?

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

I'm sure it's too little, too late, but I'd like to think that North Texas would bring so many fans to Tulsa this year that the Hurricane would re-think what everybody is assuming will be their move to the bEast. We drove there last time (about 4 hours I think) and stayed in a really great downtown hotel. Tulsa is a great city. It's too bad that the locals only seem to see Zero U.

GO MEAN GREEN

• Upvote 2

I count 5 possible wins. At home against UTSA and UTEP (only because we have them at home), on the road S.Miss., Tulane, and La Tech.

Just because they are winnable, that doesn't mean we win them.

We had 7 or 8 winnable games on the schedule last year.

Right there with you.

I was gonna say Ball State as well, but then checked out their season last year... Let's just hope they lost a bunch of seniors like LA Tech did.

A huge variable: Is Brock Berglund what we all hope he is? If so, our team could be sneaky-dangerous and win more than we're projected.

Edited by MeanGreenTexan
  • Upvote 1

Perhaps you should compare SMU's home OOC schedule to ours.

Just sayin..,

I just knew when i posted that yours would be the first "negative' response - just sayin'.

I know this is going to blow your mind - and those with similar leanings - but for a multitude of reasons, we are not comparable to SMU.........good, bad, or indifferent, they have a football history that we can only dream about........and it pains me to say so, but in spite of the death penalty - and poor attendance - and some mediocre seasons beginning four years or so and going back - their status as a football school is greater than ours.

That, my friend, has a lot to do with their ability to pull relatively quality opponents to Ford Stadium; not their AD.

I hope we get there someday, but we ARE NOT there right now.

• Upvote 2