Breaking news — Asst. Bart Lundy leaving staff

Harry

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

“The biggest reason I turned the job down was because I came here to help get this program going,” Lundy said. “We didn’t have the season we wanted last year. I didn’t want it to look like I was jumping ship.”

From when he was interested in the Clayton State job

• Upvote 3

Bart Lundy, an original member of Tony Benfords staff at North Texas, is leaving the school to take over as the head coach at The Queens, a Division II school in North Carolina.

Read more: http://meangreenblog.dentonrc.com/2013/07/breaking-news-unt-assistant-leaving-staff.html/

"Lundy has four children ages 8 to 16 who live just over an hour away from The Queens"

It sounds like he is departing for four really good reasons.

Congrats on the opportunity Coach Lundy. We appeciate your time here and wish you nothing but the best in your new endeavor.

• Upvote 7

I don't know what Bubba is up to , but that would be a home run hire

They are BEST friends...Bubba got laid off from Tech when they cleaned house - I am not aware that he is doing anything coaching wise right now.

Too bad for UNT, really good news for Coach Lundy. Anyone who has been anywhere near the UNT men's program this last year knows how much Coach Lundy missed his family and missed being around his kids. I was lucky enough to meet a couple of his sons recently at a Twilight Tunes event on the Denton Square and you could tell that Coach Lundy was very proud of them and very happy to have them with him for a change. The separation from family has been difficult for Coach Lundy to say the least, and I for one, definitely get that. This is a good move for Coach Lundy and he will be successful as a HC once again, and he will be a ton closer to his family. While it "sucks" for UNT it is definitely the right thing for Coach Lundy and his family.

Anyone reading anything else into this is simply not correct. had his family been in Denton, Coach Lundy would still be part of the Mean Green.

Really enjoyed meeting and talking with Coach Lundy. He was very positive about the team's prospects and very candid about last year's situation. Excellent X's and O's guy and a good recruiter and floor coach as well. he'll be missed, but it also opens up the opportunity to bring a new assistant into the Mean Green family.

Good luck as HC next season, Coach. You will be missed here, but your family needs you as well.

• Upvote 3

There are no words to express how much Coach Lundy did for this team over the last 12+ months. He has been a great mentor to many of the young men involved in this program. He has been a great dad from a distance but it seems the distance has worn on him which was evident most of the year. Best of luck to Coach Lundy, he will be sorely missed by us all!

• Upvote 3

For 175K a year I'd take the job and you could tell me I was garbage all day long. I'd be laughing all the way to the bank.

**Note that is not me applying for the job.

Wait. You mean to tell me you'd gladly take the salary like a professional, ignore the rants on message boards, and be amused by members of the fanbase who get all butt hurt on your behalf?

Yeah, me too.

• Upvote 1