Arkansas State (2/28/13)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Uh, I never said any amount of money. That would be foolish. But yes, the bet is still on,0 We will decide which charity and what amount in Hot Springs.. Arkansas St. is a lower third team in CUSA.

And Mitchell wont be on the floor/.

But, you didn't specify an amount and I think you indicated you were willing to bet anything or something like that. :thumbsu: And, we are looking to do some re-work on our master bath...bids are coming in around $15,000. What do you think? Too little, too much? :judge:

• Upvote 1

But, you didn't specify an amount and I think you indicated you were willing to bet anything or something like that. :thumbsu: And, we are looking to do some re-work on our master bath...bids are coming in around $15,000. What do you think? Too little, too much? :judge:

Uh, not gonna happen. Maybe you can get that renovation to come in about $14,960 less than that 1st bid.

And being over-positive man doesn't make you a charity case. Or does it? ;-)

• Upvote 2

Uh, not gonna happen. Maybe you can get that renovation to come in about $14,960 less than that 1st bid.

And being over-positive man doesn't make you a charity case. Or does it? ;-)

My wife thinks I'm a basket case at times because of all the volunteer stuff I do. Does that count?

• Upvote 1

What are we doing differently or better that we were not doing against UAH

Buying in, listening, learning, getting some players back and healthy, understanding why things are taught the way they are, being accountable as a team, paying attention in practice and in the team meetings, believing in what they are doing to name a few.

You know, I realize that the loss to UAH was more than a little bad, but this stuff happens in college sports every season to some pretty respectable teams. This team was just going through the motions of learning when that game rolled around. UNT would win by 25-30 if that game were played this Saturday. Night and day difference between that UNT team that played UAH and the one that made a route of the Arky State game last night. I am excited about the improvement I see between those two teams, and that loss is over and in the past. Whole different ball club now on the floor for UNT. Very proud of the UNT team that whipped up on Arky State last night. Really glad I was there to see it! Bring on Hot Springs!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Buying in, listening, learning, getting some players back and healthy, understanding why things are taught the way they are, being accountable as a team, paying attention in practice and in the team meetings, believing in what they are doing to name a few.

You know, I realize that the loss to UAH was more than a little bad, but this stuff happens in college sports every season to some pretty respectable teams. This team was just going through the motions of learning when that game rolled around. UNT would win by 25-30 if that game were played this Saturday. Night and day difference between that UNT team that played UAH and the one that made a route of the Arky State game last night. I am excited about the improvement I see between those two teams, and that loss is over and in the past. Whole different ball club now on the floor for UNT. Very proud of the UNT team that whipped up on Arky State last night. Really glad I was there to see it! Bring on Hot Springs!

I was hoping for an x-and-os answer. I did not intend for this to sound anti-Benford, nor anti-players.

Lolz

Funny what 1 win in a row will do huh? It's like USA was 3 months ago and not 3 days ago.

Last night is what we are used to seeing out of this program. But we have been inconsistent all year. Think this is only the 3rd win of the season against a team with a winning record. Have to start somewhere though, I suppose. Play like last night and cut the turnovers for more than 2 games and we've got something.

This is one game, folks. One game against a team that had nothing to play for.

Don't be fooled by one game. There is a vast body of work out there for this team.

And it's 12-19

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

"Buying in, listening, learning, getting some players back and healthy, understanding why things are taught the way they are, being accountable as a team, paying attention in practice and in the team meetings, believing in what they are doing to name a few."

This would look better as a list.

Quick Belt note:

MTSU now listed as a 12 in the bracketology. I think that probably dooms their chances to get in if they lose the SBC tourney. When they were hitting the 10 or 11 line, that puts an at-large at play provided they lose in Hot Springs. Now I don't think it is.

• Upvote 1

"Buying in, listening, learning, getting some players back and healthy, understanding why things are taught the way they are, being accountable as a team, paying attention in practice and in the team meetings, believing in what they are doing to name a few."

This would look better as a list.

Or one of those cheesy motivational pictures that can be found at most workplaces.

• Upvote 1

This win felt great, but it does conjure up questions about those ULM games, especially the latter one. How could we have lost--twice--by double digits to a team with an RPI of 296? My theory, based upon the complete meltdown while up by 15, is that this team has really suffered from a psychological/ego problem all year long. It doesn't seem likely that for 2/3s of the game we outplayed them, and then suddenly, well into the second half, their coach drew up a masterful game plan that just obliterated us. I'm starting to think that our team could really benefit from a visit from a sports psychologist. Actually, if memory serves me correctly, they did meet with someone before the year, so who knows? Regardless, I have to think that last night may go a long way in rebuilding some lost confidence.

• Upvote 1

Had a great time last nite...team looked pretty darn good and played hard and fast...if they play like this in Hot Springs watch out anything can happen...great game, great food(Prairie House), great drink crown and coke, and free T-shirts...Go Mean Green!!! see u in Hot Springs...

Wow. Benford really has the team hitting on all cylinders. I guess him standing up to the players earlier in the season, holding them accountable and sitting them at certain points is finally getting through to these young men. It is as if the players are finally starting to accept their roles and responsibilities, along with some improvement by Benford as well

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Not buying some of this thread. The kids know basketball, the hard work, and they know their roles. And I know they wanted this bad.

If you're going to say that they were not buying into this until recently, then you have to acknowledge someone or something came in this year and spoiled them.

Here's hoping for a good run in the tourney. gmg.

gallery_1_77_89633.jpg

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 3

Well the team captain is finally back from injury and can hopefully start in hot spellings and lead them to victory! Things are finally clicking and CJ is ready finally. He learned a lot behind Benford when he was out.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Not buying some of this thread. The kids know basketball, the hard work, and they know their roles. And I know they wanted this bad.

If you're going to say that they were not buying into this until recently, then you have to acknowledge someone or something came in this year and spoiled them.

Here's hoping for a good run in the tourney. gmg.

gallery_1_77_89633.jpg

But but but, some people on here say that Mitchell doesn't care. How can that be when you look at pictures like that one?
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1