Arkansas State (2/28/13)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I got out of the habit of making Bet threads once it was obvious we were on a fast track to the cellar -- but MTSU is really worth noting. Right now I am seeing them listed as an 11 seed in Bracketology, which would be the highest a Belt rep has gotten since USA got a 10 back in 2008.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

If/when we lose tonight would that put us playing on Friday in Hot Springs?

We already play on Friday...this game does not matter IN THAT REGARD. What matters is what TROY does...Troy has to win one of its last two games to effect our seeding. I think it is doubtful that Troy wins one of its last two as they are both on the road and, as I recall, against decent teams.

But, UNT plays a Friday game...be there!

Oops..typed too fast. Middle Tennessee will NOT win the tournament...look at history.

Let's just hope history repeats itself and UNT can make the finals as well as Middle not doing so. But, I do think Middle gets an NCAA bid even if they don't win the tournament. They really do seem to be pretty darn solid. But, getting an at-large bid from the SunBelt is pretty tough...I grant that!

Let's just hope history repeats itself and UNT can make the finals as well as Middle not doing so. But, I do think Middle gets an NCAA bid even if they don't win the tournament. They really do seem to be pretty darn solid. But, getting an at-large bid from the SunBelt is pretty tough...I grant that!

I would disagree. MTSU has gotta win the Belt to get into the tournament.

We are a one bid league.

Cue Tasty to talk about lcombined RPI's of league teams and whatnot.

If MTSU gets an at-large bid, the Belt should be ecstatic. It is very very rare.

What would be the most improbable outcome?

A UNT auto bid + MTSU at-large.

That would make my day, regardless of how bad we might get squashed in the first round.

I think because of the Benford/Brady controversy in Jonesboro that Brady, being the ass he is, is going to come bring the wood tonight and try to humiliate Benford and our team. That said, even if you as a fan gave up attending games, I hope you will at least come out and show appreciation for our seniors. It may also be the last time we see Tony Mitchell playing at the Super Pit. Regardless of what happened this season, the men's basketball team has been the shining beacon of light the past few years as for as the big 3 sports.

Edited by Green Dozer
  • Upvote 8
  • Downvote 2