Arkansas State (2/28/13)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Right before the second half started, the older ref told us "there is a 50 percent chance that jerk doesn't make it through the game". Take it from someone who has first hand real life experience. They were looking for a reason to t him up or throw him out.

Right before the second half started, the older ref told us "there is a 50 percent chance that jerk doesn't make it through the game". Take it from someone who has first hand real life experience. They were looking for a reason to t him up or throw him out.

The older one told him to SHUT UP not too long after he got the Technical. Had he kept going he might have very well gotten tossed.

Edited by UNTFan23

who is this "we" you speak of?

This "we" is "us", at least for one more basketball game.

Then "we" will be in a multi-bid league (maybe).

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but maybe we need to consider that Ark St. had the 2 seed wrapped up before tonight's game. Still a nice win, but did we see a full effort from A St.?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

This "we" is "us", at least for one more basketball game.

Then "we" will be in a multi-bid league (maybe).

Not to be Debbie Downer here, but maybe we need to consider that Ark St. had the 2 seed wrapped up before tonight's game. Still a nice win, but did we see a full effort from A St.?

I actually made that suggestion in another thread last week when I saw ASU clinched.

I actually made that suggestion in another thread last week when I saw ASU clinched.

Well, at the very least it gives the guys a good confidence boost headng into Hot Springs. I was out of pocket for this game. Did A St. regulars play regular minutes, or did we see a lot of the second team?

• Downvote 1

Well, at the very least it gives the guys a good confidence boost headng into Hot Springs. I was out of pocket for this game. Did A St. regulars play regular minutes, or did we see a lot of the second team?

Looked like Regular minutes. They still have 1 game to go. Really don't have a chance when you shoot 25% from the field for entire game. I think they were 1/23 from 3 point land

After really delving way into the tiebreaking procedures, I'm pretty sure that FAU will ultimately hold the advantage over ULL even if they lose to FIU and ULL beats ULM on Saturday. Thus, we will be playing ULL no matter what.

• Upvote 1

****everyone take your heart meds****

I don't care what the reason was for the big win, I'm excited. Our last few wins came against some bad teams in the Belt but this one was against a team that had a little something. It sends our team into the tournament on a high note and you gotta like that. Four games in four days is a steep climb but in a sudden death kind of scenario you just gotta solve the puzzle of each team once.

• Upvote 2

After really delving way into the tiebreaking procedures, I'm pretty sure that FAU will ultimately hold the advantage over ULL even if they lose to FIU and ULL beats ULM on Saturday. Thus, we will be playing ULL no matter what.

Ouch

Well they beat us twice last year & we paid them back in Hot Springs. Time for déjà vu !!

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

To address the doubting comments:

>Brady's teams always compete. Kids who play for him are tough mentally & physically. They can't take nights off.

>They didn't shoot the ball well from the three, but we didn't give them many open ones.

>This was the most complete game we've played all season.

We just beat the 1st place team in the west after almost beating them at their place. Great win. If we were to play this well against Middle we'd give them fits.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

This wasn't one of the ten games I bought tickets to, as I usually have Thursday night conflicts. Was thinking of buying a ticket for the seniors when greenjoe offered his to me. I agree with KRAM1 on the great meal (and capacity crowd) in MG hospitality room. If I recall correctly, ASU scored first and then we scored ten straight and never looked back. Frankly, I thought this was best conference game the guys played all year. Sure the 75% shooting a few games back was amazing, but that game was all about shooting. Tonight was about hustle, passing, assists, rebounds, defense, and shooting from inside and out - against a team that came in with four straight and 5 of 6 in February. Sitting behind the ASU bench, my take is they were really frustrated with the UNT effort. You have to feel better about this otherwise disappointing season after the last three weeks, and especially after tonight. GREAT WIN! And, a decent halftime to boot.

Edited by rws69
  • Upvote 1

Current Standings:

East

MTSU 18-1 26-4

USA 13-6 16-11

FIU 11-8 16-12

WKU 10-9 16-14

FAU 8-11 13-17

Troy 6-13 11-19

West

ASU 12-7 18-10

UALR 10-9 16-14

ULL 7-12 11-19

North Texas 7-13 12-19

ULM 3-16 4-21

And if we had just taken care of business against Monroe, the conference record is 9-11, and seeded seventh.

I'm thinking that bet with UNT90 for next year is looking pretty much like a sure thing for me. Ten wins next year? Pretty much a done deal!

OK, I am still basking in the glow of this nice win tonight. But, I am taking that 10 win bet as of now it looks like a sure thing. Said he'd bet any amount of money...what does everyone think...$10,000 maybe with an extra $1000 for every win over 10. Too little? Too much? Need some help here folks....how much?

But, I am feeling generous after the win tonight, so if UNT90 wants to rethink his bet offer, I'll let him off with buying me a cold one at Lucky's in Hot Springs at the Tourney. What say, yee UNT90?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm thinking that bet with UNT90 for next year is looking pretty much like a sure thing for me. Ten wins next year? Pretty much a done deal!

OK, I am still basking in the glow of this nice win tonight. But, I am taking that 10 win bet as of now it looks like a sure thing. Said he'd bet any amount of money...what does everyone think...$10,000 maybe with an extra $1000 for every win over 10. Too little? Too much? Need some help here folks....how much?

But, I am feeling generous after the win tonight, so if UNT90 wants to rethink his bet offer, I'll let him off with buying me a cold one at Lucky's in Hot Springs at the Tourney. What say, yee UNT90?

I would have gone 15! Where can I sign up for this!? I am dead serious. Heck I already have my summer Vegas trip planned (missed out on spring break this year). Serisouly with CJ back as our Captain next year and our guard play we will do it for sure.

• Upvote 1

And if we had just taken care of business against Monroe, the conference record is 9-11, and seeded seventh.

The first loss was bad enough....but in a season full of bad losses that 2nd one might be the worst of the year. I still can't believe we let them outscore us by 27 after we were up fifteen in the 2nd half.

This game is the way I envisioned most of the season going this year.

Good win, I doubt if ASU was emotionally up for the game; however, NT would have been hard to beat by anybody tonight. I thought everyone on the team with the possible exception of Hardwick, had a very good game.

Great, to see many of the 1988 team at the game.

The tournament draw couldn't be any worse, but anything can happen in Hot Springs.

• Upvote 2

If you're talking about the guy who looks like the judge from "My Cousin Vinny", his name is Rick Hartzell. He works a handful of our games every year... More this year than usual, it seems like. I don't think we saw Gary Maxwell all year (speaking of 'real life experience' with getting threatened with ejection). And, not sure if you knew... Curtis Shaw is now director of officiating (or some title like that) for the Big 12 conference. So I think we're both safe, for the time being.

" I thought everyone on the team with the possible exception of Hardwick, had a very good game."

If that's the case then it makes me feel good for Hot Springs because I expect PJ to be one of the more "steady" guys.

Ouch

Well they beat us twice last year & we paid them back in Hot Springs. Time for déjà vu !!

I do think it's tough to beat the same team 3 times in a season unless one is completely superior (like say...MTSU) than the other. I sorta like our chances vs ULL.

• Upvote 1

Uh, I never said any amount of money. That would be foolish. But yes, the bet is still on,0 We will decide which charity and what amount in Hot Springs.. Arkansas St. is a lower third team in CUSA.

And Mitchell wont be on the floor/.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

Having CJ back really changed the team. Even though he is rusty, he can get to the basket almost at will. Alzee was a monster getting to the basket and getting fouled because of it all night. Niko is really playing well, and the combination of him getting big minutes, Jordan becoming a consistent outside threat and CJ returning make this a much better team. The reason why is Niko picks up rebounds while Tony tries to block every shot. And CJ just opens up the offense.

And anybody who says this team would be better off without Mitchell next year is crazy.

• Upvote 6