Arkansas State (1/7/12)

CMJ

ASU 75

NT 72

Final

Arkansas State makes an incredible last second shot to win.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Too much talent on this team to lose to ASU. It is a wonder any big man would come to the Belt, the way most of the games are called. No way to guard anyone without fouling.

How about the 5 goal tends that were called tonight? I would say it is odd to see more than 2 called in a game.

How about the 5 goal tends that were called tonight? I would say it is odd to see more than 2 called in a game.

Did you watch the game? Should have been one more called that wasn't. Mr. Mitchell needs to hone his craft a little.

Good game though - you guys are athletic as hell!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Did you watch the game? Should have been one more called that wasn't. Mr. Mitchell needs to hone his craft a little.

Good game though - you guys are athletic as hell!

No doubt Mitchell needs as you said to hone his craft, you better hope he is in the NBA when he does. The refs were awful and I did watch the game. Lots of touch fouls called that good basketball conference officials seldom call and I am not sure that tonight's officials know what a goal tend is. Also it is not how many fouls are called, it is when and what they are called for that can quickly slant a game. I thought the refs were very inconsistent and took over the game which is not the same as favoring one team over another.

Losing this game still hurts, must hurt way more for the players. It reminds me of another game where we lost on a last second shot (one that DEFINITELY shouldn't have counted). I can only hope this loss brings the team together like that one did that year and we end up with similar results (minus a hand through a glass door).

So was the last played called "Everyone stand around and hope Jones can get to the basket and win it for us?" Looked like they could have kicked it out to the corner on the drive and at least not given up a last shot by ASU.

Still a very young team and not very good yet.

There was nothing wrong with that play, ask Seuss. Seriously, though, I want the ball in CJs hand everytime in that situation.

I think Dominique Green, TT and Josh were doing these for years against every one else. If that means we have to take one on the wrong end once or twice every 4 years with such a young squad, then I'll suck it up.

I choose to hope these guys will learn and toughen up from it.

• Upvote 1

I've replayed that at least 100 times. The ball was still in his hands at the 0.0 mark. He's dribbling at the 0.4 mark. You can't tell me he can pick up his dribble and launch a shot over his head in .4 seconds.

• Upvote 2

I think Dominique Green, TT and Josh were doing these for years against every one else. If that means we have to take one on the wrong end once or twice every 4 years with such a young squad, then I'll suck it up.

I choose to hope these guys will learn and toughen up from it.

Dominique Johnson, DoJo. But I know who you were talking about.

• Upvote 1

I've replayed that at least 100 times. The ball was still in his hands at the 0.0 mark. He's dribbling at the 0.4 mark. You can't tell me he can pick up his dribble and launch a shot over his head in .4 seconds.

It's blurry video, but lots of body contact against Jones on the "block" of the floater. I'm sure they called that earlier in the game... at least against us.

• Upvote 1

Yeah. Not a chance he got that off. Good thing the refs took a good hard look at it. Those effers should be fired.

• Upvote 1

0.4 seconds is a lifetime in a shooting motion. Plenty of time to get it from the floor and out of your hand on a shot. I have ran that through about 20 times. I actually stopped it at 0.1 seconds, at which time the A St. player was mid way through his shooting motion. Unfortunately, the video was so blurry, you could not see whether the ball had left his hand or not. If this is the quality of video the refs were working with, there is no way they could have overturned the call.

Bad defensive error for one of the other guards or forwards to not pick up that player before the run out. Sloppy play from a young team. We are going to be seeing a lot more of that before the end of the season.

Interesting that A St. now has 2 controversial victories in conference play. Time for some serious make up calls.