Arkansas State (1/7/12)

CMJ

ASU 75

NT 72

Final

Arkansas State makes an incredible last second shot to win.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Can we keep the momentum going? ASU just lost a heartbreaker. You have to think we'll get their best effort.

ASU was 17-15, 11-5 last year. John Brady was a two time SEC Coach of the year at LSU. Were he guided the Tigers to the 2006 Final Four and he has the Red Wolves on an upswing for this season. They were undefeated at home and shared the West Division title last year.

Not sure we can beat them on their home court but we have a great chance during the tournament on a neutral court.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

ASU was 17-15, 11-5 last year. John Brady was a two time SEC Coach of the year at LSU. Were he guided the Tigers to the 2006 Final Four and he has the Red Wolves on an upswing for this season. They were undefeated at home and shared the West Division title last year.

Not sure we can beat them on their home court but we have a great chance during the tournament on a neutral court.

NT can and should beat everyone in the Belt on their home court maybe with the exception of the MUTS; but they play here this year. Then again if NT has guard play like tonight, it will be difficult for them to beat anyone even at Denton.

• Upvote 2

NT can and should beat everyone in the Belt on their home court maybe with the exception of the MUTS; but they play here this year. Then again if NT has guard play like tonight, it will be difficult for them to beat anyone even at Denton.

Last week our guards accounted for about 50 pts. Mitchell only had 6. It seems like the team is starting to take what the defense gives them. Don't expect Loyola Marymount three pt numbers from this team. They will win games in transition, on the boards, and at the line.

• Upvote 1

Last week our guards accounted for about 50 pts. Mitchell only had 6. It seems like the team is starting to take what the defense gives them. Don't expect Loyola Marymount three pt numbers from this team. They will win games in transition, on the boards, and at the line.

Need to go back and look at the guards' shooting percentage from last night. Not exactly "taking what they gave them."

• Upvote 1

Need to go back and look at the guards' shooting percentage from last night. Not exactly "taking what they gave them."

90, my point is that in a game when the guards weren't hitting they fed the ball to Mitchell. I have been encouraged that lately when the team is not hitting the 3, they have not continued to force them up. Early in the season, we would have continued shooting long range bombs with no results (witness Texas Tech).

• Upvote 1

90, my point is that in a game when the guards weren't hitting they fed the ball to Mitchell. I have been encouraged that lately when the team is not hitting the 3, they have not continued to force them up. Early in the season, we would have continued shooting long range bombs with no results (witness Texas Tech).

Yes -- the coaches and players figuring out how to get the ball to Tony consistently is the biggest missing piece of the puzzle. He stays engaged, doesn't take silly fouls and doesn't come back to the bench with that sad, hangdog expression that makes me want to pat his future millionaire head. If we figure this out, the outside shooting will be the next thing to improve.

• Upvote 3

I am not worried about our 3 pt Shooting, I am worried about our 3 pt Defense, we have made many teams look Larry Birdesque this season.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

NT 37

ASU 30

Halftime

After our start, and with Jones and Mitchell on the bench, our bench went on a huge run to end the half...and I couldn't be any more excited.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1