Surprises for first CUSA Home Game?

Cerebus

So our official colors are this particular green, white and black?

I don't think anyone has a problem with using black as an accent color as long as the predominate color is green. My fave uni's:

finalistsslideshow-thomas.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Specifically: The Buick (Coach Dickey) was fired before the year was out... but was insanely allowed to finish the season. Before the last home game, without telling the AD or getting an OK from the conference those all black uni's were paid for out of the coaches pocket and rolled out for the last game.

People were not amused.

"All black uniforms" are a sour spot around here. I'm not sure what you were doing in 2006, but around here everyone was losing their damn minds over these uniforms.

PS: I ALWAYS have something to add. This can be confirmed by my wife.

Thats fugly.

For full reference (love this story... in a masochistic way):

http://workbench.cadenhead.org/news/3069/fired-north-texas-coach-black-mood

• Upvote 1

Read this link, SSP. Stick around long enough, and you will have a similar experience.

Yah... I read it. Ridiculous. I think some of you might misundertand me. I may have been a part of and followed a team that won a state championship last year, but I grew up in Aubrey, Texas (land of football disappointments). Hell, we even scared off the most winning HS football coach in the state. I'm from the land of never was... I know what it's like to go to a game every week and even cheer on the sidelines year after year and walk out disappointed. Yes, I know- high school, schmi-school, but I grasp the logic.

And I grew up thinking UNT FOOTball was a joke, even when I have several friends and my cousin on the team in 2002-2005. This team just really has (good) air about it. Things are changing. I'm not saying that just because of obvious reasons. They still have a lot to work out, but this isn't the same team that you're used to. The proof will eventually be in the pudding....

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 1

Yah... I read it. Ridiculous. I think some of you might misundertand me. I may have been a part of and followed a team that won a state championship last year, but I grew up in Aubrey, Texas (land of football disappointments). Hell, we even scared off the most winning HS football coach in the state. I'm from the land of never was... I know what it's like to go to a game every week and even cheer on the sidelines year after year and walk out disappointed. Yes, I know- high school, schmi-school, but I grasp the logic.

And I grew up thinking UNT FOOTball was a joke, even when I have several friends and my cousin on the team in 2002-2005. This team just really has (good) air about it. Things are changing. I'm not saying that just because of obvious reasons. They still have a lot to work out, but this isn't the same team that you're used to. The proof will eventually be in the pudding....

Really, really, really, really hope you are right.

• Upvote 1

Macs been pushing hard for solid black jerseys as have a lot of the players.

Our school colors are green and white. Why is it so difficult to remember that? I suppose this will just be one more example of a UNT school tradition slipping through our fingers. I may just have to become a UT fan. At least they value tradition over trendiness.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Nothing wrong with an alternate jersey now and then. The students and players will like it and be hyped, even if a bunch of 50-60+ years olds won't!

We don't have the uniform stability of UT or A&M, so have some fun. It works for TCU and the Ducks, etc. The players get excited and we need every boost we can get.

I think black would look cool on Halloween. Don't worry children, the Dickey monster can't get you any more.

I always feel more dangerous when I'm wearing black.

Maybe we should really go for it and do denim unis. Denim goes with everything. Especially green and white.

Edited by SSP

Again..... TCU...

Nothing says MEAN like black... OR red.... but we don't want to look like a damn Christmas tree, now do we?

TCU are the Horned Frogs... not the Purples. We are not the Mean. We are the Green that is Mean. The Mean Green. Green.

• Upvote 1

9438814993_769d0ca0d2_o.jpg

Ahem.... I give YOU.. the "RED" Raiders....

RackMultipart.16934.0_display_image.jpg?

And our upcoming opponent.. the "BLUE" Raiders.....

See? They like it.

In all seriousness... these petty types of things are helpful in recruiting also. Save the "WE NEED TO WIN, that's what we need to concentrate on" comments. If this makes the players feel sharp.. what's the big deal???? We are all about scrapping the "tradition" of losing, but we hold so dearly onto the "tradition" of ONLY having green and white on our uniforms....? If it helps.... what gives? This is dumb.

Edited by SSP
  • Upvote 1

Our school colors are green and white. Why is it so difficult to remember that? I suppose this will just be one more example of a UNT school tradition slipping through our fingers. I may just have to become a UT fan. At least they value tradition over trendiness.

Guys, eat a Snickers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Nothing wrong with an alternate jersey now and then. The students and players will like it and be hyped, even if a bunch of 50-60+ years olds won't!

We don't have the uniform stability of UT or A&M, so have some fun. It works for TCU and the Ducks, etc. The players get excited and we need every boost we can get.

I think black would look cool on Halloween. Don't worry children, the Dickey monster can't get you any more.

I couldn't agree more. I used to be off the uniform changes. The black never made any sense to me when Dodge and crew would do the march in Black warm up jersey's, but now, I say bring on the black. Whatever these kids want uniform wise, do it. I am pretty much for tradition, but throwing out some new uniforms and tricking it up a little from time to time is fine with me.

• Upvote 1

I always feel more dangerous when I'm wearing black.

Maybe we should really go for it and do denim unis. Denim goes with everything. Especially green and white.

I don't care if they play in potato sacks as long as they beat MTSU.

When did we ALL become girls on here?

Oh! Denim and burlap. That sounds so FANTASTIC!!

1238409179_dance.gif

• Upvote 1