St. Gregory (11/11/11) Game Thread

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Not sure what "bit" you guys are referring to... but its clear to see that he knows all the plays forward and reverse out there. Where so many of his teammates get by on natural athleticism and ability, Tyler is on the floor making things happen with pure grit and stick-to-itness. Inspiring if you ask me.

One word to describe Tyler: Cerebral.

His basketball IQ is just off the charts.

Am I the only one who saw the reverse lay up ATTEMPT in the exhibition game. He should have shot a regular lay up, athletic move, it would have been nice had he finished, but he didn't! Chill out with the IQ talk,,, keep it real! No doubt that the kid can play, but he won't be playing much during this stretch on the road.

• Upvote 2

Am I the only one who saw the reverse lay up ATTEMPT in the exhibition game. He should have shot a regular lay up, athletic move, it would have been nice had he finished, but he didn't! Chill out with the IQ talk,,, keep it real! No doubt that the kid can play, but he won't be playing much during this stretch on the road.

So are you saying Tyler Hall gets by on his superior athletic ability rather than his work ethic and intelligence? Because that's confusing.

• Upvote 2

:no:

You MUST be confused. Tyler Hall is the most fundamentally sound, meat and potatoes-type player on our roster. The only guy who even comes close is Niko.

I saw the two of them warming up... A glorious display of chest passes, set shots, and underhanded free throws. Basketball the way it ought to be played, people.

I just wish Tyler Hall hadn't been outvoted on the team wearing John Stockton shorts.

So are you saying Tyler Hall gets by on his superior athletic ability rather than his work ethic and intelligence? Because that's confusing.

Not saying that at all, though he is a good athlete. I'm just wondering what anyone has seen from him to come to the conclusion that he is so intelligent on the court? Not saying he isn't,,, I just haven't seen it.

• Upvote 1

More than the missed reverse lay up, I enjoyed his 3 pt shot he put up with out getting his feet set. Then I enjoyed him putting his arms up in preparation for the celebration... The brick rebounded into the other teams' hands for an easy turnover.

What a waste of a scholarship.

• Downvote 3

More than the missed reverse lay up, I enjoyed his 3 pt shot he put up with out getting his feet set. Then I enjoyed him putting his arms up in preparation for the celebration... The brick rebounded into the other teams' hands for an easy turnover.

What a waste of a scholarship.

If I may continue laying it on Hall.

Imagine a music major playing at the level of Hall. How long would he keep his/her spot in a top ensemble- a few days. We've let Hall hold down a roster spot for way longer than he deserves. Is this kid really taking one of our scholarships? I don't know for sure. I sure hope not though.

• Downvote 5

Imagine a music major playing at the level of Hall. How long would he keep his/her spot in a top ensemble- a few days. We've let Hall hold down a roster spot for way longer than he deserves. Is this kid really taking one of our scholarships? I don't know for sure. I sure hope not though.

He is a walk on.

• Upvote 1

No.

• Upvote 1