Louisiana Monroe (2/16/12)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I would gladly give up our two wins against ULM if they would go to Division 3 where they belong. The thing I hate most about the Sun Belt is that it includes ULM, they never win in any sport.

Except when they catch the Crimson Tide by surprise ...

• Upvote 5

I just want to win out and get into the tourney healthy! Zo and Ked are just too beat up, though Zo had a really nice night. Franklin is quickly falling off the radar and performing how he use to when he was just a at best decent contributor in highschool or at OSU. He was just always lucky to be on a good team. I still like the lineup up of Alzee, Hall, Mitchel, Niko/Ked/Zo/Holmen interchangeable.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 8

I just want to win out and get into the tourney healthy! Zo and Ked are just too beat up, though Zo had a really nice night. Franklin is quickly falling off the radar and performing how he use to when he was just a at best decent contributor in highschool or at OSU. He was just always lucky to be on a good team. I still like the lineup up of Alzee, Hall, Mitchel, Niko/Ked/Zo/Holmen interchangeable.

I don't have Franklin's HS stats in front of me, but when was he just a decent contributor at Duncanville? When he was Freshman of the Year for the entire State of Texas?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't have Franklin's HS stats in front of me, but when was he just a decent contributor at Duncanville? When he was Freshman of the Year for the entire State of Texas?

My point was he has always been lucky to be on a good team. He is not a go to guy. next year with Jones, Williams, Alzee (Hopefully Mitchel) he will be much better. He is a good player but not a star player. I love his intensity though. Every player on our team needs his mindset!

• Upvote 1

Franklin hasn't fallen off anything. He is our glue player. He does what is needed. His role isn't to score 20 points a night.

That was my point... but I got the feeling that some people on here thought he was a number 2 on a team. (Granted we need that right about now). He will have another good night or two especially in the tourney, I know this for sure!

• Upvote 1

My point was he has always been lucky to be on a good team. He is not a go to guy. next year with Jones, Williams, Alzee (Hopefully Mitchel) he will be much better. He is a good player but not a star player. I love his intensity though. Every player on our team needs his mindset!

At Duncanville, his teams were good largely because of him. It wouldn't surprise me at all if he improves his handle and jumper in the off season, and comes out next year looking more like a 2 guard. He's a hard worker, and he likely knows that if he's gonna have a shot to play for pay, that he's going to have to develop his outside skills. He's being asked to do a lot this year playing mainly as an inside guy at his height.

A blow out is nice for a change. No one is going to confuse ULM with a good team, but they have been playing close losing; to UALR by 4 in Little Rock and by only 2 to S. Alabama in their last two games.. No one in conference has beat them as bad as tonight. In a game like this it is hard to fault any player because the game was never close. Franklin had a good game, I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise, 10 pts on 4 for 7 shooting, 2 rbs, 1a, 1s, not bad for 17 minutes. Tony as always was the best player but did anyone notice he did not have any fouls and I also give him kudos for not paying much attention to ULM' s Brown push. Hall was great, he was all over the court; his best game. Alzee is always solid. Edwards had his best game of his career at NT.

Look for a big victory over ULALA Saturday. If NT can win out they would be at least be the third seed, not a bad place to be.

A blow out is nice for a change. No one is going to confuse ULM with a good team, but they have been playing close losing; to UALR by 4 in Little Rock and by only 2 to S. Alabama in their last two games.. No one in conference has beat them as bad as tonight. In a game like this it is hard to fault any player because the game was never close. Franklin had a good game, I'm not sure why anyone would think otherwise, 10 pts on 4 for 7 shooting, 2 rbs, 1a, 1s, not bad for 17 minutes. Tony as always was the best player but did anyone notice he did not have any fouls and I also give him kudos for not paying much attention to ULM' s Brown push. Hall was great, he was all over the court; his best game. Alzee is always solid. Edwards had his best game of his career at NT.

Look for a big victory over ULALA Saturday. If NT can win out they would be at least be the third seed, not a bad place to be.

Hall had some of the sickest passes I have seen a UNT player make.

• Upvote 2

Check the board before I go to sleep and Skiver has made yet another irrational statement. Color me shocked. Roger is our second best player, no matter how many points he scores. Also, he was a 4-year starter at a basketball powerhouse, and a 4th-team Parade All-American as a senior. Also, as bad as OSU is, I'm shocked that he didn't get a fair shake up there. With CJ and Jordan, we'd run those guys out of the gym, and that's with Roger, whom they had no room for, playing a prominent role. Just doesn't make sense.

Don't remember Mitchell's foul and I don't think one was ever posted on the stat board, however 0 or 1 is still a much better showing. I don't mind a few fouls though, just not the stupid kind which in the past he has committed. I really think to some degree, the refs have adjusted to his game. A lot of those blocks were automatic goal tending early even though many shots were obviously on an upward trajectory.

For my money, the second best player on the team is without question Alzee Williams, not to take anything away from Franklin's performance.

Edited by GrandGreen
  • Upvote 2