Johnny Jones one of 3 confirmed LSU candidates

CMJ

http://www.nola.com/lsu/index.ssf/2012/04/lsu_talks_to_johnny_jones_othe.html

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Does Tommy Amekur have a connection to LSU? He didn't do very good at Michigan if I remember correctly, so I am a little surprised LSU would want him. He also is making quite a bit at Harvard I thought.

I don't think JJ goes, unless they offered him to double his salary. If that's the case, it could be hard to turn down.

Not just saying this so we can keep JJ, but if I'm LSU I think I'd hire Tommy Amaker.

Well, if things were not going well with Trent Johnson, why would you hire Amaker? Johnson came from Stanford, kind of a Harvard of the West. Neither had Louisiana ties. Theus has family there, hardly enough to help recruiting. Unfortunately for us, still looks like JJ is the guy.

Not just saying this so we can keep JJ, but if I'm LSU I think I'd hire Tommy Amaker.

I love Tommy Amaker...but I don't know if he's a big program coach (failed experiment at Michigan) and he has a GREAT situation at Harvard...brings back damn near everyone from a ranked Ivy team and is welcoming a nice recruiting class. If I were him, I'd give a great deal of pause before taking a job in the SEC..especially one whose situation damn near mirrors what he walked into at Michigan (football school...relatively recent though short-lived basketball success).

If this is legitimately the short list...man...I'm going to start readying my emotions and building up my bourbon collection.

• Upvote 4

After reading the continuing comments about JJ on LSU igmo fansite I am convinced that these supposed "LSU fans" have NO clue that we whooped their ace by 20 points in their house last year. Please read these comments JJ and stay where you are loved. The pressure that this non-basketball school fanbase will put on him with their sheer sense of entitlement is astounding.

"Wow. Not trying to be a racist but Here's some info on black head coaches in the NCAA. There has only been 3 to win National Championships... "

After reading the continuing comments about JJ on LSU igmo fansite I am convinced that these supposed "LSU fans" have NO clue that we whooped their ace by 20 points in their house last year.

They probably can't remember all of the losses they had last year since they damn near lost to everyone, including losses to Rice and Nichols State. And I believe they only won three games in the SEC.

Rick

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

If I'm wanting-to-go-to-LSU JJ, this would be the worst timing. Who would want to be in his shoes? Look at this roster and tell me it's an easy decision to go.

I'm verklempt.

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 1

Of all the years to stay and all the years not to go , this would be the 1 year

LSU will be below .500 next year, mark my word

If he does leave , this will be a very desirable job for a lot of people

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 3