GMG.COM FLAG FOOTBALL GAME-APRIL 21st

KRAM1

gallery_1_23_48009.jpg

BREAKING NEWS...Just got the official word that we are GOOD TO GO with the next edition of the GMG.Com Flag Football Game being played before the Spring Game AT APOGEE this year!!!!!

We will kick-off at 10:00AM to make sure all is clear for the spring game set-up!!!!!

This is great news, and I really appreciate Rick Villarreal and the Athletic Dept. folks going to bat for us to make this happen. FIRST GMG.COM FLAG FOOTBALL GAME AT APOGEE!!!!!! Day of the Spring Game...how cool is that????

April 21st...10:00AM...

As always, proceeds will benefit the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship fund through the UNT Athletic department. Player fee remains $25.00.

YES, I know this comes right on the heels of our GMG.Com Basketball II Classic...and, yes, I know I'll be asking you guys to step up once again with donations, playing fees and auction items, but, hey...it's the GMG.Com Flag Football Game and it's at APOGEE no less!

Who's in??????? Let get this thing rockin'

May need some help in staging this one as it comes so close after the Basketball game and time is short, but, that's no hill for a climber and we can make this happen...

THANKS RV and Company....

Come on folks...it's gonna be crazy and great!

If you think you might could help with this event in some way just PM me....OK, lots more to follow, but wanted to get this great news out ASAP!!!!!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I'm in.

3 or 4 time GMG.com Bowl player. Good zone D. Solid hands. You know, like stone.

6'0"

185lbs.

If my feet ran as fast as my mouth I'd be an All-Star.

Can we smoke cigars while the ball is in play?

Edited by adman

I'M EFFING IN...BUT DAMN...THAT'S REALLY EARLY TO START DRINKING AND BEING INTOXICATED BEFORE/DURING THE GAME....CAN'T WAIT!!!! HOLY HELL...PASSED OUT BY NOON!!!!!

After all these drinking jokes, you're trying tell us there is such thing as drinking too early?

You just got 5 points deducted from your man card account.

After all these drinking jokes, you're trying tell us there is such thing as drinking too early?

You just got 5 points deducted from your man card account.

oh hell no...no such thing as drinking too early...but i've got to be productive during the game! i can't just be the random guy on the sideline drinking!

give me my points back!!!

What time is the spring game then?

Same time they have always said...around 2PM...or maybe 1PM...Ha! Just kidding, but I under5stand it will be in the 1PM to 2PM time frame for the kick-off! Is that confusing enough for ya???

Hope you can make it for the best game of the two that day...the GMG.COM Flag Football game...of course!

I am too old to play but I will mail you a donation check.

Thanks so much Green59...you were the first to call me and let me know you would be donating....really appreciate you and knew I could count on your support. Thanks so much.....again!

• Upvote 1

Ill donate, but not sure if I can play..

Appreciate the support...I'll send you a PM with the address where you can mail your donation...or you can just show up and give us the check or cash...cash is always good! Ha! Just let us know as soon as you know if you will be playing or not...hope you can play as well. Thanks again......

• Upvote 1

Soooo....are they going to let us take our beer into Apogee like we did at Fouts???

I will be there. I am having serious back problems, so I am doubtful to be able to play. I will decide a little closer to the draft, but if I do play it will be as a reserve. I can barely stand up some days. I will pay the fee and get a t-shirt either way.

Well, since it is the day of the Spring game...Tailgating will be in abundance and I am most certain that the beer will be flowing...will be for me!

Thanks so much for the pledge of a donation...got you down for a shirt...WHAT SIZE? And, I'll wait to see if you will be playing or spectating. Thanks a bunch.

Name: forevereagle

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 180

T-shirt Size: Large

Got you down for a repeat performance....thanks...will be great to have you again....the time of the game probably makes it OK for the Master of the house to be on hand to see Dad play, right? Lucas can get his first touch of the Apogee turf!

Got you down for a repeat performance....thanks...will be great to have you again....the time of the game probably makes it OK for the Master of the house to be on hand to see Dad play, right? Lucas can get his first touch of the Apogee turf!

Don't think he is going to make it. His mom is out of town, so he will be with grandma.

Thanks Mark...you are already the game's MVP (again this year). I am signing up Ian and I to participate.

Name: meangreen 2018

Height: 5'8"

Weight: 140

Speed: Deceptively slow

T-shirt Size: Med

Moving up the draft board after a nice game last season.

Name: untcampbell

Height: 5'10"

Weight: A weak 164

Speed: Slow, but small

T-shirt Size: Large

You know when all the guys were drafted except for the last two? I was one of those guys, and then I was the last one.

GMG

Count me in for my first non-rookie year:

Name: UNT 90 Grad

Height: 6'

Weight: 215

T-Shirt Size: XL

Any links to the official rules we'll be following?

who needs rules...run...catch...drink...have fun...in any order!!!

Thanks Mark,

We're in... it was great watching Scott Hall throw to JQ again last year. Sure brought back some fond memories!

H: 6'0

W: 190

Name on Shirt: Medpilot21

Size: L

My son Chris will also play again this year. This will be his last GMG.com Bowl before going into the Army, so I'm glad he gets to play in the new stadium. He's been a part of many of these over the years.

H: 6'0

W: 150

Name on Shirt: Army2012

Size: L

See everyone there!

GMG!!!

UNT 90 Grad, untcampbell, meangreen2018, medpilot21 and Army2012 GREAT to have you guys "in" for 2012. Should really be great....appreciate the support...as always.

UNT 90 Grad - No link to the rules as yet...if I have time I'll get one up...if not, rules will be available on game day. I'll check to see what i have....

Last year we used the entire field at Fouts...100 yards of it....I'm thinking we should do the same this time as it should be much cooler and I am hopeful we will have plenty of players. Thoughts?

PLUS...no one keeled over from the heat and playing field size after last year's event....right?