Quick hits from Mac Radio Show

UNTflyer

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Thanks Harry, I missed RV talk.

Was that for a basketball game to SA or football next year ?

Sorry man I didn't catch that for sure... in was in the vein that now we have local rivalries we can do things like this. Really cool concept where you rent out Amtrack and have food drinks the whole way there and back. Stuff that wives and family would enjoy.... He mentioned Shreveport trips as well...

Sorry man I didn't catch that for sure... in was in the vein that now we have local rivalries we can do things like this. Really cool concept where you rent out Amtrack and have food drinks the whole way there and back. Stuff that wives and family would enjoy.... He mentioned Shreveport trips as well...

Sweet. I'd definitely be down for that

• Upvote 3

One other statement I wanted to make... after listening tonight with Mac jetting over from the 4K student event at Apogee and mixing with the crowd at Rudy's hearing about the high GPA's and the strength and conditioning nder Wentrich, the character of the leaders on this team like Orr, Y'Barbo.. you can't help but get the feeling that this man knows what the hell he is doing. He's a builder and it takes time to get everything the way that he wants it but once it is built it is something very special. I'm just incredibly impressed with Coach Mac and how he goes about the business of rejuvenating a program that was truly down.. And it goes just beyond the team --- it's the ENTIRE program and culture supporting it. I sure hope he has success on the field this season because if he does we could really see this program elevate to a new level beyond anything we have experienced at North Texas. His enthusiasm and drive is contagious.

Surprised by the 6 game thing because I couldn't even figure out how to maneuver that next year in NCAA Football 14. I, however, am NOT surprised by the 4K kids. That is what I've been saying for a year now...that's why Saturday is SO important.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Harry posted: "RV basically confirmed there will be six home games every season in football...if I heard him correctly."

I really don't think RV has been working to "not" have 6 games per Fall, but listening to him on my car radio (eastern Parker County) I sensed this may have been an edict from above to get the 6 but.....I could be wrong, too.

Anyone have any video of the Apogee pep rally that they may want to start a new thread?

Coach Mac was fired up when he arrived to the radio show saying "there were thousands of UNT students out for this rally."

GMG!

Addendum since I posted:

:schmuck020::schmuck020::schmuck020::schmuck020:

4,000 freakin' UNT students for a pep rally this evening in this heat? :clapping:

I am guessing that they were probably all UNT Freshmen, right? If so, what happens if the Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors and grad students show up en mass this Saturday? :)

I am officially duly impressed. Sounds to me like the entire Mean Green Nation

is ready to start creating some new "postive" football history once again.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Harry posted: "RV basically confirmed there will be six home games every season in football...if I heard him correctly."

I really don't think RV has been working to "not" have 6 games per Fall, but listening to him on my car radio (eastern Parker County) I sensed this may have been an edict from above to get the 6 but.....I could be wrong, too.

Anyone have any video of the Apogee pep rally that they may want to start a new thread?

Coach Mac was fired up when he arrived to the radio show saying "there were thousands of UNT students out for this rally."

GMG!

Addendum since I posted:

:schmuck020::schmuck020::schmuck020::schmuck020:

4,000 freakin' UNT students for a pep rally this evening in this heat? :clapping:

I am guessing that they were probably all UNT Freshmen, right? If so, what happens if the Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors and grad students show up en mass this Saturday? :)

I am officially duly impressed. Sounds to me like the entire Mean Green Nation

is ready to start creating some new "postive" football history once again.

This is very exciting...if we turn the win/loss record around and increase expectations, we could see a huge change in future attendance , and the new hotel, probably to be built next year will help alot aswell

• Upvote 1

There were actually a pretty good amount of students out at apogee tonight.

Completely filled the once called "student" section and basically all of the away side, minus the little visitor corner.

Doesn't really show much in regards to student size, but here:

2i9m2pw.jpg

• Upvote 2

So who is the back up QB? I hope we don't burn Dajons redshirt to have him be the 3rd qb

Believe it when it happens. It's been said before and then we got 5 home games last year.

We will buy a game next year (probably from a FCS team), but 2015 looks like another 5 game home season.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 12

The train is a great idea that would really increase our attendance at away games while having fun coming and going. I have heard some great old stories about football train trips between Austin and College Station and Norman and Dallas. We used to have some nice train trips ourselves, including one for basketball games between UNT and Baylor. Man, I hope this idea comes to pass.
  • Upvote 1

Really sorry I missed...wife and I were at Sea World in San Diego with Froggy Style and That Houston Crazy...or was it GL2 Greatness...oops sorry, I mean our 2 and 3 year old grandsons...I get those mixed up as they all seem on the same maturity level....

But, all kidding aside...sounds like a great first show packed with some pretty good info. Congrats to the students for te great turnout at the pep rally. Here's hoping that the alums and fans also turn out in force.

Really apply to have tat 6-game thing answered..well, for most of us anyway.

Let's get this game on folks...be there! BE THERE!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Less than one week till gameday!!! Anyone have any word on Anthony Wallace (LB transfer from Oregon)? I have yet to hear about him or find him on the roster.

All I know is that he is already going to UNT but not sure why he isn't yet included in the roster.

• Upvote 1