Northwood (11/8/13)

CMJ

Admin-Bldg-2.jpg

NT 72

Northwood 67

Final

Alzee is reason enough to pull for the team this season. Clutch effort by him tonight. I love that kid, have since he was a freshman, issues with Benford or not.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

We very dissappointed last night. They are still making them practice on game days 2 hours before the game yesterday. He will not let them run and gun. Just stand around and play hot potatoe with the ball until the clock runs down. Players and parents very dissatisfied but love north texas so what can we do at this point . Not looking forward to this season at all. Glad football is doing great....go mean green

Not calling you a liar, but this is the internet. You could be a french model. :)

If indeed this is true, heard the same story for 2 years now, totally inexcusable and enough for firing on its own.

No high school team could ever beat a D1 college team in any sport. That is just an ignorant statement. That is like saying a college team could beat a professional team....

What about the highschool all star teams they put together? The ones where every player is a d1 recruit...even then I doubt it but against a Benny coached team they might have a chance

What about the highschool all star teams they put together? The ones where every player is a d1 recruit...even then I doubt it but against a Benny coached team they might have a chance

Would be an interesting game. Not sure who pulls that one out.

We very dissappointed last night. They are still making them practice on game days 2 hours before the game yesterday. He will not let them run and gun. Just stand around and play hot potatoe with the ball until the clock runs down. Players and parents very dissatisfied but love north texas so what can we do at this point . Not looking forward to this season at all. Glad football is doing great....go mean green

Yes I would like some validity to this. I keep hearing different opinions and story's. I am not sure if this is true or attempting to the stir the pot. Could you go into more detail....?

I am more interested in the practice before and dissatisfaction because the "run and gun" is dictated by what the opposing defense shows. The swinging around the ark is nothing new. Happens a lot in every college program. Longer shot clock and different defensive looks then in the nba or high school.

Edited by Andrew

Validity. Heard it from players and their parents. Not just drills straight up practice. Everyday and on game days. Thats why they look so tired and sleepy. They are not being heard. If they speak up about they get waved off as complaining.

• Upvote 1

You are not a parent? Only because we have many friends of parents who all say different things. I am not writing you off but just curious. I know most teams do shoot arounds but not full practices. If this is so someone just address it and see what the coaching staff says. A little honesty goes a long way. That would be an issue so someone just say something please...

Edited by Andrew

Yes I would like some validity to this. I keep hearing different opinions and story's. I am not sure if this is true or attempting to the stir the pot. Could you go into more detail....?

I am more interested in the practice before and dissatisfaction because the "run and gun" is dictated by what the opposing defense shows. The swinging around the ark is nothing new. Happens a lot in every college program. Longer shot clock and different defensive looks then in the nba or high school.

So you are saying Northwood was able to dictate the pace of the game?

That just snacks of a successful season ahead this year.

Does Coach Mac know anything about basketball?

I'd like to see Skladany and Wintrich get some time with them. We may not win, but we'd be the college equivalent of the Bill Lambier Pistons.

Right now I don't see coach Benford getting through the season Monday and still be the HC.

FIFY

Edited by Rudy

So you are saying Northwood was able to dictate the pace of the game?

That just snacks of a successful season ahead this year.

Sadly yes. I understand it should not be that way but it was... The offensive gameplay did not pan out (I understand that is Benford). I am hoping for a better result against Oklahoma. The match ups should be better. Norwood had one player 6ft 6in or taller on their entire team. We dominated the boards like we should have but Jordan Williams was really our big time (post player) in the game. Against Oklahoma he should fine himself at the 3 a lot more and be much more comfortable. Coleman hardly played because he was matched up with a 6ft 4 in guy normally. Great for rebounding but on defense just awful.

at this point I see us losing to Oklahoma but if it is a close game I could see a few positives. None the less I want to expect to win but not sure how that will go...

Coleman hardly played because he was matched up with a 6ft 4 in guy normally. Great for rebounding but on defense just awful.

Coleman "hardly played" because he racked up 4 fouls in 13 minutes. Came up 9 points and 7 boards short of a double double, unfortunately.

Coleman "hardly played" because he racked up 4 fouls in 13 minutes. Came up 9 points and 7 boards short of a double double, unfortunately.

Not even sure 13 minutes is even close. He started the game and after a few minutes sat the rest of the half.

How on earth is Coleman supposed to match up with shorter guards? I mean, other than manhandling them in the paint, or clogging the lane defensively, or just downright dominating NAIA-caliber competition? Tony Mitchell probably would have been pulled last year in that same situation, right? We've gotta match up small with these guys, or they may *gulp* beat us!

Nevermind the fact that Coleman has not demonstrated the ability to play on the D1 level yet.

• Upvote 1

How on earth is Coleman supposed to match up with shorter guards? I mean, other than manhandling them in the paint, or clogging the lane defensively, or just downright dominating NAIA-caliber competition? Tony Mitchell probably would have been pulled last year in that same situation, right? We've gotta match up small with these guys, or they may *gulp* beat us!

Nevermind the fact that Coleman has not demonstrated the ability to play on the D1 level yet.

I do believe he can play at the D1 level. Separate from if anyone think Benford is a good coach or not I do believe that Colman can play well in the post this year. win or not (which I hope is a win). Tony is much more athletic then Keith and quicker on his feet. He could defend that.

I can't find an official source, but I'm under the impression that games against NAIA schools don't count at all in RPI calculation. If true, then no, a win is indeed not a win.

It counts as win but not for our RPI. We are still 1-0....