Louisiana State (12/22/11)

NT03

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I wish we would abandon the slam dunk. I know it's a fan favorite, but we demonstrated several times that a simple layup is more of a sure thing than a dunk. Just steal the ball, run down the court, and lay it in for 2. Then play defense. No need for showboats this far inland.

GO MEAN GREEN

How do you feel about the current length of the shorts?

I wish we would abandon the slam dunk. I know it's a fan favorite, but we demonstrated several times that a simple layup is more of a sure thing than a dunk. Just steal the ball, run down the court, and lay it in for 2. Then play defense. No need for showboats this far inland.

GO MEAN GREEN

Is this a bit?

GO MEAN GREEN

I like set shots and granny-style FT shooting, too. All while wearing Chuck Taylors...no need for those fancy dunks or that crazy thing called a 3-point shot. How ridiculous can these hip-hop folks be these days, comprende?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

joe has a point...what if we would have lost by two??? those missed dunks would have been the difference when an easy layup would have sufficed.

*granted, not all layups are made, but it seems that more dunks are missed than layups.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I like set shots and granny-style FT shooting, too.

When I sat through four years of watching but a single home victory at my alma mater, and I looked at the margin of loss in each game, over 90% of the losses were by fewer points than free throws missed. Teams give up a LOT of points in the modern game in the name of style and refusal to practice the most fundamental of skills.

When I sat through four years of watching but a single home victory at my alma mater, and I looked at the margin of loss in each game, over 90% of the losses were by fewer points than free throws missed. Teams give up a LOT of points in the modern game in the name of style and refusal to practice the most fundamental of skills.

One of the biggest fallicies perpetrated on the basketball youth of today. If someone would go back and compare the combined free throw percentage for all the NCAA teams for, say,. the 1963 (modern era, but before all the woodstock hippies corrupted the youth of America) season, and then compare that to the combined free throw percentage for the all NCAA teams from the 2010 NCAA season, I would be willing to bet you would find the kids of today shoot free throws far better than the kids of 1962.

Tasty, are you bored?

I know you are correct about all of this, but it really magnifies your username...

One of the biggest fallicies perpetrated on the basketball youth of today. If someone would go back and compare the combined free throw percentage for all the NCAA teams for, say,. the 1963 (modern era, but before all the woodstock hippies corrupted the youth of America) season, and then compare that to the combined free throw percentage for the all NCAA teams from the 2010 NCAA season, I would be willing to bet you would find the kids of today shoot free throws far better than the kids of 1962.

Tasty, are you bored?

Not that bored. But I do know (brief aside: I'd love it if there were some way to find a current media guide on the athletics website) that the last generation of recruits gave us something like 3 or 4 of the top 5 all-time team free throw percentages in school history.

I credit the increased accuracy to the insidious influence of hip-hop music.

I think Buford (is he okay...I haven't seen him here in awhile) did actually research the FT percentages a few years ago and found that they were within a couple of percentage points of those from the 60's.

I wouldn't worry too much about that. I could see their greek letters from my seats at the Jackson St. game. They stayed out there all night tailgating.

We need to yell at someone one their bench that he will never get in the game.

Grambling St. should be ashamed!!!

Grambling should be ashamed of the two "females" who sat behind us Tuesday.

The group chirping during our free throws?

They didn't stop chirping. They were on Row 3 of Section 117. They couldn't talk smack to the team, so they started in with us. I'm atcually suprised they stayed the whole game. They were late for work. I'm sure their boss didn't like losing "clients".

There was also a group of 5 ladies maybe in their early 20's on the same row. They were very polite and probably ashamed of how the other two were acting.

• Upvote 1

I've been checking ESPN3 all week in hopes they'd add this game... and with LSU's win over a ranked opponent, I thought it might have even more of a chance... just checked again and no luck... MeanGreenPremium is so painful to watch...augh! It's so blurry you can't even see our player's numbers clearly at times, and with the removal of last names from the jerseys, it is even more tedious to watch MeanGreenPremium at times.

Edited by chrisfisher

They didn't stop chirping. They were on Row 3 of Section 117. They couldn't talk smack to the team, so they started in with us. I'm atcually suprised they stayed the whole game. They were late for work. I'm sure their boss didn't like losing "clients".

There was also a group of 5 ladies maybe in their early 20's on the same row. They were very polite and probably ashamed of how the other two were acting.

Real life hookers?? Hawwwwwt Doggggie!