GMG.COM 2nd Annual BB Game! March 31st 10AM

KRAM1

DRAFT IS COMPLETE: Thanks to both coaches for taking time to pick and thanks for the others who tuned in to make a comment r two here and there...here are the line-ups for this year's event...I really think we have a couple of pretty evenly matched teams this year...this si going to be fun!

WHITE TEAM:

unt88 - Coach

Lil b

bonfirebrian

bmac

MeanGreenSoHo

forevereagle

SHOSS

GreenStreet

meangreenacct

RUDY

UNT90 - allocated as a late scratch...may show up anyway...we'll be ready...hey, you can eneter the half-time half court shot, right?

GREEN TEAM:

Emmitt01 - Coach

ECHO

THOR

Smoothfresh

Shibby

GreenN'walinsVet

Harry

FloMoGrad

Grant.UNT

UNTFan23

NT03 - allocated as a late scratch...may still be able to show up...so we'll be ready

Let the trash talking begin....thanks again to all....

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

He'll probably just bring his wife.

(I apologize in advance if I've offended anyone by posting something that didn't add value to the thread. :) )

Did I laugh? Yes.

But that doesn't change the fact that you're worse than the September 11th terrorists. You've ruined the internet, sir. Apologiiiiiiize to Jesse Kramson.

OK, as much as it pains me to see these type of responses in this thread, I'll have to live with them as some just see this board as an outlet for their comedic alter-egos. So, let's press on here...while some have been finding time to post their zany and cute replies, I have been actually working on this event and trying to raise some cash for our Cheer Squad.

The "good news" is that I talked with Roy Metzler yesterday (Metzler's BBQ and a big UNT supporter) and he has agreed to be our T-Shirt sponsor again this year! I cannot thank Roy enough for being willing to step up and help support this event again for the second year. So, we are off and running.

I still would like to hear from anyone else out there who would like to help sponsor this event...at any level...AND, folks who might have something they could contribute to the silent auction. Auction items do not need to be Mean green Related...they can be anything of value that you might think someone would enjoy and bid on.

Want some great BBQ? Please consider Metzler's...two Denton locations (Teasley Dr. & University Dr.). Let's support those folks who support us! Thanks.

Anyone out there interested in helping with a sponsorship...ad for the event program/brochure or auction item? Just PM me with your contact info and I'll contact you.

Thanks Roy...and thanks Metzler's BBQ.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Hopefully I can make this. I feel athletically capable, anyways, despite no dribbling skillz and my uncanny ability to miss the rim on every shot.

We dwarfs are natural sprinters.

Lotr_movie_gimli.jpg

EXCELLENT...thanks for showing the interest. Your skills will fit right in!

I should have some date/time/place info for everyone soon. I have a meeting scheduled for Feb. 1st with AD staff and the Cheer Squad folks so we should know something more soon as to date, etc.

I still am looking for sponsors and ad buyers for the game/day program/brochure. I know several of you guys have businesses or work in businesses that might be able to sponsor or purchase ad space...it's not expensive at all, but any amount will really help the Cheer Squad and the Athletic Dept's overall budget...

Here are the "opportunities".....

T-Shirt Sponsor (back of shirt) - $250.00 - SOLD - METZLER'S BBQ (thank you Roy Metzler)

T-Shirt Front Shoulder Logo - $100.00

Game Day Program/Brochure:

Inside Front Cover - $125.00 (full page)

Inside Back Cover - $125.00 (full page)

Back Cover - $150.00 (full page)

Full Page Ad - $100.00

1/2 Page Ad - $50.00

1/4 Page Ad - $25.00

Half-Time Half-Court Shot Contest - $50.00

So, it shouldn't be too difficult to buy and ad, sponsor the t-shirt shoulder logo or half-time shot contest at the costs indicated. AND, it will go a long way to help our Cheer Squad with the costs they bear from their own personal budgets to help support the Mean Green. If you would like to help...send me a PM and we can discuss more.

INDIVIDUAL CONTRIBUTIONS of any amount are also welcome...every dollar helps and is greatly appreciated. Harry will have a PayPal link up soon here on GMG.Com for individual contributions, or you can write a check and have that for your record keeping and tax purposes. Checks can be made payable to "UNT ATHLETICS".

Questions? PM me...happy to talk with you....

We now have a date, place and time. Had to arrange this around facilities schedules, other UNT activities, spring break, etc. So, with the help of several AD staffers I am ready to announce that WE ARE ON!!!!!

DATE: March 31

TIME: Doors open at 10:00 am.....Tip off at 11:30 am

Place: UNT VOLLEYBALL GYM - UNT Athletic Village

So, now we need players. Playing fee again is $ 25 per player which includes the player game shirt. If you would like to play..please sign up here listing some playing stats for the player draft.

Anyone want to captain either side and help draft players, etc.?

I'll post more info as I have it. Need players, sponsors, donations, help in running the show. PM me if you can help in any way...please sign up ASAP if you want to play as there wil be a player sign-up deadline.

I also need your T-shirt size if playing...if you would like to purchase a game day shirt but cannot play, I'd be happy to order one for you....$ 15.00. Just let me know.....

damn....1130 tip....guess i'm gonna have to start drinking way earlier than normal...damn!

i'm in....6'6"...white...drinker of beer...the only move i have was perfected by kevin mchale...

xl

Edited by THOR
  • Upvote 4

damn....1130 tip....guess i'm gonna have to start drinking way earlier than normal...damn!

i'm in....6'6"...white...drinker of beer...the only move i have was perfected by kevin mchale...

Thanks, THOR...got you down...the first full and official "yes" posted. What T-Shirt Size this year?

Folks, check your calendars and let us know that you'll be playing this year...it's a ton of fun and for a great cause.

I also need two to volunteer as coaches for the game...these can be non-playing coaches...so, if you don't want to or cannot play, you can definitely join in the fun as a coach...playing or non-playing coaches welcome! You get the shot at the player draft as well...so, who wants to coach this year????

We now have a date, place and time. Had to arrange this around facilities schedules, other UNT activities, spring break, etc. So, with the help of several AD staffers I am ready to announce that WE ARE ON!!!!!

DATE: March 31

TIME: Doors open at 10:00 am.....Tip off at 11:30 am

Place: UNT VOLLEYBALL GYM - UNT Athletic Village

So, now we need players. Playing fee again is $ 25 per player which includes the player game shirt. If you would like to play..please sign up here listing some playing stats for the player draft.

Anyone want to captain either side and help draft players, etc.?

I'll post more info as I have it. Need players, sponsors, donations, help in running the show. PM me if you can help in any way...please sign up ASAP if you want to play as there wil be a player sign-up deadline.

I also need your T-shirt size if playing...if you would like to purchase a game day shirt but cannot play, I'd be happy to order one for you....$ 15.00. Just let me know.....

I'm in!

xl

You know I'll be there starting early with ya pal. I might even remember to bring your flag I stole during football season. :)

I should be in. Rehabbing a knee, but should be good to go for March 31st. No, I won't tell you which knee...

6' 4" and 230 pounds of post defender and rebounder. Any offense you get from me is a bonus. Yes, I did well last year, but that was mainly because I somehow found 40 minutes of youth and almost everything I threw up went in. Not likely to happen again this year.

XL please Kram.

Edit: Also, this is about 114 feet of heat (KRAM swears it's regulation, I do not agree), so If you are a little out of shape, you may want to partake of a little preparation (I know I will)

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

OK, if you can't play...how can you help with this event?

Well, there are several ways...

1) Make a donation....you can simply make a cash/check donation in any amount that you are comfortable with...Checks should be made payable to "UNT ATHLETICS" with UNT Cheer Squad on the memo line...you can mail them to me (PM me and I'll give you my mailing address) or hand them to me at an upcoming BB game.

2) Buy a game day T-Shirt - we will have game day t-shirts available for sale...but only through pre-order ... simply cannot foot the bill this year for folks who ordered t-shirts, never paid and never picked them up like last year....so, just post here on the thread if you would like a shirt...provide your size...mail me the check (PM me for address) payable to "UNT ATHLETICS" with UNT Cheer Squad on the memo line...or hand it to me at a game or just pay in cash...either way is fine...shirts for non-players are priced at $20/each....

3) help with a silent auction or two or three...if you have something in mind, PM me and we can discuss details...we need silent auction items...PLEASE!

4) Advertise your business in the game day brochure...prices listed in a previous post in this thread...very inexpensive way to both advertise your business AND support this benefit game.

5) Sponsor the half-time half-court shot contest...see previous thread...

6) Show up and watch the game on MARCH 31st...make a donation at that time, but a soft drink or snack...etc. OR, just show up and have some fun watching the game and attending the after-game event at Metzler's BBQ. Bring the kids...they love watching Dad...and Mom play!

YES, the game is co-ed and open to anyone wishing to participate....

OK, if you can't play...how can you help with this event?

Well, there are several ways...

1) Make a donation....you can simply make a cash/check donation in any amount that you are comfortable with...Checks should be made payable to "UNT ATHLETICS" with UNT Cheer Squad on the memo line...you can mail them to me (PM me and I'll give you my mailing address) or hand them to me at an upcoming BB game.

2) Buy a game day T-Shirt - we will have game day t-shirts available for sale...but only through pre-order ... simply cannot foot the bill this year for folks who ordered t-shirts, never paid and never picked them up like last year....so, just post here on the thread if you would like a shirt...provide your size...mail me the check (PM me for address) payable to "UNT ATHLETICS" with UNT Cheer Squad on the memo line...or hand it to me at a game or just pay in cash...either way is fine...shirts for non-players are priced at $20/each....

3) help with a silent auction or two or three...if you have something in mind, PM me and we can discuss details...we need silent auction items...PLEASE!

4) Advertise your business in the game day brochure...prices listed in a previous post in this thread...very inexpensive way to both advertise your business AND support this benefit game.

5) Sponsor the half-time half-court shot contest...see previous thread...

6) Show up and watch the game on MARCH 31st...make a donation at that time, but a soft drink or snack...etc. OR, just show up and have some fun watching the game and attending the after-game event at Metzler's BBQ. Bring the kids...they love watching Dad...and Mom play!

YES, the game is co-ed and open to anyone wishing to participate....

Good money could be made if you could manage to get some UNT stuff signed by number #13, perhaps one of those UNT basketballs with the side made for signatures? That would create a lot of interest, at least from wallet.

A TM jersey would be great, but since no one at the bookstore had the forethought to order the jersey of the most highly rated recruit inUNT history, and apparently they have to order stuff one year in advance, good luck finding one. If by chance you do, it will bring in some good money. That I promise.

• Upvote 1

Good money could be made if you could manage to get some UNT stuff signed by number #13, perhaps one of those UNT basketballs with the side made for signatures? That would create a lot of interest, at least from wallet.

A TM jersey would be great, but since no one at the bookstore had the forethought to order the jersey of the most highly rated recruit inUNT history, and apparently they have to order stuff one year in advance, good luck finding one. If by chance you do, it will bring in some good money. That I promise.

Agree, but there seems to be a bit of a challenge with having individual players with current eligibility sign items for re-sale...even if the sale is for a charity/fund-raiser for the school itself such as ours...I tried that last year with both the BB and the football games.

• Upvote 1