Troy (12/31/11)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Oh goodie. A team that chunks up 1,000 threes a game vs. Our perimeter "defense"

FWIW we led the Belt last year defending the 3 (%). I wouldn't read too mucho into last night, It was only one game and Trojans were hot.

If anyone cares to look it up, I would be curious how we faired this OOC compared to the last three OOC seasons? I'm in an airport on my phone.

FWIW we led the Belt last year defending the 3 (%). I wouldn't read too mucho into last night, It was only one game and Trojans were hot.

If anyone cares to look it up, I would be curious how we faired this OOC compared to the last three OOC seasons? I'm in an airport on my phone.

It's not worth much since we only have one starer back and only one other contributor from last season. You might have well as said something like our perimiter shooting will be fine since Tristan and DoMo could shoot the 3. It seems like I have heard that our opponents were hot from deep a lot this season...

It's not worth much since we only have one starer back and only one other contributor from last season. You might have well as said something like our perimiter shooting will be fine since Tristan and DoMo could shoot the 3. It seems like I have heard that our opponents were hot from deep a lot this season...

We have been at the top (i.e. top 5-ish) for years. This is not a class thing; it is a JJ trend thing.

Two teams trying to avoid a 0-2 start to Belt play.

Troy was 8-21, 6-10 last year – Don Maestri begins his 30th season as the Trojan’s head coach

– he has won nearly 60 percent of his games and needs 20 wins this season to have 500 wins

– that might be a tall order considering Troy returns only three players from last season.

Don’t count this one in the win column yet but it is looking good.

I was thinking Franklin.

I think JJ likes Franklin as the 6th man. Talented enough to start on not only this team , but just about any SunBelt team. He's like our Jason Terry, he provides that nice little spark off the bench. I may be wrong , we both may be wrong. . Maybe we go CJ,Alzee,JW,Holmen & TMitch

Edited by NT03

Because of Troy's lineup... I bet Zo and Niko sub for Tony, with Franklin and Holmen splitting time at the 2nd forward position.

Ideally, Alzee guards Weathers to try and disrupt the flow of their offense. Put Franklin out there to start so we have another lockdown-type defender on the floor who matches up well with their F/G hybrid heavy rotation. Franklin and Holmen can match up with a perimeter forward a lot better than Alonzo or Niko can.

If Troy still starts hot shooting 3's, sub Holmen in for Franklin and put on the full court pressure and trap. That trap seems most powerful when Holmen is the front man on it.

If we can man up Alzee on Weathers and make it hard for the offense to flow through him, with Jordan and Chris off the ball to jump in passing lanes (Troy is about the easiest team to predict floor position in the Belt... Maestri loves Pop-A-Shot from 4 or 5 spots on the perimeter) we could force a lot of turnovers and make it hard for them to make their offense work. They make more than 10 3-pointers a game (and attempt just under 30). Make life hard for Weathers, through tight man or full court trapping, and we can survive bad shooting by our own team.

We have to force the ball inside against these guys. It won't get much easier than our posts against their interior defense. This should be a big day for Tony. If it isn't, it'll probably be a dogfight or another loss.

I may be scarce during the game with a NYE late lunch/early dinner getting started soon that I should make an appearance at....since it's at my apartment.

I'll do my best to listen to what I can and provide a record of the game for posterity.