Minute with Mac

UNT 90 Grad

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

As big as his challenges are this year (find a new RB, re-work the secondary, etc.) Coach Mac has to be the most positive coach in the conference. I hate to kick a dead horse, but I wonder what Todd Dodge's "minute" would have been like? I know what Darrell Dickey's minute would have been... "It's good to be back at work. We're gonna run a draw play or two this year with Jamario, let Awasome and Kennedy disrupt some offenses, and have a beer or two in New Orleans. See you all at the House of of Blues!"

GMG!!! :thumbsu:

• Upvote 1

As big as his challenges are this year (find a new RB, re-work the secondary, etc.) Coach Mac has to be the most positive coach in the conference. I hate to kick a dead horse, but I wonder what Todd Dodge's "minute" would have been like? I know what Darrell Dickey's minute would have been... "It's good to be back at work. We're gonna run a draw play or two this year with Jamario, let Awasome and Kennedy disrupt some offenses, and have a beer or two in New Orleans. See you all at the House of of Blues!"

GMG!!! :thumbsu:

I was thinking almost exactly the same thing! Only I think in your example, you attribute entirely too much eloquence to Coach Dickey. As I've said many times before, the finest example of Coach Dickey and his attitude was when he commented to a group of alumni right before our last Texas game "well, I hope that when Dr. B. looks up at the scoreboard at the end of the game tomorrow she remembers how much money we're making out of the game."

For all you people who rolled their eyes every time I mentioned Hayden Fry.......THIS (Coach Mac's video pep talks) is the kind of stuff I was talking about.

Edited by SilverEagle
  • Upvote 2

For all you people who rolled their eyes every time I mentioned Hayden Fry.......THIS (Coach Mac's video pep talks) is the kind of stuff I was talking about.

As an U of Iowa graduate, I see no problem in you mentioning the greatest Hawkeye and Mean Green Coach ever in Coach Fry on this board!

• Upvote 3

I'm digging these Mac Minutes.

The second video brought up a side-thought for me.

Coach McCarney often talks about his players becoming better students/men/husbands/fathers. I know I've heard him mention this several times myself. However, I don't see him getting his nuts kicked all the time like some do our former coach to this day... why is that?

I don't think either of them are football ogres, only concerned with results on the field, and I fully believe they both want all of the players they come in contact with to become better men. It's just one of them is a proven BCS HC, while the other was an experiment gone way wrong. Bash Dodge's coaching abilities all you want, that is deserved. But I don't think he should be bashed for something that our current coach also believes in.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to the next Minute with Mac.

• Upvote 3