Louisiana State (12/22/11)

NT03

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

LSU's guards scored 15 points...8 for Turner, 7 for Bass...and they went 1-11 from 3.

Hamilton (6'11"), O'Bryant (6'9"), White (6'9") and Warren (6'7") scored 52. They were just too damned big...that's the most zone I've seen from JJ, maybe ever, and while it forced some questionable shots from the perimeter it also facilitated a good deal of LSU's offensive rebounds.

Great first half, but LSU's defensive intensity seemed to wear us down a bit, especially Chris at the point. We were largely dominated on the boards in the second stanza, LSU absolutely killed us with 2nd chance points.

I wasn't expecting a win tonight, but for large stretches of the game I thought we were the better team. Encouraging effort, and we will only get better from here.

Still pretty disappointing to have such a great crowd and lose.

Edited by CMJ

Great first half, but LSU's defensive intensity seemed to wear us down a bit, especially Chris at the point. We were largely dominated on the boards in the second stanza, LSU absolutely killed us with 2nd chance points.

I wasn't expecting a win tonight, but for large stretches of the game I thought we were the better team. Encouraging effort, and we will only get better from here.

Still pretty disappointing to have such a great crowd and lose.

Steven B had a stat that baffled me...maybe b/c I've never heard a break-down like that, but the numbers just seemed so jarring...at one point at the start of the second half LSU had taken 19 shots to UNT's 5...a credit to both their defense which turned UNT over and their second and third chance opportunities.

Always hate to send a good crowd home with an L, but I think anyone who knows basketball saw more than enough from the boys tonight to come back and keep supporting them.

• Upvote 2

So hey what did you think of the 2-3 zone....? 0-3 from three and forced a couple turnovers when they were forced to throw it across the court... It also protects Tony from foul trouble... but ya know I was so dumb for thinking it would....

I really think we are going to go to it more and more. If tony plays in the center he will always have some help side D to keep him out of trouble and with Alzee and Jordans length a lot of turnovers should occur like tonight when we ran it.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

The zone also caused many of our rebounding issues tonight.

I am not saying run it the entire game, but it was successful tonight. I am watching my dvr and I have not seen it be a huge difference in rebounds.. we just got two rebounds the two times we ran so far.

Positive: stops the three, causes turnovers and keeps our bigs out of foul trouble

Negatives: does not let us get out on the break as well as I would like...

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

The zone was successful? I'm not sure we got a rebound the entire time we were in zone, and the big white guy tore the zone up. I was not a fan. We are WAY too athletic to run zone. Also, at least 2 of Tony's fouls came while in the zone.

• Upvote 2

The zone was successful? I'm not sure we got a rebound the entire time we were in zone, and the big white guy tore the zone up. I was not a fan. We are WAY too athletic to run zone. Also, at least 2 of Tony's fouls came while in the zone.

no they did not... and he tore it up? He did alright against it. Im sorry but if tony and help defense cannot stop him then good look running one man against him...

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2