Free 4 Tickets For Each MGC Member

Mean Green 93-98

How did this get 9 negative votes?

I gave it a +1!!!!

I think some people see the user name and click the -1 without ever reading the content of the post.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I ordered my 4 tickets. If I can't find anyone to come I will be walking in and out of Apogee four times to get the tickets to count on attendance...seriously.

That's one way to negate the no in/out rule too I guess. :) Everyone should just buy 2 tickets to every game: one for the first half and one for the second half.

• Upvote 2

You've gotten a lot of -1s here, but if what you type is even remotely accurate, then this should be rectified immediately by the AD. Talk about a great way to run off a big donor or two...

Absolutely. Folks who paid for club seats were promised a lot of things by the athletic department. If you can't keep all those promises, at least try to make up for it in little ways when you have the opportunity.

• Upvote 1

Wow, four free tickets? And to think only a week ago one poster here who lives DEEP down in the south and makes the 750 mile round trip to make the games, who has donated tens of thousands to this program over the many years, and despite AD Dept officials handing out comped Club Seats like Halloween Tootsie Rolls every week, couldn't even get half off for a $75 empty seat for his three year old granddaughter for one game?

Rick

How did this get 9 negative votes?

I gave it a +1!!!!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Wow, four free tickets? And to think only a week ago one poster here who lives DEEP down in the south and makes the 750 mile round trip to make the games, who has donated tens of thousands to this program over the many years, and despite AD Dept officials handing out comped Club Seats like Halloween Tootsie Rolls every week, couldn't even get half off for a $75 empty seat for his three year old granddaughter for one game?

Rick

rick, i appreciate your point of view, and continued support of N.T. athletics. if i remember the "way back machine", SMU had an AD whose name escapes me[Russ Potts?] that said something to the effect that an empty seat never bought a bag of popcorn. this is a chance to get people who might never go to a game in our new stadium at a game in which we are favored with the hope that they will buy tickets and come back next season. in addition,this game is up against a number of conference championship games, such as SEC,CUSA,that will be televised. i'm afraid the stadium would be more than half empty without this promotion. we always discuss ways to build our core fan base, and i applaud our efforts to do so. its not a perfect world, and life is not always fair. we all try to do the best we can, and thats what R.V. is attempting to do.

• Upvote 4

rick, i appreciate your point of view, and continued support of N.T. athletics. if i remember the "way back machine", SMU had an AD whose name escapes me[Russ Potts?] that said something to the effect that an empty seat never bought a bag of popcorn. this is a chance to get people who might never go to a game in our new stadium at a game in which we are favored with the hope that they will buy tickets and come back next season. in addition,this game is up against a number of conference championship games, such as SEC,CUSA,that will be televised. i'm afraid the stadium would be more than half empty without this promotion. we always discuss ways to build our core fan base, and i applaud our efforts to do so. its not a perfect world, and life is not always fair. we all try to do the best we can, and thats what R.V. is attempting to do.

Yep, it was Russ Potts.

I always have three extra tickets that I can't seem to give away as it is.

Are the extra seats near you? That might explain some of it at least...just kidding, just kidding. It has been too long since I gave you a chance to shoot back at me with something. And, the political board has been so void of anything worth responding too lately I just thought it was time we stirred the pot a little.

I hope one day that you will be having a hard time keeping up with everyone who is asking for the tickets or who are trying to buy the tickets...AND, most importantly...thanks for supporting UNT with that ticket purchase!

• Upvote 1