Free 4 Tickets For Each MGC Member

Mean Green 93-98

How did this get 9 negative votes?

I gave it a +1!!!!

I think some people see the user name and click the -1 without ever reading the content of the post.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I agree, we need to keep our little club private and make sure the common folks can't use our benefits.

What a great idea, let's have the A.D. shut down the ticket office and just give out free tickets to anyone who wants. Do you think that's what they have in mind?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What a great idea, let's have the A.D. shut down the ticket office and just give out free tickets to anyone who wants. Do you think that's what they have in mind?

They ask for your name, email, and phone number so I am sure they will be checking to see who is a member and who isn't before just handing out tickets. And I'll even bet that a majority of the people who are on this board and active in the discussions are members so I don't see the problem in sharing the link.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

They ask for your name, email, and phone number so I am sure they will be checking to see who is a member and who isn't before just handing out tickets. And I'll even bet that a majority of the people who are on this board and active in the discussions are members so I don't see the problem in sharing the link.

I thought that this was obvious as well :huh:

It will be chilly.

The game doesn't matter to most in Denton, but they still have a great stadium to sell.

The more that see it this year, the more may come next year....when we are winning!

I, and I trust those who sell food in the concessions, would rather have butts in seat, even free butts, than buttless seats.

I think it is a worthwhile investment in the future.

GMG

They ask for your name, email, and phone number so I am sure they will be checking to see who is a member and who isn't before just handing out tickets.

So let's add administrative duties to the A.D. so they can sort through submissions to see who is actually MGC members. Obviously not intended nor planned for, since the link was only sent to MGC members. And then they can deal with irate folks who didn't understand that the offer is only for MGC members.

And I'll even bet that a majority of the people who are on this board and active in the discussions are members so I don't see the problem in sharing the link.

Someone doesn't have to be active in discussions or even registered on gmg.com to access the link. It's completely public. And while it is possible that the majority of active posters on the board are MGC members, the majority of viewers are not.

I just find it a little presumptuous to provide a public link when the MGC only provided it to members. That was apparently not their intent. Those who were supposed to receive the link received it elsewhere.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

So let's add administrative duties to the A.D. so they can sort through submissions to see who is actually MGC members. Obviously not intended nor planned for, since the link was only sent to MGC members. And then they can deal with irate folks who didn't understand that the offer is only for MGC members.

Someone doesn't have to be active in discussions or even registered on gmg.com to access the link. It's completely public. And while it is possible that the majority of active posters on the board are MGC members, the majority of viewers are not.

I just find it a little presumptuous to provide a public link when the MGC only provided it to members. That was apparently not their intent. Those who were supposed to receive the link received it elsewhere.

Whatever....if people can't read the easily discernible print then that is their own issue. Sending it to my GMAIL account (which I never check) was a surefire way for me and plenty of others to not have seen this email or taken the opportunity to act on it. I am sure that the AD feels fine with this being posted here since they want BUTTS IN THE SEATS. It's kinda like the old folks that show up to games when we change the time (or me last game) and complain that they were not told even though 1 singular email was sent to them. It is OUR collective job to spread any and all pertinent information through as many mediums as we can.

Since the offer was extended and emailed out to just about everyone who lives and or works in Denton County and their grandmothers I am not that worried about it. I think the A.D. has enough man power to handle any administrative duty that would be required for a promotion like this and that they have planned accordingly. The probably includes going through who is and isn't suppose to get free tickets.

I hope you are able to enjoy the game Saturday and that this promotion doesn't ruin the experience for you. I'll even give you a beer or let you play beer pong with us if it will help you relax. :)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Wow, four free tickets? And to think only a week ago one poster here who lives DEEP down in the south and makes the 750 mile round trip to make the games, who has donated tens of thousands to this program over the many years, and despite AD Dept officials handing out comped Club Seats like Halloween Tootsie Rolls every week, couldn't even get half off for a $75 empty seat for his three year old granddaughter for one game?

Rick

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 21

Wow, four free tickets? And to think only a week ago one poster here who lives DEEP down in the south and makes the 750 mile round trip to make the games, who has donated tens of thousands to this program over the many years, and despite AD Dept officials handing out comped Club Seats like Halloween Tootsie Rolls every week, couldn't even get half off for a $75 empty seat for his three year old granddaughter for one game?

Rick

You've gotten a lot of -1s here, but if what you type is even remotely accurate, then this should be rectified immediately by the AD. Talk about a great way to run off a big donor or two...

• Upvote 5