New UNT LB Commit Calvin Minor from Lewisville

H-towngreen

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

It happens all the time from my understanding. Kids get their scholarship offers pulled all the time. I am not saying it happens here very often, but if a kid doesn't perform on the field or in the classroom it probably should.

If it was done often, there would be no early committing at all. What would be the point?

• Upvote 2

If it was done often, there would be no early committing at all. What would be the point?

So that a school can be early on these kids. These kids can decommit just like the school can pull their offer. Nothing is final until they sign. Take Chase Walling for example. Once held an offer from K-State. They pulled the offer. He commits to us. SMU offers, he decommits from us and signs with them.

So that a school can be early on these kids. These kids can decommit just like the school can pull their offer. Nothing is final until they sign. Take Chase Walling for example. Once held an offer from K-State. They pulled the offer. He commits to us. SMU offers, he decommits from us and signs with them.

Offers are pulled all the time, commitments are not. NT has offered a great number of kids, means noting till the college verifies the offer is still open and the player accepts it.

"If anyone here thinks that after one year and a 5 win season that 4 & 5 star recruits are going to be flocking to UNT, you are NUTS!"

You can't spell NUTS without UNT.

Two years, a 7 win season; maybe 3 and 4 star recruits?

• Upvote 2

You've called this young man and the young man from Paris "deep deep diamond in the rough kinda guys" and "Sun Belt projects." Have you seen either of these young men play? Have you talked to their coaches? Do you make your living evaluating football talent? Just trying to figure out how you decided these guys are such projects.

you guys are being pretty rough on Green P1. have you talked to his coaches? do you make your living evaluting football talent?

I think he was basing his opinion on the 5 games played aspect of his career.

Hey guys, it's ok for people to have differing opinions from your own, but you don't have to blow them up about it. Everyone just chiiiilllllll!

• Upvote 1

I am underwhelmed at these selections. Not that I think that they'll fail it's just too early to be offering these athletes when there are proven athletes still available. Minor has played in five high school games; four of which he has started. He has height and speed but he does not have the weight nor do we know his quickness.

Speed works well on offense but on defense you also need to be quick. So while I'm impressed with his 220 time I can't tell if he was quick out of the blocks or he caught the field in the last twenty yards.

I would hope that moving up in conference would also allow us to move up in recruiting. These particular recruits would even be under Dickey's radar. The perception at this point is that we're not getting Duplessis, Hines or equals because if both accepted we'd be overstocked with linebackers. Even if both work out we are likely three years away from knowing their value.

I know that this combined board doesn't have a big fraction of the knowledge that our recruiting staff has but we have to sell donors and season ticket purchasers and a good way is to showcase our recruiting improvement. So far, we're not doing that. If these two are worthy keep them interested but offer them later.

You just made an excellent observation, and I agree completely. Some others have made the same observation, but get torn up. I don't get it.what you said is just common sense. That's why I like it. Let's stop busting out the annointing oils on guys that had 5 career starts, and now get a free ride to play for my beloved alma mater. I'm all for swinging for the fences just to see what might stick.Just my two cents, but I know 75% of the guys on here are former NFL coaches and really know football talent. So, I'll sit in the corner and praise anything positive they have to say. Thumbs up for everyone that likes every move made by the coaching staff, boooo hisss if you have any objections.

• Upvote 1

Hey there nay sayers...just wanted to let you know this "under the radar" recruit was just awarded the unanimous selection of 1st team all district. we'll keep you posted on the next round awards. -Smooches

Hey that's great news! Congratulations to him for this honor - that's a tough district.