GMG.COM 2nd Annual BB Game! March 31st 10AM

KRAM1

DRAFT IS COMPLETE: Thanks to both coaches for taking time to pick and thanks for the others who tuned in to make a comment r two here and there...here are the line-ups for this year's event...I really think we have a couple of pretty evenly matched teams this year...this si going to be fun!

WHITE TEAM:

unt88 - Coach

Lil b

bonfirebrian

bmac

MeanGreenSoHo

forevereagle

SHOSS

GreenStreet

meangreenacct

RUDY

UNT90 - allocated as a late scratch...may show up anyway...we'll be ready...hey, you can eneter the half-time half court shot, right?

GREEN TEAM:

Emmitt01 - Coach

ECHO

THOR

Smoothfresh

Shibby

GreenN'walinsVet

Harry

FloMoGrad

Grant.UNT

UNTFan23

NT03 - allocated as a late scratch...may still be able to show up...so we'll be ready

Let the trash talking begin....thanks again to all....

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

ECHO is in (if you'll have him)

IMG_20110410_163047.jpg

6'4", 235lbs

Will be wearing spandex under his shorts this year :ass:

Last year's BIO:

Played in HS and while in the Army, for the Post team. With the post team played games and in tournaments against D1 & D2 programs as well as JUCO's. Also had tournaments on post for intramural inter-league play.

Can play the 1-4. Was a slasher in HS with decent speed for size.

Ben_Dunk.jpg

For those of us who missed you being pantsed (but heard about it) ... and after seeing you play football ... I would be ok if you skipped the spandex to give us gals our money's worth ... think about it - it's for the cheerleaders. And, they certainly will appreciate it, too!

:) All kidding aside, we're looking forward to watching the game. I played post (I'm 5'2) for my JV 2A high school team 20-something years ago. I could always play and I could be the Washington Generals of the game. :)

Edited by ArmyOfMom
  • Upvote 3

For those of us who missed you being pantsed (but heard about it) ... and after seeing you play football ... I would be ok if you skipped the spandex to give us gals our money's worth ... think about it - it's for the cheerleaders. And, they certainly will appreciate it, too!

:) All kidding aside, we're looking forward to watching the game. I played post (I'm 5'2) for my JV 2A high school team 20-something years ago. I could always play and I could be the Washington Generals of the game. :)

And, that was me joking ... I'm really not going to try to play. Just wanted to add some comic relief.

• Upvote 1

And, that was me joking ... I'm really not going to try to play. Just wanted to add some comic relief.

Looking forward to having you with us for the game! For a second there I thought you actually were going to venture onto the court and play....would be A-OK!

I just had something come up . I'm not 100% sure I'll make it. I will not know for sure until the friday morning before. Kram I will still send you a check regardless. If anyone out there is on the fence about playing & can for sure make it to take my spot send me/Kram a pm and I'll gladly pay your fee for the game.

I am going to have to pass on the game this year, also. I was hoping my knee would be better by now, but it has not come along as I hadd hoped. KRAM, like NT03, I will get you a check for the entry fee. Please take me off the list.

DRAFT IS COMPLETE: Thanks to both coaches for taking time to pick and thanks for the others who tuned in to make a comment r two here and there...here are the line-ups for this year's event...I really think we have a couple of pretty evenly matched teams this year...this si going to be fun!

WHITE TEAM:

unt88 - Coach

Lil b

bonfirebrian

bmac

MeanGreenSoHo

forevereagle

SHOSS

GreenStreet

meangreenacct

RUDY

UNT90 - allocated as a late scratch...may show up anyway...we'll be ready...hey, you can eneter the half-time half court shot, right?

GREEN TEAM:

Emmitt01 - Coach

ECHO

THOR

Smoothfresh

Shibby

GreenN'walinsVet

Harry

FloMoGrad

Grant.UNT

UNTFan23

NT03 - allocated as a late scratch...may still be able to show up...so we'll be ready

Let the trash talking begin....thanks again to all....

This post has been promoted to an article

If anyone is interested in brushing up your skills..or (in my case) the lack there of. In Lake Dallas on Wednesday nights starting at 8pm Swisher Courts has open gym. There is a fee of $5 per person but the last few times I went there was a game going. There are 2 courts they us for basketball. If interested it is on Swisher road just before the new toll bridge in Lake Dallas.

• Upvote 2

I apologize if this is posted and I just overlooked it, but what is the length of the game? Are we playing 20 minute halves or 15 minute quarters?

Now you ask...just after I took the rules out of my briefcase and left them at home, but I can assure you that we will be playing QUARTERS.....some of these guys couldn't last if we played 20-min. halves...even with free substitutions...Ha!

Now...some of these guys could play 40-min halves without coming out....yep, book on it!

But, to protect the innocent, we will play quarters.....glad to have you with us!

Now you ask...just after I took the rules out of my briefcase and left them at home, but I can assure you that we will be playing QUARTERS.....some of these guys couldn't last if we played 20-min. halves...even with free substitutions...Ha!

Now...some of these guys could play 40-min halves without coming out....yep, book on it!

But, to protect the innocent, we will play quarters.....glad to have you with us!

Play NCAA Men's basketball rules. 2 20:00 halves, 35 second shot clock, 5 fouls (not Big East 6). You foul out you feel shame.

Date and location still the same: 3/31/12 @ UNT Volleyball Gym?

I did not see a cost to attend. If there isn't one I am willing to donate to the cause.

ABSOLUTELY...MARCH 31st - UNT VOLLEYBALL GYM at Mean Green Village...doors open at 10:00AM...tip off expected about 11:00AM...NO COST TO ATTEND...donations of any amount very much welcome and appreciated.

NCAA rules...well, I guess that lets everyone know you were not able to attend last year! Ha! That de-panting of ECHO would not have played well in the inner halls of the NCAA! The ladies attending are looking forward to a repeat and hoping that ECHO doesn't wear those spandex shorts under his gym shorts this year...just sayin.......

See you on the 31st...welcome!

• Upvote 1

If anyone is interested in brushing up your skills..or (in my case) the lack there of. In Lake Dallas on Wednesday nights starting at 8pm Swisher Courts has open gym. There is a fee of $5 per person but the last few times I went there was a game going. There are 2 courts they us for basketball. If interested it is on Swisher road just before the new toll bridge in Lake Dallas.

I just passed this on to ECHO - he's always looking for a game!

Raquel is always looking for a pick-up game too. Forewarned: she has a potty mouth and she likes to pick the biggest guy in the gym to "school". Off the court, she could be a first grade teacher. On the court, she's a _______.

Edited by literrific

I just passed this on to ECHO - he's always looking for a game!

Raquel is always looking for a pick-up game too. Forewarned: she has a potty mouth and she likes to pick the biggest guy in the gym to "school". Off the court, she could be a first grade teacher. On the court, she's a _______.

I think that pretty much says all you need to know about the passion with which these two play!

Looking forward to seeing both Satrurday.....

Game suked but a big thanks to Mark and whomever had anything to do with putting this together. It's great we can all come together to support something for this university.

I don't know anout you, but I thought it was a GREAT game.

• Upvote 1

How about a big thanks to KRAM and his wife, the cheerleaders our sponsors and everyone who made this such a fun and successful event!! What a great time we had -- it is so fun getting to meet everyone in person. This is a great tradition that I am proud to be a part of. GMG!

What a great time it was saturday...way too many people to thank....it could not have been done without the help and support of a lot of people within the Athletic dept and outside the athletic dept...BUT, without our players...it just doesn't happen! How about those great Cheer Squad students? Really fun having them with us and they worked very hard to help make the game a success.

Just the preliminary numbers are in, and I still have a good deal of "collecting" to do, but the preliminary results are showing at net proceeds from this game to the Cheer Squad of $2500.00! Better than last year, folks, and you know who you are who helped make this happen.

Several folks yesterday volunteered to help with next year's event already, and several ides were discussed as to how to make the game even bigger and better for next year...so.....stayed tuned! Thanks to everyone who helped to make this year's event a success....you know who you are....

What a fun day that was...if you missed it, plan on not missing it next year...you will be glad you were part of the "action".

Thanks all...on to the Flag football Game!

• Upvote 1

What a fun day that was...if you missed it, plan on not missing it next year...you will be glad you were part of the "action".

Since we will be in the final 4 go ahead and plan on moving the date back a little bit next year !!!

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1