Come to campus Saturday for a complete day of Mean Green Activities

Christopher Walker

So I know this is still the lull-ish months in our Mean Green Fandom, but if you have the availability to come to campus tomorrow (Saturday, the 22nd), there is going to be a full day of stuff going on for everyone's athletic tastes.

9:30 AM - Darrell Dickey Practice Fields - First Football Scrimmage

So, I just called Athletics to confirm (for the KRAM types :thumbsu: ) that yes, despite the weather forecast, tomorrow's scrimmage is still scheduled to move forward. As all Spring activities are open, come on out and join in the revelry along the side lines.

11:00 AM to 5:00 PM - Ken Bahnsen Gym aka THE SNAKE PIT - UNT Student Alumni Association Inaugural Field Gym Day

https://studentaffairs.unt.edu/field-day

Remember Field Days in elementary school? Come on, you know you loved those and long to do so again. So here's your chance! Join our Alumni Team captained by fellow GMG poster Tyler Maryak and compete against current students! Oh, and if you haven't heard, the SAA itself is run by our own lovely poster Michagb. The winning team will receive the coveted Golden Squirrel Trophy commemorating their contributions.

1948143_295651337249433_659604382_n.jpg

All monies from this event go towards various causes all benefitting students - the Alumni Team cause being direct scholarships.

Registration is $10 and gets you this snazzy shirt:

1614154_291896740958226_694830900_o.png

Oh and you don't have to participate but can still cheer on your designated team!

5:00 PM - NT Volleyball Center - 4th Annual GoMeanGreen.com Basketball Classic

http://www.gomeangreen.com/forums/forum-4/announcement-55-gomeangreencom-basketball-classic-march-22nd-5pm/

Come further contribute to student scholarships in GMG.com's tried and true Basketball Classic and Silent Auction. The recipients of these monies are UNT Cheerleading and they will be presenting a special preview at the halftime of the game.

Registration for this one is $25 and also gets you a snazzy shirt, though I don't where to link to find that one.

----

Come one come all!

vmacYR0.gif

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Wait. Were we at some point supposed to stop liking weed, women, and whiskey? I think I forgot to grow up.

Absolutely not, just not supposed to make stupid shit like that mascots. Justifies other schools ribbing us for silly crap like that trying to be weird.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Employers don't find it amusing.

I did not give you the -1, but please explain this comment with examples of employers who have stated that this is a problem or employers you have poof of turning folks down for positions based on this assumed "weirdness". As an Alumni Association we will want to reach out to these employers and discuss why they may prejudice our grads in such a way. Thanks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Tell that to our rapidly rising business program and the monument to it (BLB) funded by many DFW businesses.

Our reputation is getting better among the business community, hopefully NT can overcome the weird tag and continue improving its image. If not overall, at least the business and engineering depts.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

There's nothing wrong with the weird tag. As long as we have top notch liberal art programs and are located in Denton, it won't be going anywhere. I'd be pissed if we ended up like Tech or A&M and not seen as "weird." Being "weird" hasn't hurt UT. Your argument is flawed.

The weird tag is a factor in why I came here. And I do my best to further that atmosphere. You went to the wrong school if you don't like "weird."

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Our reputation is getting better among the business community, hopefully NT can overcome the weird tag and continue improving its image. If not overall, at least the business and engineering depts.

Hey, GreenMachine...did you see my earlier reply and request for some info on your comment regarding employers? Would appreciate a reply. That sort of comment is pretty telling, so we need to get to those employers, invite them to campus and clear that total misconception up. So, unless it was just nonsense, please provide the data to back up that comment with names and experience. Thanks so much. I promise you the Alumni Association folks will contact each and every employer who you mention that hold that "weirdness" you mention against our graduates in any way. Appreciate it.

• Upvote 1

Hey, GreenMachine...did you see my earlier reply and request for some info on your comment regarding employers? Would appreciate a reply. That sort of comment is pretty telling, so we need to get to those employers, invite them to campus and clear that total misconception up. So, unless it was just nonsense, please provide the data to back up that comment with names and experience. Thanks so much. I promise you the Alumni Association folks will contact each and every employer who you mention that hold that "weirdness" you mention against our graduates in any way. Appreciate it.

He won't reply because he knows it's a lie. Just by even thinking that, it's damaging our university's brand, IMO. Shameful, not true and and an ages old stereotype that doesn't hold up anymore.

EDIT: so, like a badass, just gonna go through and neg any post that isn't okay with thinking NT grads can't get jobs? Wow. Such edge

Edited by meangreener
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I simply said employers don't find it amusing. I did not state they have turned anybody down due to weirdness. On a regular basis you cut down people for their reading comprehension, maybe you should practice what you preach.

As far as proof, probably everybody here has heard the regular water cooler talk about various universities, usually about sports. Many people comment on NT being weird and its not thought of as a good thing. Different strokes for different folks.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

I simply said employers don't find it amusing. I did not state they have turned anybody down due to weirdness. On a regular basis you cut down people for their reading comprehension, maybe you should practice what you preach.

As far as proof, probably everybody here has heard the regular water cooler talk about various universities, usually about sports. Many people comment on NT being weird and its not thought of as a good thing. Different strokes for different folks.

So then name one employer who has mentioned that UNT is weird. You know, a top official whose opinion means something having mentioned in some way that UNT is weird and that might be a problem. Your post indicated it might be a problem with employers...don't try to squeeze out now since someone asked you for some proof of that nonsense of a comment. It was posted as a potential problem with employees. Just asking you to either put up or stop the nonsense. Having been in the world of employment over forty years and having been associated with many different business leaders, I have NEVER heard one bad mouth UNT for the quality of its programs or graduates. Nor has anyone mentioned any sort of "weirdness".

I'll wait for your substantial proof should you have any. I am fully prepared to contact each and every employer you mention to discuss this with them in order that this so-called "weirdness" might not impact our graduates at their place of business. You would be more than welcome to accompany me on said visit should you wish.

And...cooler talk is not "employer talk". You said "employers". Had you said "cooler talk"....great...probably agree with you there. So, employers or simply cooler talk? Big difference, yes?

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

So then name one employer who has mentioned that UNT is weird. You know, a top official whose opinion means something having mentioned in some way that UNT is weird and that might be a problem. Your post indicated it might be a problem with employers...don't try to squeeze out now since someone asked you for some proof of that nonsense of a comment. It was posted as a potential problem with employees. Just asking you to either put up or stop the nonsense. Having been in the world of employment over forty years and having been associated with many different business leaders, I have NEVER heard one bad mouth UNT for the quality of its programs or graduates. Nor has anyone mentioned any sort of "weirdness".

I'll wait for your substantial proof should you have any. I am fully prepared to contact each and every employer you mention to discuss this with them in order that this so-called "weirdness" might not impact our graduates at their place of business. You would be more than welcome to accompany me on said visit should you wish.

And...cooler talk is not "employer talk". You said "employers". Had you said "cooler talk"....great...probably agree with you there. So, employers or simply cooler talk? Big difference, yes?

You are the first person I have ever put on ignore. You are exactly what people think of when they think weird.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

You are the first person I have ever put on ignore. You are exactly what people think of when they think weird.

Excellent...you just answered the question....it was an off the wall nonsense post based in absolutely zero reality. You got called on it and now you just want to take your ball and go home. Good. Maybe you will think a bit more before posting such ridiculously inane garbage about UNT.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

Nope, haven't encountered that. What I usually get is people who know almost nothing about the school and don't have an opinion either way. Never heard someone refer to UNT as weird.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1