Watch Coach Mac dance the fight song at the end of the video

Tree

Hilarious. He is so white:

Go to 8:15 in the video and watch the next contestant on dancing with the stars.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Yeah - I get this pisses people off, but I'd be willing to bet that just about any school in the country when sang by the student body, has altered lyrics. Are you guys kidding me with the "off on a tagent" on this? Be EXCITED they actually sang the fight song! This sounds bad, but when Mac looks at Trice and tells him to start the fight song, I was worried he was gonna shrug his shoulders. I was SO impressed he KNOWS it! Nothing at all against Trice, I'm just saying that as little as 10-15 years ago I guarantee nobody on the football team would have known the lyrics to the fight song. Speaks volumes about school pride.

I tended bar down on Fry in the mid to late 90's and would often challenge a random customer to sing our fight song. If they could do it I promised to buy their drinks all night. Never had to buy a single drink for anyone. So your point about FB players not knowing the song 10-15 years ago carries weight with me. Now I bet Id have to buy a few drinks. Things have changed and are changing. We will get to the top of this mountain.

• Upvote 3

I note that you felt you had to disguise the "eat $3!%!" rather than use the exact word.

That is exactly what I was hoping would occur.

If you have to disguise the language on a fan board because it is inappropriate, don't you also think that same language is inappropriate used as part of student chants........and especially as part of the university fight song?

Exhibiting "class" is timeless - I can curse with the best of 'em, but not at the top of my lungs and not in a public location - and CERTAINLY not while singing the university fight song.

But I guess it is to each his own - but it is pretty classless.

This...exactly this! Very well stated. Everyone who thinks yelling foul language is "cool" should think about just what you posted.

Funny? I'd say stupid and/or disrespectful. Maybe I'm just too old, but I think this is a dumb tradition some of the students have started up and thinking it's funny is on par with 2nd graders giggling on the playground because someone said poo poo. IMO.

Right there with you. Classless and disrespectful to our own school.

Two things stand out to me about this video:

1)It is awesome that the team sang the fight song and knew the words well enough that I could make them out and didn't just hear garbled humming. And who was in the middle of the pack leading them? A guy who transferred from Oklahoma...and has taken it upon himself to show pride in where he IS!! Many students could learn from this.

2)I love that the entire defense runs to the ball. None of this standing around and watching one guy make the tackle, everyone joins in to clean it up!!!

• Upvote 1