North Tailgate Area

UNTflyer

299800_10100311572328590_23932973_49127158_155146_n.jpg

Zone 1 - This is clearly the prime spot. Lots of shade trees, very close to the stadium and the alumni pavillion. Hopefully we will be able to figure out a way to get great tailgate gear in there. If the old Radisson lots are used as a drop zone, this should not be a problem.

Downside - because this is a dense area of trees, I wonder if grilling will be prohibited like it is at the Grove. The Grove does not allow open flames, propane tanks, or generators. But I have heard that the policy on charcoal grills is ambiguous and loosely enforced. Rough terrain may make it difficult to bring in heavy equipment like generators and televisions.

Zone 2 - Another prime spot, but as of now it is not confirmed that tailgating will be allowed in this area. Accesible from the Blue/Red lots, but I think there is a slope there. The pathway will make it easy to roll generators or grills into the area. This is clearly intended to be a high traffic area. Possible location of the player march?

Zone 3 and 4 - Zone 3 is close to the proposed drop zone. This is a great spot for a tent city. I imagine if any vendors like Budwesier set up, this will be the place. I think it may also be a good spot for the old gameday village tents. Zone 4 is close to the Red/Blue parking and is located between the pathways. That thick line of trees should offer shade all day long as we move through the fall and the sun drops lower in the sky.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Flyer thank you VERY MUCH for putting the work into these diagrams. They are just what the doctor ordered and we appreciate it!

you better keep those diagrams north and stay off southside... zone 2 is getting dangerously close to my turf

Boy, that escalated quickly... I mean, that really got out of hand fast.

• Upvote 1

you better keep those diagrams north and stay off southside... zone 2 is getting dangerously close to my turf

images3.jpg

Just hit the east side of the Mean Green Hill,

on a mission try'n to find Mr. Villareal.

Seen a tent full of fans and a charcoal grill,

All you folks know it's time to hook me up with a meal.

• Upvote 4

Just hit the east side of the Mean Green Hill,

on a mission try'n to find Mr. Villareal.

Seen a tent full of fans and a charcoal grill,

All you folks know it's time to hook me up with a meal.

Mean... Green... We brings,

Chicken Wings.

• Upvote 3

So I hooks a left on the 35 and Bonnie

Some brothas cookin' veil so I said "Make it creole"

I jumped out the ride,

And said "What's up?"

Some brothas pulled some Tony's so I said "That's the stuff"

• Upvote 5

Isn't zone 1 on an incline? I seem to remember that being steep when checking out the Alumni Pavilion.

Yes it is on an incline. The view of the stadium is tremendous but there is very little level ground in that area.