Louisiana State (12/22/11)

NT03

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

My goodness... its like people have not watched basketball in 10 years!!! the 2-3 zone is what you utilize to shut down the three. If we put a body on number 41 we would have boarded better... We did not give up an open 3 in the 2-3 zone and forced 2 turnover! Number 41 did rebound when we went zone but if he can board over 3 men in the paint what do you expect against one man!?!?

Im very confused by the master of basketball... 2-3 zone is used to shut down the perimeter??? Im not a genius like skiver or anything but im pretty sure thats the weakness of the 2-3 zone. But we cant be wrong because skiver knows everything about basketball.

By the way does it look like skiver created a new userid to give him +1's... they were all +2...:blink:

• Upvote 3

Who ever said I know everything...? I do have common sense and have been around (watching) the game for 20 years. I enjoy watching it played on all levels from middle school to the pros. I have seen what has worked and what has not worked. I am pretty sure multiple other people have said the 2-3 zone is successful at defending the three as are many defenses. In the end it really all depends on the athletes you have on your team. I am not getting it... do you not find it curious that after all of this talk about defending the three that coach runs the 2-3 zone? I am sue we will see other defensive looks as the season goes on and find ways to be most productive with what we have...

Along with those crucial T/O's by CJ and JW, we lost the game because we got killed on the offensive boards. I suspect we'll have trouble against big teams all year. Unless of course we can just plain start shooting the ball at a decent percentage and out score the opponent.

• Upvote 2

My goodness... its like people have not watched basketball in 10 years!!! the 2-3 zone is what you utilize to shut down the three. If we put a body on number 41 we would have boarded better... We did not give up an open 3 in the 2-3 zone and forced 2 turnover! Number 41 did rebound when we went zone but if he can board over 3 men in the paint what do you expect against one man!?!?

Not to sound harsh here but this may be the most ridiculous thing I have ever read on here. You use the 2-3 zone to shut down the 3???? Even though in a 2-3 zone you give up open three after open three and if the other team hits a couple you promptly get out of it. I like the zone as a different look but I hated it last night, I thought we were doing fine in man to man.

lol, what is with all the hate and you sending me messages and stuff? I posted what I believe would work...

Why would anyone give you a +1 for that.... you said nothing intelligent...

Kinda strange how that post was deleted... I think i caught him red handed

Edited by Dr. Seuss
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1