GMG.COM FLAG FOOTBALL GAME-APRIL 21st

KRAM1

gallery_1_23_48009.jpg

BREAKING NEWS...Just got the official word that we are GOOD TO GO with the next edition of the GMG.Com Flag Football Game being played before the Spring Game AT APOGEE this year!!!!!

We will kick-off at 10:00AM to make sure all is clear for the spring game set-up!!!!!

This is great news, and I really appreciate Rick Villarreal and the Athletic Dept. folks going to bat for us to make this happen. FIRST GMG.COM FLAG FOOTBALL GAME AT APOGEE!!!!!! Day of the Spring Game...how cool is that????

April 21st...10:00AM...

As always, proceeds will benefit the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship fund through the UNT Athletic department. Player fee remains $25.00.

YES, I know this comes right on the heels of our GMG.Com Basketball II Classic...and, yes, I know I'll be asking you guys to step up once again with donations, playing fees and auction items, but, hey...it's the GMG.Com Flag Football Game and it's at APOGEE no less!

Who's in??????? Let get this thing rockin'

May need some help in staging this one as it comes so close after the Basketball game and time is short, but, that's no hill for a climber and we can make this happen...

THANKS RV and Company....

Come on folks...it's gonna be crazy and great!

If you think you might could help with this event in some way just PM me....OK, lots more to follow, but wanted to get this great news out ASAP!!!!!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I hate to do this, but I have to back out of the game. I have a family commitment that morning I forgot about. Keep me in for the $25 and shirt though.

OK, we'll order you a shirt...PM me and I'll let you know where you can mail the check...sorry that you can't make it. Appreciate the donation.....we will miss you!

:beerhat: JUST GOT THE WORD...since we are playing at Apogee this year ...ABSOLUTELY NO ALCOHAL OF ANY KIND IS ALLOWED ON THE FIELD ON IN THE STANDS OR ON THE SIDELINES DURING OUR FLAG FOOTBALL GAME!

So, get there early and stay late after the game tailgating...just like we all do at our regular Mean green home games....

Hey, I don't make the rules...I just follow them. Let's all "play nice" and make sure we abide by this rule. Really shouldn't hurt...much...except for me as I am not a player and always enjoyed a cold one on the sidelines while watching all you guys sweat! Well, may not even sweat that much this year as we are playing so much earlier in the year and earlier in the morning...heck, at 10:00AM, we should not even miss it, right? OK, sorry i mentioned that last part!

:judge::startle:

booo...gonna be some old school rushing to the car during halftime to down some beer. this rule will have great impact on my playing capabilities...and not in a good way! guess i'm just gonna have to drink waaaaaaay before game time!

booo...gonna be some old school rushing to the car during halftime to down some beer. this rule will have great impact on my playing capabilities...and not in a good way! guess i'm just gonna have to drink waaaaaaay before game time!

Ha! You know...I thought of you the instant I got the word that beer was out at Apogee! Just start early and run to the car at half-time...Ha! Just think how good they will taste AFTER the game!

Im In.

Name: Merle

Height: 6'4

Weight: A slim 285

Speed: I was an O-lineman, need I say more

Shirt Size: XXL

Looking forward to playing.

MERLE...great to have you...got you down....how about contacting some of your buddies and encourage them to sign up as well? Players needed and encouraged! This is going to be special as it will take place at Apogee for the first time...thanks for playing.

Edited by KRAM1

Ha! You know...I thought of you the instant I got the word that beer was out at Apogee! Just start early and run to the car at half-time...Ha! Just think how good they will taste AFTER the game!

i'm going to waste all my energy running to the car at halftime to drink...damn it!!!

I'm in.

Height: 5'11"

Weight: 145

Age 33:

Speed: Unlisted

Shirt Size: Large

WAY COOL...welcome to the game...really happy to have you back again...wouldn't be a game without you there! Thanks...you are always there to support these projects..you are appreciated, Sir!

• Upvote 1

Of course I am in just need to make it official...

UNT88

6'3"

XXL

I was the center last year for the winning team....if there is no need for me to center my game is receiver and linebacker

still think I can run but but each year it fells like the ground is getting softer..more and more like quick sand.

SIGN-UP DEADLINE...FRIDAY - APRIL 6th at 4:00PM - (Central Time)

I know that's QUICK folks...actually this coming Friday, but there is lots to do and the screen printers need time to get the shirts printed....

PLEASE...sign-up now and post your stats and t-shirt size...got to get this roll....AND

PLEASE contact anyone else you know who might want to participate in this year's game.....we still need players!!!!

• Upvote 1

I'm in again...

Height: 5 10'

Weight: 225

Speed: None

Skills: Last time I played competitive football was 8 grade. Also I would use the terms "played" and "competitive" loosely. Use that information how you please!

Got you down...looking forward to having you with us. Also...thanks for your support of our GMG.Com BB game this last Saturday as well...my wife and I really enjoyed chatting with you guys after the game at Metzler's as well. Really appreciate all your support for these events and for UNT and the Mean Green!

• Upvote 1

I'm in again...

Height: 5 10'

Weight: 225

Speed: None

Skills: Last time I played competitive football was 8 grade. Also I would use the terms "played" and "competitive" loosely. Use that information how you please!

remember...don't wear red on your shorts to the football game...

• Upvote 1

Thanks NT03 and All about UNT...really glad to have you guys "in" for the game. Thanks for the support.

In addition, we have HUT ALLRED signed up. Played during the '94 - '97 years, so plenty of game left. In addition, Hut is with New Wave Fitness and he has agreed to help sponsor the event!

So, let's hear it for Hut and New Wave Fitness! Really appreciate the support!

newwavebanner1.gif

gallery_1_82_29579.jpg

• Upvote 1

Folks we have added...drum roll please...Terrence "Tubby" Coleman to the list of players! getting better and better and more fun all the time...come on folks...you do not want to miss this...sign up NOW!

Remember...player sign up deadline is THIS FRIDAY at 4PM!

• Upvote 1

Folks we have added...drum roll please...Terrence "Tubby" Coleman to the list of players! getting better and better and more fun all the time...come on folks...you do not want to miss this...sign up NOW!

Remember...player sign up deadline is THIS FRIDAY at 4PM!

Awesome. Outside of maybe booger , this is probably my favorite all time mean green player ! Played against him a few times during high school on the hardwood . Was also a very good hooper

Edited by NT03
  • Upvote 1

NEW PLAYER ADDED.......HEATH MOODY.....come on now folks, this is getting better and better every day...you don't want to miss this one. Welcome Heath. We are really happy to have you participating this year...First year t play at Apogee!

Adding some player Info:

HUT ALLRED:

Forty Time: 3.9

Bench Press: 550 lbs

Vertical: 45 inches

Squat: 995 lbs.

TUBBY COLEMAN:

Forty: 5.9

Bench Press: 135lbs

Vertical: 15 inches

Squat: "Tubby can't squat anymore"

OK, can anyone guess which of the two above forwarded the stats to me for posting????? :thumbsu:

I am telling you folks...this is going to be fun! BE THERE! Be part of it!

This is awesome to have two great players like Hut and Tubby to take part in this!! I hear more may be participating as well.. Guys and gals - and you know who you are - that are sitting on the fence out there, please consider signing up to participate in this game. We could use some more players and it's going to be a lot of fun. This is a chance to say you balled on Apogee - not many can say that right now and I think it will be a great memory for all of us. I hope that some of you who are considering participating will bite the bullet. Also, KRAM does so much for these events, it would be great if we could get a couple of volunteers to step up and lend a hand as well. April 21st will be a great day for Mean Green fans and we hope that you will start it early with us! GMG!

PS - need to get some more ladies signed up as well!!