Example of Daily Workout Report for Winter Workouts

All About UNT

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

This just in from Coach Wintrich

"A blitz is a 15-20 minute extra training session that is done voluntarily. Guys have the option of using this time to bring up "improvement areas" or things they struggle with. Typically we use this time to help our players with their flexibility and strengthening areas they have injured in the past. We also use Blitzes to work on lifting technique. Players receive .5 points in our competition for a blitz. Guys also can use this time to do some things they enjoy, like biceps, abs, etc. "Treat" is short for "Treatment" and represents a player taking time to get a treatment in the training room under the supervision of one of our ATC's. Treatment is worth .25 points in our competition. Buyers and Renger are both currently with the program, on the roster and are walk-on. Renger was with us in the Fall, Buyers just transferred in this semester."

I assume that since you use the word "our" in your description of the off season program, you are a staff person of some sort.

Buyer transferred from where? Is he eligible to play this fall?

• Downvote 1

I assume that since you use the word "our" in your description of the off season program, you are a staff person of some sort.

Buyer transferred from where? Is he eligible to play this fall?

I think we was providing a direct quote from the coach.

Buyers looks like he could be our next "hitman".

So, after the signing day event, a former player and myself walked over to the weight room with Coach Wintrich. He was such a nice guy. He walked my buddy through the daily program and how people get positive or negative ratings for each day. We also got an up close and personal look at that little statue.

He told us about the strongest guy on the team(apparently a walk on DT that is probably too short, but benches over 400 and squats well over 600). He suggested this kid might being a good fullback. We'll see about playing time though.

Coach Wintrich seems very impressive. He has a great system, and those videos are great publicity/insight into what it takes to be a D1 football player. I had always assumed they had epic workouts, but man is it cool to see these young men tearing it up every day in the offseason. What a great marketing tool, in my opinion.

I highly recommend talking with Coach Wintrich. Not only is he a nice guy, but I just try to imagine that guy motivating you day in and day out. I'd bet he could squeeze water from a rock.

Go Mean Green!

Other new names...

DB. Allen

WR. J. White

DB. D. Johnson (I'm assuming D.Q., good to see our JUCO already enrolled if that's who this is)

DB. Campbell

RB. Monroe (I'm guessing Charles...he was a walk-on with good size a few years back)

DB. Igboli

Anyone have any info on these kids?

He told us about the strongest guy on the team(apparently a walk on DT that is probably too short, but benches over 400 and squats well over 600). He suggested this kid might being a good fullback. We'll see about playing time though.

That's Michael Lander...he was an international power-lifting champion, or some-such.