UNT Picks Up Commitment No. 2: Rod Lancaster

Brett Vito

I have yet to get him on the phone, but I did pick up confirmation from Rod Lancaster's grandmother, his current head coach and his former high school coach that he has committed to UNT.

He plays for Life School in Oak Cliff.

He's is about 6-2, 200, and is a big weight room guy who has improved his stock since he was a sophomore.

Lancaster has been an all-district selection in each of the last two years and really put himself on UNT's radar at one of the team's summer camps. Lancaster ran a 4.4 and a 4.5 40 in his two attempts. He then went head-to-head with one of UNT's top defensive back targets and won that battle five straight times.

CLICK HERE TO READ DRC FULL ARTICLE

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

What is the earliest we have gotten 2 recruits? I know Dodge was never an early recruiting guy and hopefully this is just the beginning of a year round recruiting cycle.

In the '08 class, Dodge had 4 recruits (Lance Dunbar, Troy Franklin, Willie Taylor, and Darien Williams) by the preceding June 11th.