GMG.COM FLAG FOOTBALL GAME-APRIL 21st

KRAM1

gallery_1_23_48009.jpg

BREAKING NEWS...Just got the official word that we are GOOD TO GO with the next edition of the GMG.Com Flag Football Game being played before the Spring Game AT APOGEE this year!!!!!

We will kick-off at 10:00AM to make sure all is clear for the spring game set-up!!!!!

This is great news, and I really appreciate Rick Villarreal and the Athletic Dept. folks going to bat for us to make this happen. FIRST GMG.COM FLAG FOOTBALL GAME AT APOGEE!!!!!! Day of the Spring Game...how cool is that????

April 21st...10:00AM...

As always, proceeds will benefit the Andrew Smith Memorial Scholarship fund through the UNT Athletic department. Player fee remains $25.00.

YES, I know this comes right on the heels of our GMG.Com Basketball II Classic...and, yes, I know I'll be asking you guys to step up once again with donations, playing fees and auction items, but, hey...it's the GMG.Com Flag Football Game and it's at APOGEE no less!

Who's in??????? Let get this thing rockin'

May need some help in staging this one as it comes so close after the Basketball game and time is short, but, that's no hill for a climber and we can make this happen...

THANKS RV and Company....

Come on folks...it's gonna be crazy and great!

If you think you might could help with this event in some way just PM me....OK, lots more to follow, but wanted to get this great news out ASAP!!!!!

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

New Player Sign-Up.....we have KELLY RAMSEY in the house! Thanks, Kelly...and as for stats on Kelly...I am not commenting but I think there is something going on here with Hut, Tubby and Kelly...Kelly's stats reported to be:

6'0"

205 lbs

Forty Time: 3.7

Bench: 555 lbs

Vertical: 47 inches

Squat: 997 lbs

Hmmmmmmmmm...all seem to be a bit "better" than those posted for Hut! GREATNESS! :goodjob:

COACHES ANNOUNCED!!!!!! PLAYER DRAFT TIME/DATE SET!!!!

GREEN TEAM COACH: HARRY

WHITE TEAM COACH: ALL About UNT

Thanks a bunch guys, this helps move us along a good bit.....

PLAYER DRAFT: 3:00PM - SATURDAY APRIL 7th in the GMG.Com Chat Room!

Everyone is welcome to "attend" the draft...and, as often happens, to try a little smack talking and post a few "comments" regarding selections and teams. The more the merrier in this thing, so if you have the chance...come out and be part of the draft.

And....I just flipped the coin in the presence of two witnesses...our first pick in this year's draft will go to.........

ALL About UNT!

See everyone Saturday in the Chat Room for the draft!

Still time to sign up to play...right now we have SEVEN confirmed former players with more on the way...abnd as Harry said...LADIES...WHERE ARE YOU? The ladies of GMG.Com and have made great contributions to both the quality and enjoyment experienced during past games...so, let's not make 2012 the first all-male event. Ladies...wives...girlfriends...come on....sign up! YOU are MORE than welcome!

• Upvote 1

KEITH CHAPMAN IS IN THE HOUSE!!!!!

I am sure everyone will recall the great Keith Chapman and the punts he made that pinned the opposing team down inside their own 5 yard line! Greatness!

Maybe Keith can be the "designated punter for both teams...Ha! Welcome aboard, Keith...really glad to have you in the game!

:goodjob:

• Upvote 1

I'm in.

3 or 4 time GMG.com Bowl player. Good zone D. Solid hands. You know, like stone.

6'0"

185lbs.

If my feet ran as fast as my mouth I'd be an All-Star.

Can we smoke cigars while the ball is in play?

I am going to say "yes" regarding the cigars...might be better to just say "yes" and ask questions later on that one! Thanks for the updated bio adman!

• Upvote 1

I am going to say "yes" regarding the cigars...might be better to just say "yes" and ask questions later on that one! Thanks for the updated bio adman!

damn it! you shouldn't have asked about the beer then!!! smokers get all the rights!!!

• Upvote 1

Welcome meangreendrew....got you down. Thanks for the support...see you on the 21st. You may just be one of the few acually in "playing shape"...Ha!

97and03...got you down as an IR sign-up! Can always use some help. Who knows...you might even slip in for a play or two....glad to have you...gimpped up or not! Appreciate the support...see you on the 21st!

Edited by KRAM1

JARED VAUGHN is back for another go this year as well...."Shibby" for those who just participated in the GMG.Com BB game last Saturday! Welcome Back SHIBBY!!!

6'1"

190 lbs

Not as fast but fast enough and will come to play! You know how it goes, right? I may not be as good as I once was, but I'm as good once as I ever was! OK, I'm talking about Shibby's spped here folks...what were you thinking I was talking about????? :gym::sword:

• Upvote 1

PIERCE REID is in the game!

We all recall Pierce for last year's game...the guy has hands and has some speed...so, look out P. Reid is BACK!

Pierce has also agreed to provide some golf packages for the silent auction like he did last year. The golf packages were big hits and helped us raise a good bit of change for the scholarship...so thank you, Pierce for both playing and supporting our scholarship efforts once again. We look forward to having you with us again this year!

• Upvote 2

Draft took place just as posted it would at 3PM yesterday in the GMG.Com Chat room...we have a few visitors so "stealth" it was not! Ha! I will post the teams in a new thread.

Just a tad busy yesterday afternoon to spend any more time on this project...sorry...other projects also need attention...player list will be up within 10 minutes!

• Upvote 1

Anyone else notice that the Athletic Department's Ad in the Denton Record Chronicle that lists spring game day activities had the GMG.Com flag football game at 10:00AM listed as one of the day's events????? Way cool.

That's really great, and is some nice PR for the event.....the support we are getting from the athletic department for our FB and BB events is simply OUTSTANDING!

And...it is VERY much appreciated!

:goodjob::thumbsu:

EDIT: You are kidding me! I'd sure like to know who the "grumpy old man" or person was that could -1 the above comment. Some folks really do need to get a life...sad state of affairs here...obviously the person who did it does not have the "you know what's" to identify himself. Amazing...simply amazing.

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1