GMG.COM 2nd Annual BB Game! March 31st 10AM

KRAM1

DRAFT IS COMPLETE: Thanks to both coaches for taking time to pick and thanks for the others who tuned in to make a comment r two here and there...here are the line-ups for this year's event...I really think we have a couple of pretty evenly matched teams this year...this si going to be fun!

WHITE TEAM:

unt88 - Coach

Lil b

bonfirebrian

bmac

MeanGreenSoHo

forevereagle

SHOSS

GreenStreet

meangreenacct

RUDY

UNT90 - allocated as a late scratch...may show up anyway...we'll be ready...hey, you can eneter the half-time half court shot, right?

GREEN TEAM:

Emmitt01 - Coach

ECHO

THOR

Smoothfresh

Shibby

GreenN'walinsVet

Harry

FloMoGrad

Grant.UNT

UNTFan23

NT03 - allocated as a late scratch...may still be able to show up...so we'll be ready

Let the trash talking begin....thanks again to all....

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Put me in coach!

5'7 American-Iranian baller who likes to compare himself to Ali Faroukmanesh on the court despite not having played basketball in approximately 4 years!

Medium shirt please, Kram.

Got you down, Sir...happy to have you back for round two. Now, go grad BonfireBrian and twist his arm to sign up as well.....he was a "player" in last year's game as well! Got you down for the medium shirt...thanks for the support!

EDIT; Brain freeze...BonfireBrian is in and has been in for sometime...sorry Brian...I got ya!

Edited by KRAM1

Mark,

Signing up for "lil b" - birth name is James.

6'6 (played at Indiana State)

xxl Shirt.

Brian

Got it, Brian...looks like ECHO will have some competition...let's do this! Thanks, and welcome to "lil b"...happy to have you!

EMMITT01 is in and he will serve as one of our coaches again this year!

Do we go with "Chocolate Thunder" or what this year? :thumbsu:

Thanks, Emmitt, happy to have you back and thanks for agreeing to coach once again! get ready for that player draft!!! Players...want to be on Emmitt's team? Now is your time to start lobbying...our second coach will be named shortly...we have someone "considering it"....waiting for the response....Remember, Coaches draft their players. There is an advantage to being a coach....yes? YES!

REMINDER: Last day to sign-up to play is FRIDAY, March 16th.

Hey, just noticed the addition of $25 to our PayPal site in support of the Cheer Squad. Thanks to whomever made that donation. At this time I do not know who the generous person is, but I thank you none the less. Great to see the additional support for the Cheer Squad coming in...very much appreciated.

THANK YOU!

RUMOR HAS IT THAT NT03 will be signing up for a return performance....welcome back...glad to have you back for year 2.

Just for entertainment purposes I was hoping the game would be today around 1 pm :P

Yes , I will grace you all with my presense once again this year. Not sure how much I'll play , depending on how well the knees hold up , but I will be there. Do we have another coach besides emmitt ? I can't remember who the other one was last season

I will probably mail you my $25 , plus a little donation as well. Just PM your add , even tho I think I know it (not because I stalk you , but because it's part of my job to know!)

Thanks again for doing this for the Cheer Squad

Just for entertainment purposes I was hoping the game would be today around 1 pm :P

Yes , I will grace you all with my presense once again this year. Not sure how much I'll play , depending on how well the knees hold up , but I will be there. Do we have another coach besides emmitt ? I can't remember who the other one was last season

I will probably mail you my $25 , plus a little donation as well. Just PM your add , even tho I think I know it (not because I stalk you , but because it's part of my job to know!)

Thanks again for doing this for the Cheer Squad

Glad to have you "officially "in" again this year and really thanks for the additional help with the donation...VERY much appreciated. I'll send you the address in a PM...

WE HAVE OUR TWO COACHES FOR THE GAME...

EMMITT01 and unt88

Let the draft lobbying begin...we'll set up a time through the GMG.Com board for the player draft...so, anyone interested can "tune in" and watch the draft "live"...maybe we can get ESPN to televise it! IT IS that significant, right?

Thanks to both Emmitt01 and unt88 for stepping up and agreeing to be our coaches this year....much appreciated.

Still time to sign up folks and we can use more players...don't want to run a few of the "old war horses" we have down as they try to catch up to ECHO and lil b.......

This is going to be fun..several silent auction items have been pledged and promised as well...so get those bids ready!!! Fun day ahead...

We have two referees as well...Raquel Cuffie and Troy Kokjohn...more to follow.....thanks Raquel for returning for year two and thanks to Troy for venturing out for his first referee job....you are both very much appreciated!

Hey, folks...don't know how many games left on the schedule, but Raquel is playing this year for the TWU Pioneers...if you get a chance...venture over to TWU and catch Raquel in action...if it's not already too late!

REFEREE UPDATE...I have just been told that JACOB HOLMEN has agreed to help by being a referee for our game! Since Jacob is still a Junior and has a year of eligibility left I am going to have to check to make certain he can ref for us...everyone playing and setting up the game are considered "Boosters" under NCAA rules, so we don't want to do ANYTHING that might have a negative effect on Jacob. Great that he is OK with helping us, and I hope it's OK, but will definitely check....

• Upvote 2

if it is not to late there is going to be a possible late entry. He has not confirmed this with the boss but he wanted to inform us that he may be interested. So I will sign him up as a may but still not confirmed.

screen name - shoss

6'3

260(+-)

xxl shirt.

Inside gamer, might have a few outside shots under the belt.

No where near too late to sign up...WELCOME SHOSS! Deadline to sign-up is 4PM on FRIDAY, March 16th. Bring 'em on!

Thanks unt88...much appreciated, and again, welcome SHOSS!

Still room for players...it's getting better and better every day folks...several items have been donated or promised for the silent auction and we are busy lining up sponsors and ad sales. The Cheer Squad is working on new sponsorships, ad sales and auction items, so let me know if you can buy and ad (prices start as low as $25, sponsor the event or part of it (sponsorships start at $50 and include a 1/4 page ad) or if you want to donate an item for the silent auction. We can use help with any/all of the above...including more players.

Thanks to all for the support to date...you folks are fantastic!

• Upvote 1

Hey Kram,

Sign me up plus 1. Details listed below. Thanks!

Shibby:

6'1

190 lbs.

Shirt M

Former UNT Athlete

Basketball Skills: More known for Defense than Offense. Think Ron Artest before the World Peace.

BMac:

6'3

205 lbs.

Shirt XL

Former High School All District player

Basketball Skills: Can play in the paint and/or shoot a 28ft. 3-pointer. Pretty well rounded but not the fastest out there.

Were both still actively playing in Basketball leagues that are way too competitive for people our age. Please note that doesn't mean playing well. See you out there....

Edited by Shibby

Hey Kram,

Sign me up plus 1. Details listed below. Thanks!

Shibby:

6'1

190 lbs.

Shirt M

Former UNT Athlete

Basketball Skills: More known for Defense than Offense. Think Ron Artest before the World Peace.

BMac:

6'3

205 lbs.

Shirt XL

Former High School All District player

Basketball Skills: Can play in the paint and/or shoot a 28ft. 3-pointer. Pretty well rounded but not the fastest out there.

Were both still actively playing in Basketball leagues that are way too competitive for people our age. Please note that doesn't mean playing well. See you out there....

Shibby...EXCELLENT...got you and BMac down and appreciate your support for this event...and WELCOME to the GMG.Com board. Very happy to have you both...looking forward to seeing you and meeting you both on game day! I'll be easy to find...I'll be the one trying to run herd on this bunch of cats!

Folks, it's getting better and better....thanks to all. I really am looking forward to seeing everyone on the 31st.

Count me in....

Shirt size: XL

6'2" white guy trapped in a white man's body. Don't think I've played since last year's game, but I still got mad skillz. Undefeated all-time in GMG.com basketball contests. I've been training for a half marathon, so if there is one thing I can do, it's run up and down the court for the whole game.

Me thinks you ma learn that running long distances does nothing to prepare you to be in basketball shape.

But, then again, niether does hanging out on the couch.

Looks like we both are in trouble :-)

Edited by UNT90

Click on the photos of some of our Cheer Squad members and their coach in the Gallery here on GMG.Com to read what our support means to the Cheer Squad and how grateful they are for that support.

Please consider supporting this event.

PS: Thanks goes to Harry for helping get the photos and the Cheer Squad comments posted for us...thanks, Harry...apprecite you!

Edited by KRAM1

Just want to give a bit of a shout out to the sponsors we have lined up for this event so far:

UNT ATHLETICS

DENTON CHAPTER OF THE UNT ALUMNI ASSOCIATION

METZLER'S BBQ

CROSS TIMBERS EQUIPMENT

M. BENJAMIN DESIGNS

MERIDIAN BANK

The above list does not include our silent auction donors nor our individual donors...I will name those as we move along...as the list contours to grow. Thanks very much.

We still need sponsors and we still need players and we still need donors, so please think about helping these wonderful UNT Cheer Squad members...it is indeed a very worthy cause.

SEE YOU ON THE 31st! This is going to be great fun!

Hey guys, I won't be able to make it up there at the end of this month. I'll have to drop out.

Sorry to hear that...you will be missed.

If you can....would appreciate your considering a donation the the cause....you can use the PayPal site here on GMG.com or PM me and I'll give you details for using a check.

Appreciate your support last year and sorry we won't see you playing this year....hope to see you back next year or for this year's GMG.Com football game!

So, I am officially throwing my hat in the ring. Nothing like waiting to the last minute.

Name: forevereagle

Height: 6'2"

Weight: 180

T-Shirt Size: L

Don't let my height fool you, I am not very good at basketball. I think my performance from last year says all it needs to. I am not too terrible on defense, and can run, so that is where I add value.

Edited by forevereagle

Rudy and forevereagle...GREAT to have you guys both back for year two! Thanks so much...what's a GMG.Com event without you guys, anyway?

Don't forget to sign in for the player draft on Sunday at 2PM in the chat room here on GMG.Com...should be fun.

RUDY...with your slimmed down "you" what T-Shirt size do you want this year?

Thanks to both of you guys.....forevereagle...bring you bride and the "Master of the House" with you on the 31st. That will assure that grandad and grand mom come as well! way cool...I can put grandad to work!