GMG.COM 2nd Annual BB Game! March 31st 10AM

KRAM1

DRAFT IS COMPLETE: Thanks to both coaches for taking time to pick and thanks for the others who tuned in to make a comment r two here and there...here are the line-ups for this year's event...I really think we have a couple of pretty evenly matched teams this year...this si going to be fun!

WHITE TEAM:

unt88 - Coach

Lil b

bonfirebrian

bmac

MeanGreenSoHo

forevereagle

SHOSS

GreenStreet

meangreenacct

RUDY

UNT90 - allocated as a late scratch...may show up anyway...we'll be ready...hey, you can eneter the half-time half court shot, right?

GREEN TEAM:

Emmitt01 - Coach

ECHO

THOR

Smoothfresh

Shibby

GreenN'walinsVet

Harry

FloMoGrad

Grant.UNT

UNTFan23

NT03 - allocated as a late scratch...may still be able to show up...so we'll be ready

Let the trash talking begin....thanks again to all....

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Count me in and possibly 2 more! Large T-Shirt for me. This event is a blast, I encourage you guys to sign up, a day of good hoop with Cheerleaders and special guests.. Great venue and great fun for all involved. Also a good cause! GMG!

Count me in and possibly 2 more! Large T-Shirt for me. This event is a blast, I encourage you guys to sign up, a day of good hoop with Cheerleaders and special guests.. Great venue and great fun for all involved. Also a good cause! GMG!

Thanks, harry...I've got you down.

Also wanted to point out the METZLER'S BBQ logo on the page...ad banner thingy...Roy Metzler, with Metzler's BBQ has again agreed to be one of our sponsors. We will, as we did last year, hold our after event "gathering" at Metzler's BBQ on Londonderry lane just off Teasley in Denton. Good cold beer and great BBQ...so make plans to head over to Metzler's again this year after the event...we will conclude our silent auction bidding at that time as well.

Really appreciate Roy Metzler and Metzler's BBQ for stepping up to help once again this year. Roy is a great supporter of UNT and UNT Athletics. Stop by Metzler's when you have a chance and have a bite and a drink to support a great local restaurant and a great member of the Mean Green Nation...thanks so much Roy and Metzler's BBQ!

• Upvote 3

OK, in the hopes that it will make it a little easier for folks who are "not local" or who would simply like to donate to the UNT Cheer Squad GMG.COM BB game fund-raising event, there is a PayPal site/button up on GMG.com's forums page . The donations button was just created by harry for the event and it has been tested and is working properly.

As you can see from the site, we have set a goal of raising a MINIMUM of $500 through this vehicle...so, if you would like to help...please click on the link and donate at any level you would like and feel comfortable in doing. Any donation, at any level, would certainly be appreciated and 100% of the proceeds go the the UNT Cheer Squad!

If you do not like using on-line payment systems, please PM me and I will provide an address for you to use in mailing a check.

Thanks for your consideration of help with this event.

More info to follow as it becomes available...

PLAYERS...we need players.....don't miss this chance to have a great time and to help some Mean green students along the way. Every dollar helps....

• Upvote 1

Harry's 4th quarter defense against the winning team's (green?) best player (forget the name he used. He is the brother of a current female BB player) allowed our team (white?) to pull within 12 after a very rough start. The dude was virtually undefendable, except for those minutes in the 4th that Harry had him.

The final score was a bit deceptive, as once it got back to a 20 point lead and time was running down, several of the female cheerleaders manned the guard positions for our team (followed shortly by a full court press by the opposition).

Fun times for all. Come out and play.

• Upvote 1

Harry's 4th quarter defense against the winning team's (green?) best player (forget the name he used. He is the brother of a current female BB player) allowed our team (white?) to pull within 12 after a very rough start. The dude was virtually undefendable, except for those minutes in the 4th that Harry had him.

The final score was a bit deceptive, as once it got back to a 20 point lead and time was running down, several of the female cheerleaders manned the guard positions for our team (followed shortly by a full court press by the opposition).

Fun times for all. Come out and play.

Just a little bit of correction here UNT90...the guys playing name was ECHO and he is the brother of a current TWU player...Raquel Cuffie. Raquel played at UNT last season, but has since transferred to TWU to continue playing.

Raquel's mom, Terri, was very very helpful in planning working this game for us last year. We could not have raised as much $$$ for the cheer squad as we did without her great ideas and help. I miss working with her on this year's event already.

Raquel was also instrumental in getting our men basketball players to come out and ref and watch which made it an even better time...remember Josh and george lauging as they watched us run up and down that court? The same guys who had all the comkments about their play...Ha! Priceless. And, raquel also refereed for us...

Great times, indeed. Had so much fun that I decided to come back and do it again...

Edited by KRAM1
  • Upvote 1

FOLKS...GREEN STREET is "IN"...we'll see a return of Green Street in this year's event. Thanks for coming back for Round 2...

Lace 'em up!

5'8"

3 point shooter

If I dont have the ball, I am going after it

Shirt Size:L

See everyone March 31st

UPDATE:

As of today we have nine (9) confirmed players:

THOR

Grant.UNT

UNT90

FloMoGrad

Smoothfresh

meangreenacct

Harry

Aztecskin

GreenStreet

WE NEED PLAYERS!!! I have heard from several who are "thinking about it" or "looking at their schedules". I know are a few weeks away (MARCH 31st), but we do need to start getting this thing shaped up. So, please let me know if you would like to play...it all starts with the players!

In addition...we seem to be stuck on $25 in the way of donations through the PayPal site...any help...any size donation will be really helpful and very much apprecaited...great cause folks...the UNT Cheer Squad!

Thanks...sign up here!

I am in again this year as well.

Strength is inside game.

Shirt size still XXL

I have a guy that wants to play. He played ball at Indiana State early 2000's. Still a good...6'6 and can hang with the best of them. Will take over a game much like Echo did last year.

Brian

Mark, I can probably get the front t-shirt sponser if you need. Let me know.

I am in again this year as well.

Strength is inside game.

Shirt size still XXL

I have a guy that wants to play. He played ball at Indiana State early 2000's. Still a good...6'6 and can hang with the best of them. Will take over a game much like Echo did last year.

Brian

Mark, I can probably get the front t-shirt sponser if you need. Let me know.

Brian....unt88...great to have you with us again this year...ABSOLUTELY...sign up that friend of yours...just give him a "playing name for his shirt", post his t-shirt size here and a few little bio items for the draft...will look forward to having him play....

Front shoulder shirt sponsoer is still open and would be a great help id f you have something in mind...really apprecaite the help. Just PM me eith the info on the sponsor and post the player info here...Good to have you "in" again this year!

PLAYER SIGN-UP DEADLINE: 5:00PM on FRIDAY MARCH 16th.

I met with UNT staff and the Cheer Squad sponsor/coach to get some details for the event worked out yesterday afternoon, and the above deadline was set for player sign-ups and ads sales for the program, etc. This should give us time to get the player shirts printed and the game day brochure laid out and printed...so, please folks, if you would like to play, sign up as early as you can so we can get things together for the "Big Show" on March 31st.

If you can't play or just simply do not want to play, please come out and support the event...no admission charge, and we'd appreciate the support on game day...plus, we may need folks to help carry out the players after the game...sore legs and feet and all that.....

If you can and/or would like to help...please do so...

1) Sign up to play ($25 player fee)

2) Make a PayPal donation...any size, really, any size right here on GoMeanGreen.Com

3) Buy a game day t-shirt (pre-orders only please by the March 16th date - $20)

4) Buy an ad for the game day program...prices range from $25 to $100)

5) Be a game Day sponsor (PM me for costs and opportunities)

6) Sponsor the half-time free throw contest ($50)

7) Donate something for the silent auction...we need items for the auction...PLEASE....

Folks, this is for the Cheer Squad... no one...GMG.com, me...no one benefits except the Cheer Squad (and they definitely need and deserve some support for all the great work they do supporting UNT).

You can always PM me here on GMG.Com for more info or to get my personal contact info....

Wanted to update everyone on our corporate sponsors that have signed on to date to help:

METZLER'S BBQ

MERIDIAN BANK

CROSS TIMBERS EQUIPMENT

M BENJAMIN DESIGNS

In addition we have a few other folks looking at sponsorships, buying ads in the game day brochure/program and in making individual contributions. I have not listed all our individual contributors as I have not asked for their permission to do so, but just know that several folks have stepped forward as individuals to help out with this charity event in support of the UNT Cheer Squad. More corporate and individual supporters will follow I am most certain, but i did not want to delay in thanking those who have already come forward with support.

Please remember these folks...and all our sponsors when you have a need for the services they provide...great people behind these businesses and all support the Mean Green!

tn_gallery_1_71_36937.gif

In case you tuned in late...and have not seen the graphic in the thread's original post (thanks Harry), the graphic of this year's T-shirt design for the game is found in the original post. Check it out...no need to reinvent the wheel here...Smitty (David Pyke) did a great job for us last year and has returned to update the logo for this year's game. Thanks to Smitty for another job well done and for donating his services to the cause once again. A very busy guy, but he never fails to step up and help us out for both our flag football and basketball games. Many thanks....

Edited by KRAM1

Count me in....

Shirt size: XL

6'2" white guy trapped in a white man's body. Don't think I've played since last year's game, but I still got mad skillz. Undefeated all-time in GMG.com basketball contests. I've been training for a half marathon, so if there is one thing I can do, it's run up and down the court for the whole game.

ECHO is in (if you'll have him)

IMG_20110410_163047.jpg

6'4", 235lbs

Will be wearing spandex under his shorts this year :ass:

Last year's BIO:

Played in HS and while in the Army, for the Post team. With the post team played games and in tournaments against D1 & D2 programs as well as JUCO's. Also had tournaments on post for intramural inter-league play.

Can play the 1-4. Was a slasher in HS with decent speed for size.

Ben_Dunk.jpg

ECHO is in (if you'll have him)

IMG_20110410_163047.jpg

6'4", 235lbs

Will be wearing spandex under his shorts this year :ass:

Last year's BIO:

Played in HS and while in the Army, for the Post team. With the post team played games and in tournaments against D1 & D2 programs as well as JUCO's. Also had tournaments on post for intramural inter-league play.

Can play the 1-4. Was a slasher in HS with decent speed for size.

Ben_Dunk.jpg

Who are you trying to kid.

He could play 1 - 5 in this game.

• Upvote 2

BonfireBrian...WELCOME BACK...glad to see you are in!

ECHO...Also...WELCOME BACK...makes that #1 pick important again this year.....OK, do we get Mama Echo back as well?????? She was my undeclared MVP for last year's contest! How about Raquel back as a ref as well?????? We'll take that Lady Pioneer as she really is a Mean green at heart, right?

Really, thanks for signing up again this year, guys...really glad to have you with us!

I would be happy to help!

Raquel is in. She will also reach out to the men's team and see who may be available to guest ref. She rattled off a couple names... she should have confirmations by mid-week.

EXCELLENT.....GREAT NEWS! Got Raquel down as a ref...we also have Troy Kokjohn (UNT Sr. Football player as a ref)...her help in getting some of the men's team over to ref and watch...and some more of the ladies would be great...any help would be appreciated AND WELCOME!

All for a good cause....I was afraid you guys would be out of town...really happy to have you with us again this year!