GMG Twit my Tweet 7.11.13

Christopher Walker

I'd like to see students come to the bonfire & throw in their shirts from other universities. After it has burned , be given a free UNT shirt

That'd be swell and all, but not after the fire has started. Have any of ya'll been back for the bonfires as of late? THEY'RE MASSIVE - supposedly largest in the state and largest pallett-based bonfire on the planet.

We keep ourselves separated to it by a freaking pond and the earth all around it tends to get scorched by effect from the wind.

It's......

...beautiful.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

like that bonfire idea.

Gee, if only some enterprising student had done just this in say 2000. You know, like maybe after collecting 500 or so shirts from students in exchange for a North Texas shirt. Now that would have been cool, huh?

Does this school have ANY spirit ideas thy didn't borrow from me?

Edited by emmitt01
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 5

Well of course not. Then again, you complain if they don't use your ideas or dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back while reminding us all that you've already done something of this nature.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I'd like to see students come to the bonfire & throw in their shirts from other universities. After it has burned , be given a free UNT shirt

That'd be swell and all, but not after the fire has started. Have any of ya'll been back for the bonfires as of late? THEY'RE MASSIVE - supposedly largest in the state and largest pallett-based bonfire on the planet.

We keep ourselves separated to it by a freaking pond and the earth all around it tends to get scorched by effect from the wind.

It's......

...beautiful.

This post has been promoted to an article

• Upvote 2

Gee, if only some enterprising student had done just this in say 2000. You know, like maybe after collecting 500 or so shirts from students in exchange for a North Texas shirt. Now that would have been cool, huh?

Does this school have ANY spirit ideas thy didn't borrow from me?

I think in the period of non-spirit we had for oh, FOREVER until a few years ago, those of us who gave a damn probably came up with almost every idea possible by ramming our heads against that wall just to get people to wake up. If we didn't think of it, those before us did, even if nothing came from it. At least now, people care enough to try (or re-try) old ideas to keep moving forward. At least most of your ideas made sense. With mine, people were just like, "What the hell are you doing?", and my response was always, "Well, it's going to be hard to ignore what's going on now, isn't it?"

As a side note, after the bonfire, if you strip down to your undies and swim from one side to the other and back in that frigid, bacteria-ridden pond, you will probably get sick, no matter how rarely you get the sniffles. So if somebody dares you to do it, make sure there's some sort of decent payment involved. Not that I would know from experience.

• Upvote 1

It's......

...beautiful.

This post has been promoted to an article

They were always that big since I showed up...we kick ass. P.S.-thanks, Talons!

• Upvote 1

Well of course not. Then again, you complain if they don't use your ideas or dislocate your shoulder patting yourself on the back while reminding us all that you've already done something of this nature.

You're right. Much better to fall all over ourselves when our paid athletic staff recycles ideas and berate those who created them.

I wonder, do you scour this forum for my posts? You seem so quick to reply with your lame ass attempts to keep my ego "in check". And for whom? Your own edification? Really? Are you that devoid of other hobbies. And more importantly, I couldn't pick you out of a lineup if I tried yet you seem to be ever so pre-occupied with me.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

Nope, don't scour the forums for anyone's posts and not pre-occupied with anyone, but I find it funny that you either resort to personal attacks, belittling others or becoming condescending when someone calls you out or doesn't share your point of view. You and a few others have become so predictable in your comments that it is almost comical. You bitch when they don't use your ideas and bitch when they do. The constant complaining and negative point of view is tiring.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Nope, don't scour the forums for anyone's posts and not pre-occupied with anyone, but I find it funny that you either resort to personal attacks, belittling others or becoming condescending when someone calls you out or doesn't share your point of view. You and a few others have become so predictable in your comments that it is almost comical. You bitch when they don't use your ideas and bitch when they do. The constant complaining and negative point of view is tiring.

Ok. I'd really love to see our athletic promotions department, who draw a check, to do more than recycle ideas that I came up with and implemented over a decade ago for free.

Was that condescending, personal or belittling enough for you? Perhaps you think it was too negative?

And I could give a rat's ass whose ideas they use...just use an original one to show that some time/thought is put into it. Sorry, emailing people who are already in the MGC to remind them of events seems a little "preaching to the choir" to me. We are far far better as an institution than what we've put forth lately.

• Upvote 3