Mean Green Stadium Venue?

Side Show Joe

I just got back from the new stadium. I had to go see first hand how that field looks. It is nice.

While I was there, I was able to walk around the site a little. Behind the visitors side, they are working on the landscaping. Lighted sidewalks extend into the rolling hills of the old Eagle Point Golf Course, allowing for perfect tree shaded views of the stadium. Even new trees have been planted. From the Alumni Pavilion you have a wonderful view of the video board. I thought the secondary scoreboard would block the view, but it does not. On the home side the two ponds look nice, and they are putting down grass right now. The stadium is wonderful. I truly feel it will be one of the top college stadiums in the southwest.

I have to give RV and the administration a lot of credit for not stopping with just the stadium. With this creation, UNT is playing to their strengths. We have land around our stadium, and are going to use that land to enhance the gameday experience for every fan. SMU, TCU, and most other universities don't have land available to create what our university is creating.

Like I said, I feel our stadium will be one of the finest in the southwest, but I honestly believe our gameday experience will rank as one of the greatest in all of college football. The web cam can't show it, but what is being created around the stadium is impressive too. Fans like me, who tailgate will be in heaven, and Houston will leave Denton green with envy.

We are getting more than a new stadium. It really is a football venue.

I just thought you guys might want to hear about this.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I think it's time for the Mean Green Sports to give us another video walk around of the stadium and the land around it.

I talked to them about this at the Ft. Worth Coaches Caravan event. They said that another one would be coming our way "soon".