Doin' God's Work-Phase II

KRAM1

OK, following up on the comment about getting a group of willing Mean Green supporters together one Saturday to pass out football posters...we are set to go on SATURDAY, JULY 28th beginning at 9:00AM.

I have arranged to pick up a stack of posters and, hopefully some mini-schedules, for folks to pass out to accomodating businesses in the Denton-Dallas-Ft. Worth or where ever areas.

Those willing to "donate" as little as one hour or as much time as you have to help that Saturday...please PM me and I'll give you the rest of the details and assign an area for you to cover that morning. I can only work that morning and I am sure others are tied up at various times as well...so if you want to just come pick up posters and distribute to your assigned area later...great, no problem. But, the more folks we have going around that morning the better.

PLEASE wear Mean Green gear as well on your appointed rounds....

OK, so, I know some folks have already expressed interest in helping with this project...it really will take very little time...so, just PM me here on GMG.Com and we'll get all the details out to you as far as meet up location. If you have an area in mind that you would like to cover just let me know and we'll make sure you get that assignment as well.

So...who is in on this fun little Saturday project??????

ALSO...if you are a business owner and would like a poster delivered to your place of business...just PM me or let me know in this thread and I'll make certain you are "hand delivered" a poster...and hopefully some mini-schedules if they are available as well.

Folks, this is the sort of thing you can do to support the Mean Green and to make a positive difference for YOUR university and YOUR team that really doesn't cost anything at all in the way of dollars...maybe a little gas money, but that's it. So, if you can and would like to be part of this event...let me know. Should be fun!

GO MEAN GREEN! Hope to see at least 8-10 interested folks...won't take long and it's a positive way to help.

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Just a follow-up...SLIDE SHOW JOE went by the Athletic dept and picked up a few more posters and went out a second time to get even more displayed. Thanks, Emmitt and Slide Show Joe for helping on two days with this project.

ALSO...I was attending a "going away" function on campus (Actually in the Club level at Apogee) for a Development Director that is leaving UNT for a position at Trinity College in San Antonio...and several of the Foundation/Development Board Members were also in attendance...so it was a campus-wide and community attended event...one gentleman came over to me and said he knew about our poster project and just wanted to tell me how great it was that we did that and he thanked me for everyone who participated. This is a good-size UNT donor and a person I consider a UNT VIP along with his wife.

So, the word is out in various areas of campus and the UNT family that some UNT supporters took the time to try to do something positive and to help. So, to all who volunteered, I pass those sincere "Thanks" on to you....it made me feel good to know that some folks...who a supporters of UNT...noticed and were grateful for our efforts. So, once again...thanks to all...what you did was noticed and to those that actually care, it mattered.

• Upvote 1

I'm going to have to make a trip back to Denton to get some more posters. I gave my last one to the GM at the Plucker's on Lovers in Dallas over lunch. He said he just had to run it past his marketing person tomorrow and then would hang it. He seemed sincere because he wanted to talk about some of the games on the schedule and showed me where he plans to hang it. This is great to me because this location is a few blocks from SMU and is decorated in SMU artifacts, minus the token UT jersey on the wall.

Had fun posting schedules last week...But had a thought today. Have these schedules been posted in the residence halls and/or buildings on campus? I know some would reply "that's crazy, I'm sure they have been". My question is ....Is it really THAT crazy of a question? I'm not trying to slam the AD, but there's alot of things I would think are obvious, only to find out nothing has been done. So, does anyone know if the schedules have been posted in at LEAST the dorms?

Had fun posting schedules last week...But had a thought today. Have these schedules been posted in the residence halls and/or buildings on campus? I know some would reply "that's crazy, I'm sure they have been". My question is ....Is it really THAT crazy of a question? I'm not trying to slam the AD, but there's alot of things I would think are obvious, only to find out nothing has been done. So, does anyone know if the schedules have been posted in at LEAST the dorms?

The dorms don't reopen until August 25, but last year every room was given a schedule.

As a former RA. I can tell you that in Mid August during RA training, we go through and put football schedules in every students room and on just about every hall plus the dorm lobbys. Ive only been graduated for about 2 years so im sure they have been doing the same thing's since.

• Upvote 1