C-USA 2013 Football Home/Away is released

smoothfresh

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

No, I was just looking at conference games.

But, since you asked, that is another one of those winnable games, but that doesn't mean we will win it

Well, if you can see five conference wins then I'll take that RIGHT NOW and we can make our bowl plans.

• Upvote 1

I understand what you are saying - I don't necessarily agree or disagree with what you are saying

but.......

When I read posting after posting after posting from UNT90 that is constantly negative toward this program - it is CONSTANT, not occasional - then after a while the credibility and effectiveness of your postings have shot their wad!

Suggestion: Intersperse a few positive postings about the UNT athletic program here-and-there and people - including those at 1301 Bonnie Brae - will tend to pay attention. Believe me, that is fact!

Your postings were very enjoyable and informative for a long time - I enjoyed reading them - but for the past year + your constant negativity toward the UNT athletic program...............

I guess I have never understood why anyone continues to see only the negative and STILL supposedly supports a program.

Honestly, if I felt the way you seem to feel toward this university's athletic program, I would move on to other things for which I have positive feelings - feelings that brought happiness rather than anguish and stress. Hell, you can't even find positive things to say about what most on here feel is a very good inaugural C-USA football schedule!

But to each his/her own........as a parting thought: I have a neighbor who is a chronic bitcher.......and she is happy as a clam because she always finds something to bitch about. Just say'in...

GMG

We need somebody to balance out the constant sunshine pumpers.

And it is ENTIRELY possible to be constantly negative about something you love when it is perpetually dissapointing. It is the love for that something that keeps you around and "bitching". If your child makes F's and is capable of A's you ride their ass. If the next report card shows C's you continue to ride their ass. Not until they meet their potential should you pick up your pom poms, pat them on the head and hand them a participation trophy. Too much of that these days. Walking away to find something else, as you suggest, is the true sign of no longer being supportive.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

We need somebody to balance out the constant sunshine pumpers.

And it is ENTIRELY possible to be constantly negative about something you love when it is perpetually dissapointing. It is the love for that something that keeps you around and "bitching". If your child makes F's and is capable of A's you ride their ass. If the next report card shows C's you continue to ride their ass. Not until they meet their potential should you pick up your pom poms, pat them on the head and hand them a participation trophy. Too much of that these days. Walking away to find something else, as you suggest, is the true sign of no longer being supportive.

Emmitt01...so ture. There is a very thin line between love and hate. It is when someone becomes indifferent that you know you lost them.

Emmitt01...so ture. There is a very thin line between love and hate. It is when someone becomes indifferent that you know you lost them.

:goodjob: Thank you!!! Because THIS is the main attitude that we have needed to work on turning around at NT.....and always have!. When someone is being negative, you're at least having a conversation with them.....and you have something to work with.

Negativity has never been our worst enemy, indifference has. It's my believe that that is why a lot of promising student athletes and motivated students who would come to every game and join every spirit organization don't choose to come here. It's why we have a spirit group that has to scramble every summer at the last minute to fill it's ranks with brand new students, because indifference and lack of motivation decimates their ranks every year.

AND it's why our highly regarded marching band has pretty much called it in, for the last five years (or more).

I've said this for years. We don't have a true football game here at North Texas, we have a contracted event.

Edited by SilverEagle

:goodjob: Thank you!!! Because THIS is the main attitude that we have needed to work on turning around at NT.....and always have!. When someone is being negative, you're at least having a conversation with them.....and you have something to work with.

Negativity has never been our worst enemy, indifference has. It's my believe that that is why a lot of promising student athletes and motivated students who would come to every game and join every spirit organization don't choose to come here. It's why we have a spirit group that has to scramble every summer at the last minute to fill it's ranks with brand new students, because indifference and lack of motivation decimates their ranks every year.

AND it's why our highly regarded marching band has pretty much called it in, for the last five years (or more).

I've said this for years. We don't have a true football game here at North Texas, we have a contracted event.

I would like to add the lack of leadership in coordinating these groups to create a much better game day experience. For example, could someone not call ahead and let the band/cheerleaders/etc know that the team is leaving the hotel. Then everybody could get lined up. We have had more than a few times when the Mean Green march is just thrown together. This is just one example. There have been issues with the cannon, not to mention the mis-timing of cheers, band miscues, etc during the games. I know none of this translates to wins on the field, but it is funny how traditions at other schools contribute to the success of the program. Edited by Green Dozer