Louisiana Monroe (1/14/12)

CMJ

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

I do wonder why with all the talent NT has, that so many fans have such low expectations. Never heard of the Fab 5, five freshmen that started for Michigan and got to the NCAA tournament finals. No the NT freshmen don't compare with the Fab 5 who had 4 of the top ten rated freshmen in the nation. However, we are discussing winning the Belt not going deep in the NCAA tournament.

Very little in NT's play thus far has indicated greatness. However, the talent is evident and I see no reason this team can't beat anyone in the Belt. This team has played a lot of games at this point and even with Mitchell joining late; I don't think inexperience is a good excuse for poor play. NT has three exceptional freshmen and relative experienced players such as Franklin, Alzee Williams and Walton are playing better.

I don't think it takes years to develop a team if the talent is there. Just look at the top teams who regularly lose their top players to the pros and reload with freshmen. I don't see any reason a fan should not think this team should do very well from here on and expect this team to win the West.

I do wonder why with all the talent NT has, that so many fans have such low expectations. Never heard of the Fab 5, five freshmen that started for Michigan and got to the NCAA tournament finals. No the NT freshmen don't compare with the Fab 5 who had 4 of the top ten rated freshmen in the nation. However, we are discussing winning the Belt not going deep in the NCAA tournament.

Very little in NT's play thus far has indicated greatness. However, the talent is evident and I see no reason this team can't beat anyone in the Belt. This team has played a lot of games at this point and even with Mitchell joining late; I don't think inexperience is a good excuse for poor play. NT has three exceptional freshmen and relative experienced players such as Franklin, Alzee Williams and Walton are playing better.

I don't think it takes years to develop a team if the talent is there. Just look at the top teams who regularly lose their top players to the pros and reload with freshmen. I don't see any reason a fan should not think this team should do very well from here on and expect this team to win the West.

You are right, it's obvious we have the talent to win the west. But, I just haven't seen consistency yet. Chris Jones still makes some crazy good plays, but also takes some chances that I just don't think are necessary. We go on long stretches in games where we either can't stop an opponent streak, or we can't buy a bucket.

Yesterday, ULM ran 3-4 guys at Tony. It led to some turnovers and no one other than Tony could make a shot at the time.

I agree that the team can beat anyone in the belt. But the consistency is lacking.