Cheerleaders?

Christopher Walker

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Because basketball games happen at times that would otherwise fall during prime evening work hours for those not on full-ride scholarships - which is the majority of music students.

So everyone that doesn't have full ships, works evening hours. I doubt very seriously that anyone is going to turn a good evening job down if it is needed, to play on an average of twice a week for three months. I doubt NT pays that much especially if practice time is included. It's just become customary to pay bb pep bands and that hasn't happened for cheerleaders or marching bands.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

not having scholarships does hurt the team and I don't think that anyone said that every cheerleader would need a scholarship, but like baseball maybe you get a certain amount and you disperse them however the director sees fit. I know the mom of one of the cheerleaders and she was telling me about how the competition went and one of the things that we talked about is how it's hard to compete with teams even in the small school coed division because of the scholarship situation. other schools in our division are allowed up to 5 guys on the floor during a competition and we have only two men on the team, which puts us at a big disadvantage when it comes to stunts and lifts. no opportunity of a scholarship keeps a lot of potential cheerleaders from trying out, because of the time and energy they put in.