NICE GESTURE BY COACH MAC

KRAM1

I just wanted to mention what i thought was a very nice gesture from Coach Mac last evening at the final Coach Mac Radio Show of the year...Coach Mac personally bought a drink (beer, soda, etc.) for everyone in attendance as a token of his thanks for our attendance during the year. He has consistently called us the "few, the proud" and stuff like that during the year and has thanked everyone on several occasions, so we pretty much knew how he felt about our attendance, so this gesture was really unexpected and heartfelt.

I truly believe that Coach Mac is the right guy at the right time for UNT. Thanks Coach mac for helping to re-establish UNT on the road to being a winning program once again.

I did feel a touch of frustration on Coach Mac's part last evening when he talked about attendance and specifically student attendance. he made the comment that he felt like he had done everything he could to engage the student body and to help get them interested in attending games. I sensed a bit of frustration on his part with the results and payback from the students for his and his team's efforts. He said it made a big difference to recruits when they visit to see a full stadium...it said it matters and while UNT set an all-time attendance record this season, he was hopeful that the UNT fan base and the student body would get behind the program and turn out in bigger and bigger numbers in the future.

It was a very positive and very enjoyable show to attend last evening. Coach Mac talked about players he discussed for all conference on the coach call in recently...Lance Dunbar,Will Atterberry, AK, Zach Orr. He also mentioned Lemon as freshman of the year and Lance as Offensive player of the year. Interesting also that he mentioned that not all the SunBelt coaches attended that conference call...several SunBelt Coaches on the call were not at all happy about that...even mentioned the possibility of future fines for non-attendance. Hmmmmm...interesting. He also talked about several red shirt freshmen that he feels will have impact next season, how our O-line will immediately be in better shape across the board.

Some of you folks who also attended help me out with some names here for those who couldn't attend or listen in on the radio.

Anyway, it was a nice last show, and I was happy I got to be part of it. Next season is looking even better...

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

" but I do think it has gotten to the point that Rawlins and the administration need to seriously get involved somehow in the attendance issue. I don't know: memo the prof''s, call an emergency meeting, involve all levels in formulating a strategy,"

This is EXACTLY what I said and you found every need to disagree with me.

No, I simply disagreed with your notion that it's perfectly rational for students to avoid games in which they could possibly get their dipstick wet. A pancho, plastic undies, or Glad Wrap should do the trick.

• Upvote 1