New UNT FB Commit: OL Harrsion Sorge, Wichita Falls Ryder

NT03

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Looks like a good pick up, but I wonder about the number of offensive linemen, 4 on offense and 0 on defense thus far. With 10 underclassmen already on the team, it makes you wonder: Y'Barbo, Lemon, Johnson, Shaw, Ellerd, Thompson, Feldt, Feldt, Renfro and Trussell. Perhaps it is a case of just going after the best athletes, but looking at the team; there appear to be a lot of bigger need areas. Dickey and Dodge both seldom substituted ol and therefore carried relatively few offensive linemen on the team, maybe McCarney wants to establish a rotation. It is clear that he wants size along the front line.

If several of these new OL guys are redshirted, our current Sophomores to be will be Seniors by the time these 2013 guys hit the field as RS Freshmen. I like the idea. Kind of reminds me of the old days at Nebraska, when their 5th year Senior hogs in the trenches were tossing their defensive opponents all over the field year after year. Mac's originally from that part of the world and maybe that's how he's thinking here.

• Upvote 1