2012 Commit #4: DB Devante Davis

All About UNT

as per BV

Mean Green Blog

"North Texas is on a roll today.

I already mentioned that UNT picked up a commitment from Tyler Chapel Hill defensive tackle Sir Calvin Wallace.

UNT has also received a commitment from Baton Rouge Woodlawn defensive back Devante Davis.

Davis is 5-11, 173, and was an all-district selection last season. He was recruited by Justin Gaines.

He picked off two passes for a team that advanced to the second round of the playoffs.

No other teams had offered Davis a scholarship, but Louisiana-Lafaeytte and Louisiana Tech were both showing interest.

I will be back later with some more information on both players."

devante_davis.jpg

AS per Louisiana Football Magazine:

"June 8, 2011 - I visited Woodlawn High School this morning, and spoke with Head Coach Don Jones where I picked up some info on two of Woodlawn's top players. I learned that DB Devante Davis (5-11, 175 pounds) and WR Jamaal Lofton (5-11, 180 pounds) were recently offered by the University of North Texas in Denton, Texas. Both kids run a 4.5/40 and are big time sleepers in Louisiana. Davis is a four tool player, meaning he can play cornerback, saftety, punt return, and kick return."

Article

Devante had 73 Tackles last year with 61 Tackles and 12 Assisted Tackles. He also accrued 2 Sacks and 1 INT. What stands out the most is actually his Special Teams numbers:

3 Punt Returns for 104 Yards averaging out at 34.67 yds per return (FANTASTIC!)

He also had 2 KO Returns for 46 Yds Total (23 per return)

User Feedback

Recommended Comments