Looking Ahead: Georgia vs. North Texas, Never

ADLER

Heads-up Alert! An Actual Color Photo of Mean Joe Greene While He Played Football At North Texas !

Many of us on this forum have seen almost every publication or photo concerning Mean Green football during or post-Joe Greene era at North Texas but for the life of me, I have NEVER seen that color photo of Joe Greene found in the content of Harry's link in any past North Texas Mean Green football media guide or publication since I started checking those out circa 1973; instead, we always had the old standard black & white file photo of Mean Joe with hands outwardly extended.

Any of you other older alums agree with this "color pic" discovery or have I just missed seeing it thru the decades? ? ? ?

GMG!

It's from the Playboy 1968 All America Team photo.

_68_Playboy_All-America_defensive_team__5__large.jpg

User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Although the post from the Bulldog fan has our bowl record at 1 -5 since 1948, it should be pointed out that we won the Optimist Bowl in 1946 against Pacific (14-13) which was coached by the legendary Amos Alonzo Stagg. One more reason, it seems to me, that Odus Mitchell should probably be considered the best all around football coach in UNT history.<br />A few other Odus Mithell accomplishments include: A two decade head coaching career at UNT, the first coach in Texas (and perhaps in the south} to recruit Black players to a D! program. Winner of the Missouri Valley and a Sun Bowl bid in 1959 and the recruitment of Abner Haynes and Joe Greene, Indeed, the 1968 UNT football team was one of the best in the country(ask Arkansas), and they were mostly Odus Mitchell's recruits.

• Upvote 3