Sign in to follow this  

Chad Morris reviews week 2 opponent North Texas


Harry

Chad Morris

– I'm very familiar with North Texas. They lead the country in passing, and they've got a lot of momentum right now.

– On North Texas: Morris has known coach Seth Littrell for a while. This is the best team they've had. They're going to throw the ball around. He coaches with a chip on his shoulder. One thing they do is get the ball out quick. Defensively, they're multiple. I've seen all of these guys and recruited a lot of them. Morris is impressed watching two of their games.

John Chavis

– We've got to be ready to play a team has totaled 1,136 total yards and over 900 yards passing. We're going to see another very fine quarterback. North Texas is disciplined and well-coached.

– North Texas runs some of the same stuff we've seen the first couple of weeks. We've gone back and looked at films, their QB is surrounded with a big offensive line. They've got a good dropback game, but most of what they do is quick game.

Joe Craddock

– We're familiar with North Texas. They've got a couple of transfers, and they're pressuring the quarterback and playing with a lot of confidence. We'll be prepared for them. We've prepared a base plan and dove into prep on them this morning.

Read more:  http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/sep/10/chad-morris-coordinators-recap-colorado-state-/

Edited by Harry

Sign in to follow this  


User Feedback

Recommended Comments

Reading Chavis' comments comes off smug and he knows what Arkansas needs to do to shut us down with an as matter of fact attitude. I hope our O knocks their block off. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Ray 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Reading Chavis' comments comes off smug and he knows what Arkansas needs to do to shut us down with an as matter of fact attitude. I hope our O knocks their block off. 

Ya run man coverage and get to the QB. Easier said than done. Can't blitz and run zone behind it because Fine will pick you apart. 

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NorthTexasWeLove said:

Reading Chavis' comments comes off smug and he knows what Arkansas needs to do to shut us down with an as matter of fact attitude. I hope our O knocks their block off. 

Yeah.  "Transfers"...   That's why we're winning. 

"Transfers"... like the K, Hedlund & the 2nd-string NT, English.
I guess you could call JUCO guys like Guyton transfers.
Otherwise, FCS/DII transfers like Mayfield, a transfer from big bad Abilene Christian. 
... who is he talking about??

I don't know how much film he's watched, but something tells me not much & he'll be in for a shock at what the "Transfers" are doing VS what the home-grown kids are doing.

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites

Craddock...rhymes with Haddock.

What he says is a little "fishy"...

110810050906_m1.jpg

and this is what he will look like when he is "prepared" for the Mean Green...

16408212-smoked-haddock-fillet-with-crea

 

 

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Yeah.  "Transfers"...   That's why we're winning. 

"Transfers"... like the K, Hedlund & the 2nd-string NT, English.
I guess you could call JUCO guys like Guyton transfers.
Otherwise, FCS/DII transfers like Mayfield, a transfer from big bad Abilene Christian. 
... who is he talking about??

I don't know how much film he's watched, but something tells me not much & he'll be in for a shock at what the "Transfers" are doing VS what the home-grown kids are doing.

That line bothered me too.

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harry said:

Joe Craddock

– We're familiar with North Texas. They've got a couple of transfers, and they're pressuring the quarterback and playing with a lot of confidence. We'll be prepared for them. We've prepared a base plan and dove into prep on them this morning.

Read more:  http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/sep/10/chad-morris-coordinators-recap-colorado-state-/

Who in the world is Joe Craddock?  Transfers?  Hedlund, who obviously suffered from poor coaching at Arkansas and English who did transfer a couple of years ago only to sit for a couple of years due to foot issues.  I don't count Guyton since he left Notre Dame, went the JUCO route and we had to recruit him over offers from other schools.

 

**Edit: After a very brief bit of research, I discovered he is a grad of MUTS.  That explains a lot.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Boy. Ol Joe Craddock is cocky 

You think Joe is cocky, you ought to hear his brother.  He used to have a radio show in Dallas...

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Harry said:

You think Joe is cocky, you ought to hear his brother.  He used to have a radio show in Dallas...

Kid? 

“Burn your buns!”😆

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen
  • Haha 2

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Harry said:

You think Joe is cocky, you ought to hear his brother.  He used to have a radio show in Dallas...

I don't hear too well. Are you saying cocky or Cocker?

 

Edited by Cr1028
  • Upvote 1

Share this comment


Link to comment
Share on other sites


Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now