MGN Breakdown: Indiana

aztecskin

I am going to assume the coaching is even due to Joseph being on their staff.

Their offense likes to attack the edges, but we have a fast defense. I would think this plays into our favor. I would think it benefits them to pound the smaller team and have success in the middle. I can see them attacking the corners deep down the sideline.

Their defense is horrible and I expect us to be able to run. It's rare to see a 3-4 defense that constantly gives up so many points. Usually a 3-4 defense has a group of nice lbs that can run and cover. They seem to be missing this in their 3-4.

One thing that has not been mentioned much and could be a big difference is the edge on special teams. This team looks slower than some of our opponents, and where we may get a big advantage is returns. Kidsy may break one and give them trouble. We also may get a block.

After reading this breakdown, I'm liking our chance more. Especially with the ST edge.

• Upvote 1

An equalizer for Indiana on ST is their kicker. Pretty sure he has hit from 58 yards this year.

Yeah, but think about it. To achieve those long distance FGs, the initial trajectory angle comes down from near 45° to mid to low 30s°.

That sets up some very favorable math and physics for our ST units that already have a great proclivity for blocking normal kicks.

• Upvote 2