DeniUGH

James329

we lived there for the first 2 years of apogee. We weren't even allowed to park on our own street on gamedays

As did I. However, we could park on our street as long as we had a free permit.

I don't know. This seems reasonble. There is plenty of paid game day parking on campus or by the stadium, and if you are cheap you can park for free at central campus and walk a little. Also, you can take the train in and ride a bus to the game. Seems reasonable to not allow parking in residential streets given there are many other options.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 5

Lots of free parking around campus, especially for students. Doesn't take more than 15 minutes to walk over.

Right. And don't we want fans, alums, anyone else to really come from within the campus and retain that connection rather then come out of the woods of Denia all:

http://youtu.be/GbJpJBKUf4k?t=2m6s

So they won't allow parking along the west side of Highland Street (the side that borders NT property) at all? Like, never again? As in even residents of the neighborhood can't park on that side of the street as well, even if they want to walk around the NT property to walk their dogs or whatever?

No problem at all. People shouldn't park there. I'm just tired of the constant complaining from those people. Go to other larger universities that have stadiums in neighborhoods, and see how the people there support the university and make the best of it. In Norman people sell parking spaces at their house and tailgate.

• Upvote 5

You guys have a problem with folks not wanting people blocking in their houses on gameday?

Srsly?

Yes. Another example of the Denton community not supporting the number one employer in town. Screw em all. We are talking about 6-10 days a year, not 50. I would have laughed whatever sour puss came to me bitching about this out of my office. Pitiful.
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 9

Yes. Another example of the Denton community not supporting the number one employer in town. Screw em all. We are talking about 6-10 days a year, not 50. I would have laughed whatever sour puss came to me bitching about this out of my office. Pitiful.

You most certainly would not.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1

We were late getting to a game in the inaugural Apogee season, so we ended up parking in the Denia area because everything else close to the stadium was blocked off. Strangely enough, I didn't notice any other cars parked on the street in that neighborhood at all. Maybe things have changed in recent years?

So, they choose to have permanent no parking for maybe 15 events a year, and 15 may be stretching it. Seems they cut off their nose in spite of their face. I would love to see that area on event days. I bet this "problem" is way overblown.

Edited by UNTLifer
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I know there are some decent houses in that neighborhood but aren't most homes average at best? I drove through there before and it looks kind of run down.

How on earth would this matter?

I'm also guessing that parking is allowed so long as you have a valid parking permit. I don't see why the residents of Denia would disallow parking on the streets as many of them have multiple vehicles that will not fit in their one/two car garages/driveways. In undergrad, when I lived in in the Denia area, we had two vehicles that street parked as did many of our neighbors. I'm sure the residents still can park there. If not, that is quite surprising and strange.

Edited by Eastwood Eagle
  • Upvote 1