Watching party in Grapevine, anyone?

UNT90

BOSTON'S PIZZA IT IS.

1713 Cross Roads Dr., Grapevine, TX 76051

They are blocking off the upstairs for us. I told them 20-40 people (based on last year's turnout), so show up, people!!

They actually added the package that includes the Big Ten Network just for us (she did make me a little nervous when she said her cable provider told her they didn't know what game would be on the BTN, but I told her we are certain it is UNT vs Indiana. right... RIGHT!?!?). I thought that was quite nice, as neither Pluckers or JR Grill had the BTN.

We didn't get any specials just for us, but they do have half off appitizers all day and Saturday drinks specials.

Be there, mid city folk!!!!

LIST OF SPECIALS:

Half off Appitizers (except team platter, DBL wings and skewers)

$3 domestics

$4 Imports

$3 well drinks

$4.25 Long Island Ice Teas

$3.75 Margaritas

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1

BOSTON'S PIZZA IT IS.

1713 Cross Roads Dr., Grapevine, TX 76051

They are blocking off the upstairs for us. I told them 20-40 people (based on last year's turnout), so show up, people!!

They actually added the package that includes the Big Ten Network just for us (she did make me a little nervous when she said her cable provider told her they didn't know what game would be on the BTN, but I told her we are certain it is UNT vs Indiana. right... RIGHT!?!?). I thought that was quite nice, as neither Pluckers or JR Grill had the BTN.

We didn't get any specials just for us, but they do have half off appitizers all day and Saturday drinks specials.

Be there, mid city folk!!!!

LIST OF SEPECIALS:

Half off Appitizers (except team platter, DBL wings and skewers)

$3 domestics

$4 Imports

$3 well drinks

$4.25 Long Island Ice Teas

$3.75 Margaritas

I should make this although I'm a little nervous about this conversation you had with the lady. Last year the manager at Hooter's said the same thing about the Tulane game.. Told everyone up & down that he would order the channel and be showing the game... 10 minutes after kickoff & still trying on the phone , he says he can't get it.... Apparently it was a corporate thing

I should make this although I'm a little nervous about this conversation you had with the lady. Last year the manager at Hooter's said the same thing about the Tulane game.. Told everyone up & down that he would order the channel and be showing the game... 10 minutes after kickoff & still trying on the phone , he says he can't get it.... Apparently it was a corporate thing

I will double check back with her tomorrow and make sure they are physically receiving the channel. She originally told me she would have to check with her GM, then called back and said that they had ordered the channel, which is when she told me about their satellite service provider saying they weren't sure what game was on the Big Ten Channel. She also followed up with an email with the drink and food specials enclosed.

I'll double check with her tomorrow to be absolutely certain that they physically have the channel at the moment I am speaking with her.

You have trust issues...

It's ok, so do I. ;-)

Thanks for the heads up.

Edited by UNT90

I will double check back with her tomorrow and make sure they are physically receiving the channel. She originally told me she would have to check with her GM, then called back and said that they had ordered the channel, which is when she told me about their satellite service provider saying they weren't sure what game was on the Big Ten Channel. She also followed up with an email with the drink and food specials enclosed.

I'll double check with her tomorrow to be absolutely certain that they physically have the channel at the moment I am speaking with her.

You have trust issues...

It's ok, so do I. ;-)

Thanks for the heads up.

I reached out to the corporate office & they Are looking into it & will get back to me today

Yes...I was caught up in this Hooter's hype...missed the first part of the game, until I could find someplace else to watch the game...needless to say, Hooters will never get my business in the future.....I will need to know for sure this deal at Bostons will not be a repeat of Hooter's deal last year, otherwise...off to ESSC...a great venue anyway you cut it.

That happened to me for the Southern Miss game last year for me too. My friend and I called up Buffalo Wild Wings at Loop 288 in Denton and asked if they were showing the game. They told us yes. So we went there to watch. Long story short, a bunch of tables with NT fans eating/drinking wings/beer were missing the first quarter waiting on it to show up on the screen. The manager comes out after talking on the phone with the cable provider and starts apologizing to everyone and saying they can't show the game. Some fans who didn't order their food left and went to Rudy's.

• Upvote 1

That happened to me for the Southern Miss game last year for me too. My friend and I called up Buffalo Wild Wings at Loop 288 in Denton and asked if they were showing the game. They told us yes. So we went there to watch. Long story short, a bunch of tables with NT fans eating/drinking wings/beer were missing the first quarter waiting on it to show up on the screen. The manager comes out after talking on the phone with the cable provider and starts apologizing to everyone and saying they can't show the game. Some fans who didn't order their food left and went to Rudy's.

I totally forgot about that ... I was there as well

• Upvote 2

I totally forgot about that ... I was there as well

I'm sensing a pattern...

Megan from Boston Pizza has assured me that she has turned their TVs on the Big Ten Network and that she has seen it being broadcast in her establishment.

As long as we are sure the game is on this channel and there is no local blackout, we are golden.

Edited by UNT90

I'm sensing a pattern...

Megan from Boston Pizza has assured me that she has turned their TVs on the Big Ten Network and that she has seen it being broadcast in her establishment.

As long as we are sure the game is on this channel and there is no local blackout, we are golden.

I'll be there with at least +1