Rice and Craphole

UNT90

Both at 1-3. Rice looks not good. They may do well to win 3 conference games.

Craphole has looked ok against some big boys, but lost in a VERY disappointing fashion at FAU.

When does losing begat losing with these 2? When does confidence and dedication wane?

When does losing take it's toll?

It will be very interesting to watch the results in both teams next game.

(Yes, Rice got back on track with a less than impressive win over USM, struggling until pulling away late. Against a team that was lucky to escape Appy St at home the previous week.)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Just want to clearly state that I hadn't thought of the fact that both of these teams are stumbling out of the gate in a race they were predicted to win (http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2014.html#cusa).

I think that's a great question, no matter the troll-like fashion in which it was posed.

PS.

Just want to reemphasize how ridiculous it was that the CUSA preseason coaches poll picked us to win despite the consensus being that we were 3rd best.

• Upvote 2

What else would you expect from him?

Salient football points.

Reality based expectations.

Dead on schedule information (remember, I told you 2015 was coming 2 years ago, before there was ever a "contract problem" with Tulsa).

A beer if you come by my tailgate.

And a club seat level stadium donation.

Is that enough?

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 4

Just want to clearly state that I hadn't thought of the fact that both of these teams are stumbling out of the gate in a race they were predicted to win (http://preseason.stassen.com/consensus/2014.html#cusa).

I think that's a great question, no matter the troll-like fashion in which it was posed.

PS.

Just want to reemphasize how ridiculous it was that the CUSA preseason coaches poll picked us to win despite the consensus being that we were 3rd best.

Or the fact that we lost 6 of our front 7 on the defensive front and were replacing just about all of our offensive playmakers.

Crazy.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I agree that if one starts to mail it in, it will be Rice. But both coaches are great coaches and have gotten a hell of a lot out of their players over the years. UTSA has a bunch of balls out seniors that started the program on their team and they will surely rise to the challenge. Rice, I know a lot less about this year, but they played some beasts and didn't get embarrassed to start the season. Bailiff is a good coach and they're done rolling over and dying down there I think. Gonna be a long conference schedule yet. Can't wait to see how it pans out. Can't wait to see what happens in Bloomington so we know how much hope to have about busting these two teams up down the road. Soar high above the rooftops Eagles!!!!!!!