Dajon Williams Off to Historical Start

Cerebus

First things first:

1) I am trying to burn board time during an off week.

2) I know this is way to early to be statistically significant, see #1.

If you look at all QB's with at least 20 completions, Dajon Williams is #1 in Pass Efficiency Rating (formula is (8.4 * Yds + 330 * TD - 200 * Int + 100 * Cmp) / Att))

Top 6 PER

---

Name PER Y/A TD -INT

D. Williams 216.8 12.2 3-0

S. Hall 133.0 7.6 50-25

J. Case 129.6 7.4 12-8

D. Thompson 126.1 7.0 42-34

R. Dodge 125.7 6.6 20-20

S. Ramsey 116.2 7.0 69-67

Since I am solidly in the tap the breaks camp, I probably should post this. But what fun would that be?

First things first:

1) I am trying to burn board time during an off week.

2) I know this is way to early to be statistically significant, see #1.

If you look at all QB's with at least 20 completions, Dajon Williams is #1 in Pass Efficiency Rating (formula is (8.4 * Yds + 330 * TD - 200 * Int + 100 * Cmp) / Att))

Top 6 PER

---

Name PER Y/A TD -INT

D. Williams 216.8 12.2 3-0

S. Hall 133.0 7.6 50-25

J. Case 129.6 7.4 12-8

D. Thompson 126.1 7.0 42-34

R. Dodge 125.7 6.6 20-20

S. Ramsey 116.2 7.0 69-67

Since I am solidly in the tap the breaks camp, I probably should post this. But what fun would that be?

It is interesting, but given who we played, I am with you on tapping the breaks. I am looking forward to what he does next week. Either way, he is very exciting and fun to watch.

#WordCrimes

No, not really.

Lets wait and see how he does against real competition.

It's more in reference of our VERY mediocre QB records. I think a lot of people agree, DW has shown he has more natural talent than any QB in UNT's history. You can tell that regardless of the competition. As long as he plays all 4 years he'll own every record.

• Upvote 3

It's more in reference of our VERY mediocre QB records. I think a lot of people agree, DW has shown he has more natural talent than any QB in UNT's history. You can tell that regardless of the competition. As long as he plays all 4 years he'll own every record.

He's right, regardless of who he played for his first true game, we all know this guy is different. We played him in the Idaho game for a bit too. We all know what he is capable of. And for us at UNT, a QB like DW is a godsend this season.

UNT90 is easy to spot on Halloween night. He's the guy who turns off the porch light when kids walk by.

Correct.

But this is crazy stupid talk for a guy that beat a high school team and had success in a couple of mop up roles.

Hey, I'm excited about DW, also. I also feel he is the most talented QB on the roster. But can we wait and see what he does against real competition before anointing him the greatest QB of all time ever at UNT?

Fact is we still don't know what he is. We find out more in 8 days.

Edited by UNT90
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Correct.

But this is crazy stupid talk for a guy that beat a high school team and had success in a couple of mop up roles.

Hey, I'm excited about DW, also. I also feel he is the most talented QB on the roster. But can we wait and see what he does against real competition before anointing him the greatest QB of all time ever at UNT?

Fact is we still don't know what he is. We find out more in 8 days.

Well we do know what DW is we just want to qualify our ranking of him, we don't know just how well he and the rest of the offense will do against a faster tougher defense. I will say I feel fairly safe stating they will be better than how we played against LaTech.

Well we do know what DW is we just want to qualify our ranking of him, we don't know just how well he and the rest of the offense will do against a faster tougher defense. I will say I feel fairly safe stating they will be better than how we played against LaTech.

He is obviously better than Greer. The question is how much. We start finding out against Indiana.

Why is it so hard for UNT to recruit quarterbacks ? Is it because quarterbacks won't come here because they will not be throwing the ball 30 plus a game? We don't seem to have trouble finding good running backs.

I watch a lot of college football on tv and when the starting qb goes out and the next guy in does not miss a beat. Not to beat a dead horse and I wish all my heart that Greer was going to be a good qb for us but when Greer or Little Mac are in the game the team looks so different then when DW is running the offense. It seems Greer does not relax and panics when he is on the field.

• Upvote 2

Why is it so hard for UNT to recruit quarterbacks ?

I think it has a lot to do with the coaching staffs we have had. Think of the coaches here since the run n shoot and other pass heavy variants really began to spread to HS QB's.

1995-1997 Matt Simon, Pro style with a heavy emphasis on the ground game.

1998-2006 Darrell Dickey, DickeyBall

2007-2010* Todd Dodge, prospects knew Riley was going to be the QB

2010* Mike Canales, interim who never got to recruit as HC

2011-Present Dan McCarney, Multi with a heavy emphasis on running the ball

Edited by Cerebus